Backing for CoQ10/Ubquinol?

Previous topic - Next topic

PFOC

CoQ10 (or its variants) is recommended frequently in this forum as an oral supplement.  However, Dr. Levine, who seems to be highly regarded here, recently published an overview of recommended treatments which did not mention CoQ10 at all.  The text is here:

http://tau.amegroups.com/article/view/28824/28671

This article include a nice table (near the end) summarizing options and recommendations.

What is the backing for CoQ10 as a helpful supplement?

Thanks!
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

NeoV

https://www.nature.com/articles/ijir201020\

It's the best study on any oral supplement and Peyronie's. And that is only the beginning when it comes to the science behind it and how it works in favor of our penises if you really read into it and think about it.

Nobody supports it because it's a supplement, not a drug.  

peter123

It's a safarinjajad study, it'll probably be retracted soon as many of his papers have been ex the pentox study
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR REPEATED RULE VIOLATIONS He never had Peyronies Disease but has body dysmorphia and his pastime was to attack all treatments, medical resources, and opinions.

alec

I just started taking 300mg q10 Daily

Hopes are up!
30yrs, diagnosed in feb. 2018 after possible injury (not sure), 4 plaques, 4 dents, S-surve, 30° right/45° up curve, tingle in the legs, sometimes penile pain an depressed.

NeoV

Quote from: peter123 on September 19, 2020, 10:38:25 AM
It's a safarinjajad study, it'll probably be retracted soon as many of his papers have been ex the pentox study

Very possible and this has bothered me as well. Yet, pentox does seem to work based on other studies and it's basic science. CoQ10, to me, has a good scientific reason to work for fibrosis as well, but I don't know. Supplements just haven't been studied much at all with PDS, we don't have much to work with.

AlterEgo

Quote from: NeoV on September 29, 2020, 08:56:35 PM
Very possible and this has bothered me as well. Yet, pentox does seem to work based on other studies and it's basic science. CoQ10, to me, has a good scientific reason to work for fibrosis as well, but I don't know. Supplements just haven't been studied much at all with PDS, we don't have much to work with.
How long would it take for coq10 to start dissolving the plaque?  
42 male
main symptoms are hollow feeling shaft
scar tissue on corporas shown on ultrasound
Loss of girth, weak flaccid skin sensitive

TonySa

CoQ10 has shown in some studies to help when added to other treatments such as traction.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

NeoV

Tony, I there is only one CoQ10 study (but please tell me if you are aware of another).

CoQ10 has good research on it relating to fibrosis. I only worry about withdrawal upon stopping, even though it does come back to baseline in a week or so. Your body produces CoQ10 and needs cholesterol to do so (betaoxidation, this is why keto is so important and why statins mess up your penis).