Is collagen making peyronies worse?

Previous topic - Next topic

CO420H

Hello all - just joined this board & aplogize if posted in wrong section. I've recently been diagnosed after noticing small plaque build up & curvature in May. It is getting worse ... from pea sized to now longer.

For past year, I've been taking collagen protein supplements with my wife ... just thought good for hair, nails etc so put in morning coffee.

I'm now thinking this is really dumb ... possibly helping with build-up. Thoughts?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

Xavier99

In my experience it's just the natural progression of this thing unfortunately. I started in May with this as well.  
35 yrs old
Onset 05/01/20 diagnosed 05/14/20. Taking Pentox, trental, multivitamin, Zoloft & Tylenol
Traction was painful and made it worse
Lateral plaque by glands 20 degrees left/ narrowing
Lost about 2cm length

Paolo

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Realvinni2000

I asked this to my former andrologist, I got some injuries for lifting and he did confirm those substances are not recommended with peyronies and can make it worsen
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **[\color]

Asphyxia

Honestly, i dont know but i think collagen is in meat and fish too and not only in bone broths(or powders) , yet carnivore or keto diet seem to be advised for peyronies
Im breaking a water fast with a bone broth so im also worried about it.

I found this post on the forum of someone having an optimistic view on collagen:
https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php?topic=12665.0
Curve mostly semi erect about 60 degrees, slight pain
Tried short & prolonged fasts, keto,carnivore, traction and most of the supplements.
Severe digestive issues, probably an autoimmune disorder