implanted 9/11

Previous topic - Next topic

2Oldfords

Needless to say, there is no going back from here.

I was scheduled for 2 hrs surgery time, ended up 3. I had the penoscrotal incision horizontal all went well except the reservoir. That ended up being placed like infrapubic with its own incision. Seems one side would not hold the bag and the other side was full of scar tissue so it had to be placed elsewhere. I didn't get to talk to the Dr. but wife did she was told it was like I had had hernia.
  Typical Im black & blue from sack on up. I can feel the bulb behind my nuts. That all seems very tight. Lots of swelling despite being on and off ice packs since I came out of surgery. I don't have a clue if it was left part inflated or all the stiffness is from the swelling. Not a word about when to start pumping, My instructions were I could shower today and do sitz bath after 5 days. watch the video how to manipulate the pump.

I did get sent home with what they installed. AMS 700 CX, 21CM with 2cm rte.

Just a little bit of news and keep you-all informed more as we go.
Age - 65
Peyronies of unknown length of time
70 Deg curve 10-11 o'clock
first 2 uro's offer for xiaflex and referral
incision/grafting 12/18/18, Implant 9/11/20

Hawk

Congratulations.  Sounds like you had a bit of a difficult go.  That will make you have some second thoughts over the next few weeks but if the install is good you will soon forget all about it.

I encourage you to start every post with a header so we can track your progress.  Such as Post-Op Day 2
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

jan.schaller1958

2Oldfords,

Yes, best of luck to you. You'll probably be fine. Healing takes time, especially on something like what you had. I had my gallbladder out in November due to chronic cholecystitis and they told me ,,oh in 2 weeks you'll be back to normal." Ah, yeah. Right. Here I am 10 months out and I can't eat pizza, cheese, chocolate, nothing fatty, and that's probably for life; otherwise, it goes right through me. The gallbladder is there for a reason and without it, your diet does take a LOT of time to adjust.

So, any kind of surgery will set you back, but give it time and you'll more than likely be fine.

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR RULE VIOLATIONS

Pfract

Hey 2oldfords! congratulations on taking the plunge! Hoping all works out for you on this new step of yours  8)

2Oldfords

Post op day 3
Thanks all for the encouragement. This surgery went 1 hr more than scheduled due to the bag not being able to put in normal place. I'm probably more sore than you would normally be if there were no complications. So basically the surgeon had to try 3 times opening up a place to put the reservoir. I knew my abdominal cavity had issues, this is a little known problem that comes from the dupytrins contracture. I had surgery a couple of years ago to remove my gall bladder. the surgeon asked if I had ever had surgery there before because of the scar tissue. About a year later I had my appendix taken out and the scar tissue removed.
This is why I insisted on the penoscrotal implant procedure as I wanted to stay away from making more scar tissue where it was removed. I guess I was wrong and should have gone with the infrapubic method.
  Right now my issue is the pain. I was sent home with 10 tramidol tablets. 1 every 6 hrs, I have 3 left. So my question is when does the pain diminish? I still have 2 days before I can take a sitz bath. I'll see if I can call the Dr and get more. Its not like Im going to get addicted to damn pain pills the Oxy they where giving me in the hospital makes me itch enough they were giving me Benadryl too. I'm so lucky as to be allergic to codeine.
  Well that's my day 3 update.
Age - 65

Hawk

Get ready to hit the OTC pain killers  You can take Tylenol and Alev at the same time since one is processed by kidneys and one by the liver.  Also be ready to try heat and cold.

Try not to let the pain get ahead of you.  I would have to check my journal to be sure but I think I took prescription pain killers off and on for at least a week.

2Oldfords

Hawk, I'm not trying to get buzzed I'm not even wanting total pain removal just better management with more than tomorrow morning to worry about. I will go to my Primary Dr. for help if I have to. I can get around slowly and carefully but Its not without a bit of discomfort. My pain threshold is fairly high. I just don't think its a good idea to hurt for no good reason.
  I just hope this will be worth it all in the end. I have to trust that it will.

Age - 65

Hawk

It will be worth it.

It is important to keep in mind that it is not a sprint but a marathon.  Even every day will not be better than the day before, but every week will be better than the week before.  When you hit about 3 months you will almost have a sense that there isn't any healing left to do.  

2Oldfords

Post op day 4. This am when I got out of bed I took one of my last pain pills, put on some jeans and tennis shoes and took my 5 month old GSP for a little walk. She was getting to be hard to handle, She needs exercise daily. I feel some better now and she is laying down for a change. Maybe I can find some little projects to keep me busy that don't hurt to bad.
  Hawk you were right about sitting down, it is the worst of it. Walking isn't that bad.
  I think the ice packs helped a lot, There was some swelling etc but I think I kept it down as much as possible. My ball bag is still very sore. I can feel the pump in there but no way could I pump it yet. Tomorrow I can do a sitz bath. I can't wait.
  I will continue the ice treatment while I see how much activity I can stand.

By the way this forum is a wealth of info. Some really great people. I hope someday my little journal will help someone else. If nothing else but a bench-mark of daily progress.
Age - 65

Stepone

Yes, sitting is the worst.
But it will get better over time.
When I would sit in the hot bath, I drank a beer and listened to NPR.
It was my relax time.
Once I was released to start pumping, I did the same.
Good luck in your journey, stay in touch.
StepOne  
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

2Oldfords

Day 6 post-op.
  I started sitz bath yesterday and it turned me around. It temporarily reduced the pain, enough so that I would strongly suggest this to anybody. I did it several times yesterday and twice today. I can say today the dark black and blue is pretty much gone and more normal discoloration is present. I'm still using ice packs after sitz bath to further reduce any swelling etc. It is working.
  I really don't know how much time is ok to keep the incisions wet. I don't have any stitches just glue. They probably arn't even getting wet but I am playing it safe. I don't need one to open up prematurely so I soak until I get some relief then dry off.

Ok, more later

Age - 65

Stepone

2oldfords

My doctor gave me a instruction sheet on after care.
If you are not sure about something, I would call his office and ask.
I don't recall exactly, but it seems to me I was in the bath about 30-45 minutes, so the glue was wet that long. LOL.

I am glad the black and blue is diminishing. It took me longer than a few days. Us older guys take longer to heal sometimes. LOL.
Stay strong....
Best wishes,
StepOne
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

2Oldfords

So this is day 11 post-op.
  Most all of the discoloration and swelling is gone. Ball sack isn't nearly as sore. I can clearly feel the different parts of the pump.
It is still uncomfortable in jeans for any real length of time. Wearing a jock strap seems to help at first then it gets the same way. I'm going to go to work tomorrow, if it becomes unbearable I'll leave.
   This surgery has been the hardest on me of any so far.

More to follow.........
Age - 65

Stepone

Keep on moving, glad things are getting better.
It was difficult for me to find the right underwear.
I tried a lot of underwear.
I found low rise briefs to be the best for me.
I tried several brands before I found one that kept my penis up and my balls somewhat loose.
I also found a soft polyester Jock strap that kept my junk in place but was not pressing against the penis pump.
Good luck in your search.
StepOne  

2Oldfords

Day 17 post-op
  I'm still uncomfortable with any clothes on. Suture line on the scrotum is still sore not infected sore just stitches are still dissolving and feel like they need to be pulled out. Poor penis is tired of being 70% hard and rubbing. I still have about 2 wks before post-op visit and maybe get ok to pump up and let down.
  I will say it's a good thing I have read most all posts on this forum about implants and problems. I am confident this will all be worth the trouble. So many good reports on how implants changed lives. I am looking forward until the day I can report all is well in the bedroom again.
Age - 65

Stepone

Interesting.
My surgeon had me back in office at 7 days. That's when the started me pumping even though I was sore as hell.
My stitches were self dissolving and it seemed like the warm water bath helped them dissolve.
It seems your doctor has a longer no touch policy.
A month seems like a long wait to start pumping, but I guess he has found success with his patients. It could be a 6 or half a dozen thing.
Good luck my friend.
StepOne  

2Oldfords

Day 23 Post-Op
  I'm hanging in there, Not much to report other than that I'm still tender/sore. I'm beginning to believe the complication I had in surgery with the placing the reservoir 3 times and having to be cut like infrapubic to finish has really slowed my recovery. I normally heal pretty fast and I thought I was early on but now its like time has stopped. I go back for my post op visit next monday, I can only hope that by then I can start cycling up and down.
Age - 65

2Oldfords

Stepone, I know it seems like every surgeon/Dr. has their own protocol. I thought a month was a bit much before starting to cycle but I guess it works for him. I just want it to work again. It will never be the same as before pyronie's but a man just has to keep trying. It seems everyone implanted is happy with the outcome so I know I will be too.
Age - 65

2Oldfords

So this is day 28 post-op
   I am still very uncomfortable. so much so I went back to hot sitz baths and basically doing nothing. I have been to work and know that the pain gets worse every day I'm active at all. I have tried to stay as active as possible with pain being my guide. I might have overdone it a few times and that is why I'm still sore.
   I think I have read on this forum that the implanted penis never really gets soft again or at least not for a long time. That is probably one of my biggest issues right now.. It is sore from being chubby so long. No relief inside underwear etc it is always sore from the rubbing or pressure. Only time I get any relief is naked in bed. By morning the soreness goes down enough to do another day. It was bad enough at the end of last week I thought I might have to have this removed. If this is what it will be like for the long term I will have it removed. I just hope the Dr. can convince me monday all is ok and this is "normal".
   You all stay safe.
Age - 65

TDix

Sorry you are dealing with pain for this long.  Hopefully your doctor can provide you some relief on Monday  
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Stepone

2oldfords

So sorry for your pain.
It will get better. Some of us are more sensitive to pain, me included.
When you inflate, are you squeezing it enough to get the fluid into the reservoir? I was not and then one time I squeezed it so much, I bruised my penis, but it got better. It's hard to understand via emails, but the good news is that you visit the doctor Monday.
So if I am understanding you correctly, the pain is centered around your penis and not your abdomen, is that correct?
I hope you get relief soon my friend.

StepOne

2Oldfords

Stepone, I haven't pumped up yet, I hope the Dr. tells me to start tomorrow.
   I don't consider myself real sensitive to pain. I do recognize the pain I have and try to understand where it is coming from and why. Part of my concern comes from the sensation I have when bending over. I feel the tubing move like a pop inside where it goes over my pubic bone and connects to the pump. It is a weird feeling.
   This may be normal just not expected. Anyway, I may try to get a second opinion after I talk to the Dr.  
Age - 65

Stepone

2oldfords,

Thanks for your reply.
I am very curious too about why your doctor has not had you to be pumping every day?
If you look at everyone's journals, you will see that most of us started pumping as soon as a few days after surgery.
It seems like a long time ago, but I think my surgeon had me pumping after a week.
I don't understand the popping either, that doesn't sound right. Of course I am not a doctor, but I have never read that of anyone.
Perhaps Hawk might interject some thoughts?
When you see your surgeon, I would ask him why he has delayed asking you to pump for so long? I wonder if this could be a misunderstanding or ?
Please let us know what you find out. I hope it all works out for you.
StepOne

2Oldfords

Ok so My 30 day postop visit was very informative.
  I now have instructions on Physical Therapy for my implanted penis that is very similar to instructions for other members. I don't know if the long wait is just his protocol or because he had to work very hard to get the implant tubes in my penis. Lots of scar tissue from prior grafting and recurrent Peyronie's.
  Because of where the reservoir was placed some tubing runs over my pubic bone. When I would bend over the pressure in my waist would cause the tubing to move a little. He said in about another month this would scar over and stop.
   Under his direction I deflated myself fully. What a relief. I thought I was deflated and the semi chub was just how it was going to be. Much better now.
  Thanks to all who have followed this posting and have given comments back. This is great value of using this board.

Age - 65

Stepone

Yes, thanks for posting and am glad you are doing well.
Your case is an interesting one.
So what do you think of your penis now?
Straight, thick, length? Are you happy?
How easy is it inflate, deflate?
When can you start using it?
StepOne  

2Oldfords

Ok so I have started the pumping up process once a day.
   My penis even when pumped up seems small, it is straight. I hope as the tissue stretches it will regain size.
   Pumping is hard, the pump is very stiff and I only get maybe 6-7 full pumps before the pump is rock hard and will not do anymore. Deflating is a breeze.
   I probably have at least 3 weeks before I can try the new toy out. I guess that depends upon how well I can pump and hold it time wise. I will resume that activity just as soon as possible believe me!

Thanks and I hope someone will benefit from my experience.
Age - 65

Stepone

2oldfords

Ok, that is good news. My penis didn't start expanding until maybe the 4th or 5th week of pumping and then it was very slow to expand.
Do you know what size you have?
The pump will loosen up, it really does!
I have to pump a lot. I have gotten to about 30 pumps already, but that is another story.
Great on the deflation. I have always had a problem deflating. I have to almost choke it, to get it to go down. But I don't care so much, as it works so well. I mind, but I really don't.
I am so happy for you, keep on pumping.
StepOne

2Oldfords

Ok, it has been a long time since I posted on progress.

Everything is going well. Everything works as expected. Time does heal.
  I still have some discomfort from the pump sharing space with the boys. Kind of a pinching, not a deal breaker for sure. The popping from tubing to pump sensation is gone. I am able to bend over now without that very disturbing feeling. The pumping up is still progressing. All in all I am very happy with the whole process of implantation. Things could have been better I.E. pain meds after surgery. I would still recommend Dr. Knoll in Nashville as surgery wise all went well.

This forum is without a doubt a treasure of information and the members truly wish the best to all.
Age - 65

Pfract

Glad to know things are working well for you! Funny that I read this, while I'm in Tennessee at a customer. 🙂

May your implant continue to bring many moments of joy.

2Oldfords

Post-Op  7 Months
Ok, I'm still having issues with the tubing and the pump in the old scrotum. I feel like it pops or pulls/moves when I bend over. This is not comfortable. It helps to keep underwear tight and pulled up constantly but you cannot maintain this throughout the day and I end up adjusting things a lot.

My question is do any of you with implants deal with this issue? Does this go away with time? Any suggestions?

Age - 65

Hawk

2Oldfords

Thanks for the reply hawk. I'm hoping this will eventually go away. Its possible that because my surgery was kind of hybrid it will not and this is as good as it gets.
Age - 65