Peyronies in active phase or scarring from injury. Is there a difference?

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombone

5 months ago I badly injured my penis using a vacuum device. Now 5 months after I still have quite a lot of pain when flaccid and erect. It seems like the pain is getting better whenever I dont touch the plaque/scarring, but I can not stop doing it. I have to check now and then if its growing or not. If I dont touch it for a while it starts to itch. I think this is because of the healing process. The last couple of weeks the plaque or whatever I should call it it seems to have become harder, and I can feel a sharp edge on it if my dick is soft flaccid. It also seems like the edge of the glans (bottom side) on the left side is harder than before the injury. Strangely tho I can only feel the plaque when the foreskin is over the head, when I pull the skin away and touch only the glans, it can not be felt, even though its located underneath the glans on the tip of the shaft. Straight after the injury my glans also seems to have tilted more to the left. I have since early age had a left sided tilt of the glans and curvature about 10-15 degrees (have had a lump since 2016, urologists disagreed wether it was peyronies or not)  I doesnt seem like the curvature have developed much after the injury but its still very painful. Sometimes it burns, its sore and it feels like its bruised in a way. It also hurts on the opposite side of the scarring from time to time, like the pain switches from side to side.

Anyways I want to know if anyone has had any similiar issues and maybe tell me how the progression went by. I also have a couple of questions about the difference between peyronies and normal healing process.

What is really the difference? Is it correct that some can get peyronies from injury and some dont? Is it normal to have pain after injury for months? And if you get scarring that hardens and grows only a bit is that defined as peyronies or only the injury healing. This makes me very confused.

Is my issue a result of a normal healing process after the injury, a mild peyronies in its acute phase or should I expect more curvature as the plaque grows. Of course no one can say for sure, but it would be nice if someone would share their thougts or experiences.

Have someone here on this forum had a similiar injury, pain for months and scarring that turned out to be fine and didnt develop to peyronies? Im worried stressed out and confused about this whole thing.  
Slight curvature to the left when erect (10-15) More curvature when flaccid. Severe pain. Anxious. Got diagnosed with Peyronies Disease chronic phase in 2016. New injury 5 months ago. Been seeing several urologists wich all say its not peyronies. 38 years old.

TonySa

Did you have the curve before the Injury?  If so, have you always had it?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Tombone

Hey Tonysa. Yes I did have the curvature before the injury. I think I devoloped it in my early 20s or might have had it all my life actually without paying it much attention. But I can for sure feel more scarring after the injury. I should of course let it rest and heal but I have to check and when I masturbate and have sex it seems to aggrovate the injury and the scarring. Im afraid that has lead to Peyronies Disease or will eventually. But maybe it wont, who knows.  
Slight curvature to the left when erect (10-15) More curvature when flaccid. Severe pain. Anxious. Got diagnosed with Peyronies Disease chronic phase in 2016. New injury 5 months ago. Been seeing several urologists wich all say its not peyronies. 38 years old.

TonySa

Well this seems like good news.  You most likely have a natural slight cogenital curve.  Also, it's been five months since the injury without major problems.  And, docs have said it's not Peyronie's.  Rather than checking it by feel regularly I'd take objective measurements and the remeasure every 60 days or so to see if there have been any actual changes.  It's easy to feel or see changes when there are none.  See the guide girl taking measurements.  https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,3180.msg44057.html#msg44057
Finally between measurements google anxiety reduction techniques and give them a try.  It sounds like you will be in good shape but it's easy to worry I know.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Tombone

Thanks for good advices and uplifting words. I will for sure give it some rest and have started measurments. Just met a girl and hurts like hell when having sex, so no sex for weeks from now. Strange that the pain should last this long but it is what it is. Anyways, its comforting to get feedback from experienced guys when it comes to issues like this. Thanks again and have a nice evening/day!

TonySa

If you have pain take a NSAID daily like ibuprofen and generic voltaren gel applied to the penis three times a day.  Pentox may help as well.

Tombone

I take diclofenac and Ibuprofen for pain. Tried voltaren gel but seems to hurt more. Only tried it once maybe I'll try again. Will ask doc for pentox, sadly theyre conservative when it comes to prescribing painkillers in Norway. Now Im a bit worried having sex made it worse since I have more pain after. Hopefully it wont lead to peyronies.  

TonySa

Diclofenac sodium gel is generic voltaren.  Do you need to up your dose of ibuprofen or apply diclofenac more frequently?

Tombone

I started with voltarol gel three times per day from today. In Norway we dont have voltaren sodium but I assume voltarol gel is the same since it contains diclofenac. I will try that and voltaren 50 mg pills for ten days.

I went to a follow up examination today and the uro says she still dont think it's PDS but she find it strange Im still in so much pain. I should be relified of course, but I find it a bit frustrating as it's obvious more scarring has appeared wich hurts. Strange as it is sometimes its almost impossible to feel and sometimes its very apparent and has a rough and sharp edge to it. Like it hides behind the bottom edge of the glans sometimes. Anyway she said my pain can be a result of constant touching it and not letting it heal and rest properly over time. Seems reasonable of course. I just hope that provocing and aggrovating my injury will end up as PDS. Uro says thats not likely and shes never seen that happened. It seems to me uros in Norway dont have much knowledge about PDS to be honest. I have all the symptoms of pain and hardened areas but not much change in curvature yet as it seems. I guess I have to start coping with anxiety, stop feeling and checking obsessively and just be patient and wait.

Do you think not letting it rest properly ultimately can lead to the disease, Tony? Of course its impossible to predict, just wonder if you have heard anything smilar.  

diehardpatriot

Depending on just how bad your injury is , it's likely in 5 months it should move healed regardless of what you did unless you've been having rough sex 3 hours a day daily. When people on this forum get penis surgery the doctors don't even tell patients to avoid erections (erection facilitate the healing process). They only tell them to avoid sex only becuase injuries can happen and the pressure can sometimes be a bit much. However, if you have never let it test since the injury , let it rest for 6 weeks (I know it's hard) but you must. This way you can stop worrying about you injuring it. Next , read the book "unlearn your pain" and get educated on chronic pain. 5 months with pain is considered chronic and this could become a long time issue if not addressed on a psychological level as well. You have anxious in your bio and anxiety + fear + pain can prime your brain to wire in the pain for the long term. I had a penis injury that has left me with a scar lump and the scarring never caused any curving ,ED, and also has never got bigger.  
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.