Nodules AREN'T PLAQUE!?!? - Hypercontractile smoothe muscle tone

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMathuna

Ok, so I'm not sure what thread to put this in.

I recently had a (free) video consult with Dr. Trost at the Male Fertility and Peyronie's Clinic (which is a resource I recommend people utilize. Dr. Trost was super patient, respectful, and informative).

I've got a lot of nodules behind my glans which I had assumed up until now was peyronie's plaque.
Dr. Trost believes that, because I have dorsal "plaque behind my glans, but am not experiencing an upward bend there, that it is unlikely that i have Peyronies Disease. There are ligaments that connect the cavernosum to the spongiosum and these ligaments begin on the dorsal side of the penis, so he thinks it is likely that there is something going on with these.
Another theory he presented is that I am experiencing "hypercontractile smoothe muscle tone" and the tissue in my penis is bunched up. He says that this is caused because my system is overproducing adrenaline.

This makes some sense because my "plaques" often become diffuse or less palpable after traction, but then they reappear within minutes. So it's likely that traction is stretching out the bunched up tissue temporarily, and then tension in the tissue is drawing it back together. I don't believe that a scar would behave like this.

Anyway, traction is supposed to not be great for this.

I'm going to schedule a followup visit and ask more questions.
27 yr/o
Symptoms presented August 20, 2019
Slight bend to the left and down
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

NeoV

Wow... well my understanding was that scar tissue is scar tissue with or without a bend, just like how Dupuyten's nodules are scar tissue with or without a bend.

This is very interesting, but what did he say would be the treatment? If the treatment is the same, I'll still call it Peyronie's. Almost everyone's scars get momentarily softer after traction.

The adrenaline thing interests me most. But this seems pretty crazy to me, given you have a curve and hinging. I'm a bit surprised he would ever deny you have Peyronie's. I used to have excess adrenaline due to blood sugar and insulin problems.

Thanks for sharing this.

TonySa

It makes sense to me as typical Peyronie's plaques go not quickly come and go as many report.  I've always that these guys had some sort of "atypical" Peyronie's or most likely all together another condition.  The adrenaline and contraction sounds similar to pelvic floor issues but in the penis.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

MacMathuna

@Neov

Ok, so I defnitely have Peyronie's disease, since a doppler came back positive for calcifications at the base of my penis and a about a third of the way up. I believe this is mostly responsible for my curve.

What's interesting is that the doppler didn't pick anything up right behind my glans, and this is where most of my nodularity is located. This is where Dr. Trost suspects my sympsoms are due to the hypercontractile smooth muscle tone or something to do with the suspensory ligaments.

So it's not that I don't have peyronie's disease, it's just that some of my more major symptoms may be due to something else. I'm eager to figure out how to deal with this if it isn't Peyronies Disease, and I have another consult with Dr. Trost in a month.

They do free video consults at the Male Fertility and Peyronie's Clinic so it might be interesting to talk to them yourself.
27 yr/o
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

peter123

Do they also make these free consultations for people overseas?  
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR REPEATED RULE VIOLATIONS He never had Peyronies Disease but has body dysmorphia and his pastime was to attack all treatments, medical resources, and opinions.

MacMathuna

Sadly, I dont think so.

Currently they only do video calls in certain states in the U.S., but they also don't make you say where you're from when you schedule so...
27 yr/o
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation