Peyronie's surgery and cosmetic surgery

Previous topic - Next topic

edgar

I was wondering 2 somewhat related things:

1) I'm thinking that loss of length with plication might be partially countered by plastic surgery that exposes more of what's already there. I used to be overweight and I have some excess skin over the base, as well as a scrotal skin that attaches relatively high on the shaft.
Does anyone know any (preferably US-based) honest and skillful plastic surgeon who has experience in this? Or better, any Peyronie's surgeon who might be able to do a pubic lift/scrotoplasty at the same time as the penile operation itself?

2) I'm planning to go for an abdominoplasty ("tummy tuck") for medical as well as aesthetic reasons. When I mentioned this to Dr. Levine, he said that if I do both abdominoplasty and Peyronie's surgery, I should do the Peyronie's first (IIRC he said abdominal surgery can cause changes to lymphatic circulation even after it's fully healed). However, other doctors didn't confirm this idea. This puts me in a bit of a dilemma, because I'm decided on the abdominoplasty but still on the fence about Peyronie's surgery.
Any experience with interaction of Peyronie's surgery vs abdominal surgery and other surgeons' opinions?
In my 30's. Stable non-calcified Peyronie's, 45° dorsal. No change with Xiaflex, Verapamil, RestoreX traction.

jan.schaller1958

That's a tough one. I know Dr Levine is well-respected, but if you could travel to San Francisco to see Dr Lue, at UCSF, and if your insurance would cover it, or money isn't a problem, I'd consult him. In my opinion, Dr. Lue is the world's ,,penis/peroines" expert. I wouldn't be surprised if most all the the world's top Peyroines surgeons are his former residents or at least studied under him. Dr Lue confided in me that he was the first urologist in the world to demonstrate how erections even occur in men. Believe it or not, before 1980 it wasn't fully understood. I found that hard to believe, since they always knew it was a ,,blood in, blood out" process, but the exact mechanics of it had never been discovered until Dr Lue discovered it, and published his findings in a peer-reviewed medical Journal 40 years ago.
I wouldn't delay in seeing him since he is getting older and who knows, he may retire someday.  
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR RULE VIOLATIONS