Prostate & Hard Flaccid issues - cured with implant?

Previous topic - Next topic

JayGould

I thought I'd create a new thread for this question in case other people are interested. I know many people here are suffering from "hard flaccid" as one symptom of their Peyronie's disease. In my case, this includes (aside from the scarring on the penis):

- Swollen muscles around prostate (like half a tennis ball swelling)
- Hard to stretch, dark red/purple inflamed looking flaccid penis (not always anymore, but often)
- Very little ejaculate/semen (about 20% as much as prior to injury/Peyronie's), probably not even fertile
- Unable to "shoot" ejaculate. It will just drip out of the penis with very little force
- Pain in urethra and pelvic muscles/prostate after ejaculation
- Problem urinating. Feels like something is blocking the urine from getting out.

Did anyone else have these symptoms prior to implant? Did the implant help fix any of them? I've had them since the onset (so about 4 years).

bustedchubb

I didn't have any surgery, but I certainly had urination issues and prostatitis (CPPS) set in with my Peyronie's.  I was perfectly fine in all areas before Peyronies Disease hit.  I developed straining, post void dripping/dribbling, and this God awful weird burning in the penile urethrea near the base after urination and defalcation.   I ended up having a cystoscopy on 8/20 after suffering a ton for 6 months on and off.  But they found no blockage / scarring in the urethera.   So Peyronies Disease definitely can F with urination and/or ejaculation.  I know at least 2-3 members on the board that have had very similar issues that I had, Dressa, and NeoV for sure.  
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

JayGould

Quote from: bustedchubb on September 05, 2020, 12:29:25 PM
I didn't have any surgery, but I certainly had urination issues and prostatitis (CPPS) set in with my Peyronie's.  I was perfectly fine in all areas before Peyronies Disease hit.  I developed straining, post void dripping/dribbling, and this God awful weird burning in the penile urethrea near the base after urination and defalcation.   I ended up having a cystoscopy on 8/20 after suffering a ton for 6 months on and off.  But they found no blockage / scarring in the urethera.   So Peyronies Disease definitely can F with urination and/or ejaculation.  I know at least 2-3 members on the board that have had very similar issues that I had, Dressa, and NeoV for sure.

Yeah it seems like these are quite common symptoms, at least in a subset of those affected by Peyronie's. I can relate to what you are describing. So did your symptoms go away or are you still suffering from them? I'm thinking this is a muscular issue, but it's been very hard to correct naturally. I had a bout of about a week last year where all of these symptoms pretty much went away completely. I could pee without having to push and it felt like pre-Peyronie's. My penis looked a lot healthier and it was easier to get an erection. My libido was back. But after rubbing DMSO on my penis and around my pelvic everything became inflamed again and I went back to square one (actually, it got worse than ever). Relaxation exercises and pelvic stretching helps but doesn't completely alleviate.

Hawk

I think a person can have prostate issues and Peyronies Disease at the same time but I have NEVER read anything about a connection between the two and the conditions have NOTHING to do with each other.  

Prostate issues do affect urination and ejaculation.  The urethra runs through the middle of the prostate .  If it enlarges it squeezes the urethra and urine or seman cannot be expelled easily.  In fact, you can ejaculate backwards into the bladder (retrograde).
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

bustedchubb

@jay :  After 10 Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy sessions and daily PF stretching and exercising, my situation has greatly improved.  Urination is still not normal but has improved as my Pelvic Floor function has improved.  It is a slow slog but definitely is moving in the right direction.  

@hawk: My prostate was not inflamed at all, which was confirmed by a myriad of tests.  It was confirmed Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (or CPPS) as well described by the book "Headache of the Pelvis" Doctors call it Non-Bacterial Chronic Prostatitis.   It was more than likely triggered from the painful active phase, nerve damage, inflammation, and then the copious stress I was facing from the onset of Peyronies Disease.
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

JayGould

Quote from: Hawk on September 05, 2020, 03:30:06 PM
I think a person can have prostate issues and Peyronies Disease at the same time but I have NEVER read anything about a connection between the two and the conditions have NOTHING to do with each other.  

Prostate issues do affect urination and ejaculation.  The urethra runs through the middle of the prostate .  If it enlarges it squeezes the urethra and urine or seman cannot be expelled easily.  In fact, you can ejaculate backwards into the bladder (retrograde).

Yeah I think I have retrograde ejaculation from reading about it. Had it since the onset of Peyronie's. Hope it's possible to fix and that fertility can be restored. Will see, I plan on scheduling an appointment with a Urologist tomorrow to have it checked.

Hawk

Quote from: JayGould on September 06, 2020, 09:18:58 AM
Hope it's possible to fix and that fertility can be restored. Will see, I plan on scheduling an appointment with a Urologist tomorrow to have it checked.

You think you are infertile?

TonySa

Infertility isn't Usually related to the amount of semen vs the make-up of it.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

JayGould

Quote from: Hawk on September 06, 2020, 10:21:24 AM
You think you are infertile?

Well a Urologist told me a few years ago that retrograde ejaculation causes infertility. Given that I've most likely had it for years I'm guessing I'm infertile at the moment. I've actually ejaculated into a few women multiple times without them getting pregnant either, so that kind of points to that conclusion.

TonySa

Def get it medically verified or you could end up w a lifetime surprise (a child).
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Hawk

Red Retrograde ejaculation decreases the volume of ejaculate not the viability. A droplet (not a drop) contains millions of sperm cells.  I know 2 women who got pregnant without the man even ejaulating just from a drop of pre-cum lube.

Artificial insemination which I have done on birds uses 1/50th of an emission of seman.  

JayGould

Tony: Yeah I will get it checked.

Hawk: Ok, well according to google "retrograde ejaculation can lead to male infertility". Perhaps they just mean the swimmers won't reach the egg, because most of them just go to the bladder instead. Not that it is anything permanent. Well, the way I understood my Urologist it was a permanent thing. But hope you're right!

Hawk

I never suggest it is not permanent.  What I said was if you still ejaculate a drop, it is full of swimmers and that is all it takes.  If you don't ejaculate ANY seman (rare) they could still collect seman to artificially inseminate.

JayGould

Quote from: Hawk on September 07, 2020, 10:37:06 AM
I never suggest it is not permanent.  What I said was if you still ejaculate a drop, it is full of swimmers and that is all it takes.  If you don't ejaculate ANY seman (rare) they could still collect seman to artificially inseminate.

Gotcha!