Start of My Journey

Previous topic - Next topic

newAgeMan2112

Hello everyone.

So, just a few moments ago, I ordered the RestoreX device. If you read my signature, this is the state of what I am dealing with. The good news that as of right now (and after a couple months after I got Peyronies) I have stabilized but obviously can't leave my penis with an almost 90 degree downward bend! At this point, it's clear I'm in the chronic phase and the scar tissue on the line of muscle on the underside of my penis has stabilized. Nothing has gotten worse or better.

Now, I'm ready to try 'serious' traction. After much research using this wonderful board, I decided to try traction over VED (for now). RestoreX seems to be the best option for me at the moment. Less time required for the sessions and the device looks solid and professional.

The reason for this post is to start a 'journal' of sorts to log my progress. I'm recording a timeline in my notes outside of this board as well which I will post here periodically. Along the way, I'll share observations concerning using the device, mistakes made, lessons learned, etc.

My hope is that by chronicling my treatment using this device that it will help anyone thinking about this course of action. I'm anxiously awaiting the device and ready to get things started!

Wish me luck!  
Age 51 - Peyronies Disease since July 2019. A very angled downward bend at the middle of the shaft with plaque 'bumps' along the muscle line on the underside. Bend is almost 90 degrees when fully erect. Ordering a RestoreX on 9/3/20 and researching/considering VED

bustedchubb

Good luck!! I just started RestoreX treatment for about a 70-80 degree up bend (opposite of yours).  Lets hope our journeys end up with us straight as an arrow or at the very least banannesque... lol
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

CAD

I just finished 12 weeks. I think there has been some improvement but it's slight. Maybe 5 degrees on +-40. I was hoping for 10-15 as advertised in studies.. According to the studies I'm guessing the better improvements were on those with greater curvature. Still some hourglassing but slightly improved. Length seems to be the best improvement. Of course I started all this during active phase maybe one month after I noticed something wasn't right. Had I not started it possibly might have ended up worse....or better. Can't say which way 100%. Some say it can make things worse. I don't feel like it made my condition worse. I'm still staying with the program for at least another month though they say improvements taper down.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

Great plan, longer treatment may show further improvement since you're beginning to respond.  I did notice in their studies better improvement w length than curvature. Log
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

CAD

I'm hoping for further improvement but I was also expecting better results. I'm not giving up though. I might try the shots next but it scares the hell out me from what I've read about it. Surgery?...forgeddabouttit.  

newAgeMan2112

AN UPDATE TO THIS 'JOURNEY' I'M ON

Hello everyone!

Finally received my RestoreX device and I'm ready to get started. I'm a little scared but here we go. (This thing looks like a modern medieval torture device!) Just wanted to check in and let you know where I'm at with all this.

Always hopeful. More info reported soon. 😊
Age 51 - Peyronies Disease since July 2019. A very angled downward bend at the middle of the shaft with plaque 'bumps' along the muscle line on the underside. Bend is almost 90 degrees when fully erect. Ordering a RestoreX on 9/3/20 and researching/considering VED

scronan

Quote from: CAD on September 04, 2020, 09:43:09 PM
I'm hoping for further improvement but I was also expecting better results. I'm not giving up though. I might try the shots next but it scares the hell out me from what I've read about it. Surgery?...forgeddabouttit.

3 weeks out from my first round of Xiaflex and have been using RestoreX daily since. If you find a good Doc, Xiaflex isn't all that bad. Know it's not going to be the most comfortable process, but just take it slow and you should be good.