Xiaflex: Is there a difference btwn dorsal plaque and side plaque

Previous topic - Next topic

norcal1970

Regarding Xiaflex:  In my research I noticed results fluctuated with side plaque vs dorsal plaque.  Side plaque seems to do better.  In fact sometimes dorasal plaque is created or worsened via injections.

I have dorsal plaque.  Are both plaques considered the same?  I also have Dupuryens Contractures in my hands.  I spoke with Old Man and he educated me on the fact that Dupuryrens Contractures is the essentially the same as Peyronies Disease.  One is on the hands, one is one the dick.

So is the hereditary disease (Dupuryrens/Peyronies) type plaque different then the plaque one gets from just breaking your dick F^@$!ng?  My peronies came on slow, a spec of rice, out of nowhere.  I know.... micro fractures could have caused it.

I am just trying to educate myself as much as possible before I put a needle in my dick full of enzymes that could cause worse damage.

Also, my chunk of plaque seems to have migrated from the tip of my dick to more of the middle of the shaft.  Is this just my imagination?  It has not changed in looks, size or shape when erect in over a year.   Still hurts like crap to have a full erection.  That's the worst part, the pain.  I am used to the straight up bend and my orgasms are good so long as I am not fully erect.  Will the pain ever go away?  I am going on two years.

I greatly appreciate any feedback. Not sure if this was the correct area/section to make this post.  THANKS!  -Norcal1970

51 yo, onset late 2018, painful erections lasted 18 months
70 degree upward bend, 50 degrees after 4 rounds/8shots of xiaflex, post xiaflex still hourglass & major girth/length loss
8 shots of xiaflex ended 5/22
restorex 1hr per day + xiaflex

TDix

What degree of curve are you?  Is your scar tissue calcified?  Valid questions as yes, sticking a needle of collagenase in your dick is not something to take lightly.  Trust me
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Hawk

Many of your questions will be answered if you very carefully read this document. ---> https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,3180.0.html

Plaque is scar tissue.  Scar tissue can spread but it does not migrate.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Shane43

I have a dorsal plaque at the base of my penis, causing hourglass indentation and hinging (very little stability when I am hard). It was about 3 cm long, 2 cm wide, hard but not calcified yet. I have had 3 series of Xiaflex, just finished the third. After two series (4 injections on the right side of the plaque) the plague reduced to about 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm and the indentations are smaller. The bruising and pain gets worse with each series, but it is tolerable with ibuprofen and ice the first 1-2 days and heat a few times a day for 1-2 weeks. I will wait to see how things look in a few weeks to see if I will go withe the fourth series (and last one that my insurance will cover). I have read that Xiaflex is not recommended for hourglass indentation, but my urologist said there is simply not enough info to know - the original US FDA approval clinical trials specifically excluded hourglass indents from the trials - so it may or may not work. I have read that XIaflex should not be used for ventral (bottom side) plaques due to the proximity of the urethra. I will update my pervious post in a few weeks.
62YO, hourglass indent/hinging at base 30deg bend up 3cmx2cm hard plaque at dorsal base. No ED. 3 rounds Xiaflex decreased plaque/indent/hinge/bend. 1 year later, penis went from 7.5 to 5.5 in, but only 15 degree bend and no hinging.

norcal1970

I am not taking anything for pain.  It just hurts when fully erect.  I am used to it.  It only takes me few minutes to orgasm since it hardly gets used these days. But when I get a deep sleep erection the pain usually wakes me up.

The plaque is hard so most likely calcified.  It a disc like shape about the size of a penny and 1/8in thick.  The plaque was hard from onset.  My upward dorsal curve is about 45-50 degrees.  

Maybe its just my imagination regarding the location change.    
70 degree upward bend, 50 degrees after 4 rounds/8shots of xiaflex, post xiaflex still hourglass & major girth/length loss

norcal1970

I was planning on waiting until next year to start the injections, considering changing my health bennies to better plan.  

Anyway, how do you know if your plaque is calcified?   I don't want to miss the window of un-calcified plaque injections.    The sooner the better to get xialflex correct?   My plaque and penis have not changed in over 10 months.   My doctor wanted to wait six months to make sure that peyroines plaque is finished forming.  That date has come and gone.

Shane43

My plaque also is very hard and I feared it was calcified, but my urologist said it was not - just based on feel and he injected Xiaflex. If the needle penetrates, I guess it is not calcified. I guess sooner the better is true, but if my insurance was not paying 95% of the cost, I would have waited too. My plaque was more the size of a quarter and 1/4 inch thick, right at the base of the penis with an hourglass indentation just beyond it toward the tip causing hinging. The Xiaflex has reduced the size of the plaque and indentation and now my penis has more of a curve to the right where the bigger indentation is. Unfortunately, the instability/hinging is only a little better.  
62YO, hourglass indent/hinging at base 30deg bend up 3cmx2cm hard plaque at dorsal base. No ED. 3 rounds Xiaflex decreased plaque/indent/hinge/bend. 1 year later, penis went from 7.5 to 5.5 in, but only 15 degree bend and no hinging.

peter123

not indicated doesn't mean not useful. it just means that patients with ventral curvature, hour glassing etc have been excluded form the fda study. there have been newer studies showing that it is useful for other kinds fo deformities including lateral as well.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S009042952030724X
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR REPEATED RULE VIOLATIONS He never had Peyronies Disease but has body dysmorphia and his pastime was to attack all treatments, medical resources, and opinions.

peter123

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR REPEATED RULE VIOLATIONS He never had Peyronies Disease but has body dysmorphia and his pastime was to attack all treatments, medical resources, and opinions.

Hawk

This topic is now locked because it has exceeded the 10 post limit imposed on Introductory Topics.

Please continue to post below on the appropriate boards on the forum
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums