Traction - how long for permanent improvement?

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMathuna

So, after two months of traction, I've had to take a short break because something is wrong with my PMP device and I am not getting proper suction.

They're sending me a new part, but while I wait I'm not doing much traction, and I'm worried about losing progress.

At two months in I had experienced a lot better penile stability (I feel less worried about re-injury during sex), my erect penis feels more pliant, some slight improvements in girth and curve, way less hard-flaccid, and, very recently, a return of penile sensitivity particularly in my glans.

Anyway, since I've stopped about a week ago I feel like some of my plaques feel larger and I'm not feeling the extra sensitivity in my glans much anymore. Maybe the curve is feeling a little more pronounced than it was a few weeks ago.
The penile stability and hard-flaccid are still doing ok.

I also masturbated two days in a row right around when I stopped with traction (I had been masturbating like once a month), so I think that is contributing to the recent exacerbation of plaque.

I'm just wondering how long it takes with traction before improvements will be permanent.

It seems like masturbating always exacerbates my symptoms i.e. penile numbness and plaque size/rigidity. I wonder if I'll ever be able to masturbate without making things worse.

Wondering what other people's experiences are.

THanks
27 yr/o
Symptoms presented August 20, 2019
Slight bend to the left and down
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

peter123

thats the worst. masturbation can become literally impossible  
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR REPEATED RULE VIOLATIONS He never had Peyronies Disease but has body dysmorphia and his pastime was to attack all treatments, medical resources, and opinions.

TonySa

Plaque size doesn't change from day to day due to masturbation or even treatment.  It can increase due to worsening but only decreases w time and treatment.  Improvement from traditional traction takes hundreds of hours.  If it worsens after stopping it's the course of the disease and traction was holding it off—restart ASAP.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

NeoV

Some men get permanent results within a week, some within months. Over masturbation causes more inflammation when you are not straight yet.

TonySa

There is certainly some anecdotal evidence that symptoms can increase and decrease quickly, this is likely an atypical condition such as inflammation without the permanent scarring that occurs w typical Peyronie's.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

bustedchubb

My uro was pretty matter of fact in telling me to take 400-600mg of Ibuprophen after sexual activity of any kind to help stave off inflammation.
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

MacMathuna

@TonySa

I dunno, I've encountered a number of people claiming that their plaques are harder or softer even from day to day as they experiment with different treatments.

When I finish a session of traction, some of my nodule-type plaques are immediately more diffused, softer, or even can't be palpated at all, but they reappear pretty shortly afterwords.

@bustedchubb

I was taking ibuprophen after sex for a while, because I've read on here that it can help. But I've also heard people say it can make it worse? Makes sense that it would help though.
I feel like regular DMSO applications have helped a lot with my inflammation.
27 yr/o
Symptoms presented August 20, 2019
Slight bend to the left and down
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

CAD

Recently I had the thought of adding testosterone therapy to traction. After all, testosterone aids in tissue repair. It might be part of the reason this disease is prevalent at the time of a certain age. I know the most common factors but it seems like it might help. I'm gonna give it a try. This weekend I just finished my 12 weeks with restorex. I'm still using it.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

NeoV

There was just a study last year (or recently) stating that testosterone status was not associated with Peyronie's. Worth reading it though and sure, may help. I would stick to other stuff though.