Best surgery for my case?/ Suggestion Please

Previous topic - Next topic

James1

So I have two scar tissue on the right/left side of my peins.

And 15-20 upward curve. I convinced my self to do Plication Surgery because I have enough for the pain in the scar tissue! Even I can't sleep on the right/left side because the Scar tissue will cause a lot of pain.

I have some questions;

1-If they remove the Scar tissue will the pain go away after the surgery?

2- will I lose length?

3- will erection be improved? I mean my erection is ok but not strong like before, but I fell if remove the scar tissue I will have a better erection right?

3- Any suggestions for my case.  

TDix

Excision surgery is risky especially if surgeon isn't top quality.  I had it done and unfortunately I lost rigidity after the graft, and that was with an experienced surgeon.  Sometimes your body just doesn't cooperate.
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

TDix

Plication does not remove any scar tissue.  Basically they stitch the side opposite your curve to straighten you out

James1

So what is the best surgery to remove scar tissue?

TDix

The only surgery to remove scar tissue is excision and grafting, which I had done.  If you are older a doctor more than likely won't do it, but if you are young you may be able to have a successful surgery.  It is a risky surgery since they have to move the neurovascular bundle from the penis to access the scar tissue, and anytime you mess with the nerves there is a chance you can lose your ability to get an erection.  That didn't happen to me, but I lost the hardness of my previous erection past the place where the graft was.  That is why I have an implant now

James1

Quote from: TDix on August 18, 2020, 01:56:42 AM
The only surgery to remove scar tissue is excision and grafting, which I had done.  If you are older a doctor more than likely won't do it, but if you are young you may be able to have a successful surgery.  It is a risky surgery since they have to move the neurovascular bundle from the penis to access the scar tissue, and anytime you mess with the nerves there is a chance you can lose your ability to get an erection.  That didn't happen to me, but I lost the hardness of my previous erection past the place where the graft was.  That is why I have an implant now

Thank you for your reply

How many CM did you lose when you did excision and grafting?

Thanks  

TDix

I did not lose any length.  In fact I gained a few cm that I lost due to Peyronies.  Also, as far as getting rid of pain, if you have extensive scarring they will not remove all of it as that would be too much of a defect to patch.  Pain will go away but you will still have that uncomfortable feeling like you have loose rocks in your dick.

TonySa

James, how long have you had Peyronies Disease? Usually the pain goes away within the first few weeks or months.  Surgery isn't even an option until you're in the stable phase as it can continue to worsen even if you've had the surgery.  Meanwhile, you can take Ibuprofen (or other NSAID) tabs and/or voltaren gel on the penis.  Be sure to read the survival guide here:  https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,3180.msg44057.html#msg44057
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

James1

I have it for 2 years

The pain goes away and comes back...

I think I am in a stable stage because the curvature didn't get worse.

I took Ibuprofen and it won't help ...

I think I have a different cases the pain won't go away unless I do surgery.

How do I know if I am in the phase stable ?

James1

Quote from: TDix on August 18, 2020, 02:52:15 AM
I did not lose any length.  In fact I gained a few cm that I lost due to Peyronies.  Also, as far as getting rid of pain, if you have extensive scarring they will not remove all of it as that would be too much of a defect to patch.  Pain will go away but you will still have that uncomfortable feeling like you have loose rocks in your dick.

Can you please tell me if you were facing pain in the scar tissue/or your dick , and the pain went away after the surgery? Right  

peter123

Quote from: TDix on August 18, 2020, 01:56:42 AM

so what if the scar is purely lateral meaning only on the side of the shaft? they wouldn't have to move the bundle at all in my case for example since its just a ring on the side. of course losing hardness is still a possibility. a true nightmare as an implant is not an option in your early twenties for obvious reasons
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR REPEATED RULE VIOLATIONS He never had Peyronies Disease but has body dysmorphia and his pastime was to attack all treatments, medical resources, and opinions.

TDix

An implant is always an option.  Regardless of where your scarring is they have to deglove you and move the nerve bundle.  Like I said it is an invasive surgery.  Way more than an implant.  Pain, I wouldn't really call it pain, more like a irritable uncomfortable feeling where the calcified scars were

TonySa

Why not just treat the pain w a NSAID like ibuprofen tabs or generic voltaren gel applied directly to the painful side of the penis.  Some of the most effective treatments are quite simple.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.