human dermis tissue graft

Previous topic - Next topic

fubar

This morning I received a message from www.urotoday.com. It read the first use of human dermis tissue in Peyronie's disease management. It seems that five men had an operation with grafting of human dermis tissue and the outcome was 100% successful in penile straighting. Two of the five also had plication along with human dermis grafting. There was no mention of retaining penis size only that after a month these guys had no problem with sexual function.It was also mentioned that there would have to be more procedures done  in the future to determined outcome.This was done in Athens Greece,  with screened human donations.I must say I do find that people working at acellular level interisting and their first surgeries outcome sounds promising.Who knows maybe there will be something simpler down the road.

Sounds kind of creepy but people do donate their organs to science,  really makes you wonder how far man will go and how far science and technology will thrive even after were all gone.

Fubar

MikeSmith0

Was this tutoplast?  I think doctors in the US are also using this commonly.  The tissue is donated by people, but it goes through extensive processing to be used on another person w/o rejection or transfer of any kind of disease.

Other doctors are pessimistic about excision and grafting altogether because you can feel the grafts, and scar tissue around them leads to shortening...regardless of what you use in the graft.  So, they try to "incise" the scar tissue to free it up -- but all of this can re-scar...IMO, a man with a very large penis w/ severe curve is probably a better candidate... since there would be more left at the end.