PMP Suction Problem / Sluice

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMathuna

Ok, so I made a post recently about not being able to maintain good section with the PMP.

I really thought it was because I had damaged part of the rotary valve, but I've ordered a new rotary valve, and the problem is persisting.

Has anyone had issues like this?

I'm wondering if it might just be that my sluices and or diagrams are too degraded and I need to buy more. I've been using the PMP for 2 months, usually 3-4 hours a day, but sometimes as many as 6, and I've mostly just been using the two medium/yellow sluices that came with the PMP.

Have ya'll found that the suction gets worse if you don't change out the sluices after a while?
27 yr/o
Symptoms presented August 20, 2019
Slight bend to the left and down
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

MacMathuna

Ok, so it's not the sluice. I'm bummed, cause I already ordered a bunch of new sluices and diaphragms +shipping.

ANYWAY, I emailed the PMP manufacturer, and they had me do a test where I inflated the PMP glans chamber with air while sealed so that the diaphragm bulges out, and then I put the whole glans chamber in water and look to see where air bubbles come out.
The bubbles come out where the rotary valve abuts the glans chamber.
So, I've definitely got a leak there, and its not because of degrades sluices.

BUT I had already ordered a new rotary valve, and the problem persists. So it must be something is wrong with the glans chamber itself.
But there's nothing visually wrong with it. I just don't effing understand.
A new glans chamber is $150. :(
I don't want to have to ship it to Germany and not be able to use it for a while, when they might not even decide that the warranty covers it. :(

I can use it SOME right now, but I just have to reattach it like every 5 minutes. It's better than nothing.

27 yr/o
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

TonySa

Th hey aren't providing any warranty?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

MacMathuna

Ok, so as of this morning MSP Concept is sending me a new glans chamber.

I had read under their warranty that it doesn't cover "normal wear and tear", which was baffling to me, because what else is a warranty for? I'm not sure what that means though, because they ARE replacing the part. I am very relieved.

I was also concerned that I would have to send the broken part in before they would replace it (that's what it says on the warranty page), and so I would be set back a few weeks on my traction. But they're not making me do this, so that's great!

It's possible that I panicked prematurely.  
27 yr/o
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

jizzstain

Hi. I had exactly the same problem. It's not the valve nor the latex membrane. It's the suction cup itself, the seam around the suction cup. The seam has microscopic holes in it which pass air through. The problem is easy to fix: just super glue the seam all around and thats it :)
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions