Does anybody here had surgery with Dr Egydio?

Previous topic - Next topic

Tortão Pra Direita

So, I'm willing to go to São Paulo to consult with him. Probably my case needs surgery. I don't want to expend money to go there just to know I need surgery and I can't afford it. I need to have a basis. In average, how much he charges for a surgery? I know it varies depending on the case, but probably I just need a surgery to correct a 45º degree.

If you had surgery with him or know somebody that had, please let me know about prices. Thanks!
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 TEP + Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

Surgery done by Dr. Marco Tulio Cavalcanti, in São Paulo.

P1992

hi bro

I went by him in 2017 for a consultation and at the time I had a diagnosis for implantation of a malleable penile prosthesis and the cost  for the surgery was R $ 60,000, (surgeon + anesthesiologist + assistant doctor + medical instructor) plus R $ 4,000 of the hospital cost where the surgery would be performed and another R $ 4,700.00 of prostheses, and the surgery payment could be made with 70, 50 or 30% of the cash value (TED) and the remainder of the installment in 5x on the card credit. The Hospital's payment condition was 3 checks or 3x on the credit card, whereas the prostheses payment was in cash via credit, debit or TED.

There is contact on his website and I think you can get more information about this, updated in the case.

good luck
54 years, self-induced peyronie
Upward curvature ~40º-50º, narrowing and retraction in flaccid and erect. Multiple plaques, loss of sensitivity, pain sometimes in a flaccid state and always on erection, axial instability and erectile dysfunction

Tortão Pra Direita

Wow, thanks for your detailed reply, P1992!
It's expensive but he's the best in his area, so I think it's worth it.

How did your procedure go? Everything went well?  
1993 born. Brazil.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.

P1992

You are welcome, friend. No, I did not have the surgery at the time because I still had hope of improving the problem and also because I would not put on a semi-rigid (malleable) prosthesis, in case I decided to do it, but I would choose an inflatable one.

I am currently evaluating this possibility, but I have no idea how much the procedure for this surgery, the prostheses and what types or models he uses.

hug
Upward curvature ~40º-50º, narrowing and retraction in flaccid and erect. Multiple plaques, loss of sensitivity, pain sometimes in a flaccid state and always on erection, axial instability and erectile dysfunction

Hawk

I know some people praise him BUT I am very skeptical.  The reason is that the cost seems outrageous  It is triple what Dr. Eid or Kramer who are the best in the U.S. charge for a 3 piece inflatable implant.

The other thing is I would have very little confidence that a truly great doctor would ever  recommend a manipulable implant.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

P1992

I think the same way as you hawk. I did not feel comfortable and confident with him, and, despite his diagnosis being surgery I have not yet decided on it, as I still have erections (although increasingly difficult), despite having other symptoms of the disease

Tortão Pra Direita

Quote from: Hawk on August 16, 2020, 01:55:49 PM
I know some people praise him BUT I am very skeptical.  The reason is that the cost seems outrageous  It is triple what Dr. Eid or Kramer who are the best in the U.S. charge for a 3 piece inflatable implant.

The other thing is I would have very little confidence that a truly great doctor would ever  recommend a manipulable implant.

Do you know how much they charge for a reconstruction surgery without an implant?
Unfortunately, dollar is way too pricey. Our currency (Real) is very depreciated (time for you, gringos, come have a surgery here in Brazil, lol).

What I like about Egydio is that he says he doesn't use grafting and his surgery doesn't shorten the penis - it actually restores the original lenght and girth.
This is what he talks about in his videos. Should I trust him? Well, he seems a very knowdgeable doctor. He won a "survivor debate" among another 3 urologists, organized by the American Urological Association (AUA19).
https://www.auadailynews.org/survivor-debate-ipp-with-degloving-preferred-treatment-in-difficult-case-of-penile-shortening-deformity/

So yea, he seems very legit to me. Maybe I'm a bit biased, cause I love to hear that it's possible to get some of my original penis back.
1993 born. Brazil.

bricedu13

I too would like to know more about the techniques of this surgeon, because I am very interested in his technique which allows to lengthen the short side.

Tortão Pra Direita

His technique is now "Egydio Technique 2.0", a better version of his first. Now he doesn't use grafting.
If you are dealing with ED, then probably he's gonna use the Multiple-Slit Technique (MUST). As far as I know, this technique is similar to Egydio Technique 2.0, but a prothesis is inserted in your penis.

Take a look:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29275049/
This study was done by Egydio and Kuehhas.

"In Peyronies Disease cases, the mean deviation of the penile axis was 55° (range = 0-90°). Mean subjective penile length loss reported was 3.2 cm (range = 1-5 cm), and shaft constriction was present in 44.9%. Median follow-up was 15.2 months (range = 6-36 months). Mean penile length gain was 3.1 cm (range = 2-5 cm)."
1993 born. Brazil.

bricedu13

Quote from: Tortão Pra Direita on August 24, 2020, 06:05:42 PM
His technique is now "Egydio Technique 2.0", a better version of his first. Now he doesn't use grafting.
If you are dealing with Erectile Dysfunction, then probably he's gonna use the Multiple-Slit Technique (MUST). As far as I know, this technique is similar to Egydio Technique 2.0, but a prothesis is inserted in your penis.

Take a look:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29275049/
This study was done by Egydio and Kuehhas.

"In Peyronies Disease cases, the mean deviation of the penile axis was 55° (range = 0-90°). Mean subjective penile length loss reported was 3.2 cm (range = 1-5 cm), and shaft constriction was present in 44.9%. Median follow-up was 15.2 months (range = 6-36 months). Mean penile length gain was 3.1 cm (range = 2-5 cm)."

I have a congenital curvature