Using Cock Rings when doing traction or VED therapy.

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Man

This topic is being posted after I have received many PMs and Posts about using cock rings. Many members are using cock rings with their traction devices as well as VEDs as reported by posts in topics/threads on the home page index.

PLEASE NOTE: BASED ON MY MANY YEARS OF VED USE AND BEING ASKED ABOUT APPLYING A COCK WHILE PUMPING VACUUM THEY DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT, REPEAT SHOULD NOT BE USED.

NOW, BASED ON MY RESEARCH AND READING POSTS FROM MEMBERS USING TRACTION DEVICES, I ALSO STATE THAT COCK RINGS SHOULD NOT BE USED WITH THEM AS WELL.

The above observations are based on the fact that cock rings acts just like a tourniquet to ones penis. This puts much stress on ones penis. Both traction and VED usage relies on the amount of vacuum or tension used to stretch ones erectile tissue. Using an amount of vacuum as well as applying too much tension can and will cause damage to an already injured penis.

Accordingly, I highly recommend that cock rings NOT BE USED during VED or Traction therapy.

Old Man

Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Hawk

Thank you Old Man.  I could not agree more.
If anyone is using a cocking with traction it is just plain crazy.

A cock ring applies some trauma to an erect penis.  The Vacurect are probably the least traumatic but even then they should not be used as Old man says for VED therapy.  They should only be used for intercourse when you cannot get an adequate erection.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Monty

Hi, just like to add, i was having problems with the Soma 'C' cylinder, i contacted the supplier "iMEdicare" and they arranged for the area manger to come and due a house visit, pumping up no problem but getting a cock ring on without loosing erection was difficult, he suggested that after a session i slip on a cock ring, then the cylinder over, pump up as normal, release vacuum and yes it hold more erection.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

Hawk

Monty are you talking about stretch type/rubber-band like rings to hold an erection?  Why would you ever do that to inflate and deflate as you do several time during therapy?

Monty

Hi Hawk, i use the Soma maintenance rings, medium tension size "Z" which was recommended by the area manager.
i can see your point that you could soon get into danger if used incorrectly.

i have a iMEdicare demonstration summary sheet, this also states you "Two Rings Simultaneously, each ring applied separately with a of 2nd ring additional pumping before application.

but to be safe i go along with your reasons.
71 UK, ED from 2011, unable to get full erection, Peyronies Disease from  2015 acute bend to left, VED & hand traction + 20mg of Tadalafil twice a week, or when i'm feeling lucky, forum member November 2017. Fav Film&Song, TheGoodTheBadThe Ugly. A Day in the Life

Hawk

Monty,

Rings are to maintain an erection after removing the VED.  That is something you do for sex and NOT therapy.  As Old Man stated that has NO place in therapy.

When using a VED for therapy it involves pumping up a modestly firm erection, holding (per protocol) then releasing the vacuum, allowing the erection to mostly subside and pumping again.  A ring totally prevents that.  That is bad for two reasons.  The band causes some trauma to a penis known to react badly to trauma AND it traps blood in the penis which loses oxygen.  The point is to stretch the penis repeatedly with fresh oxygenated blood.

Monty

Hi, you are correct as normal, my problem was that the 'C' cylinder was marking my penis, do to the seal is designed for use with the 'B' cylinder, the rep then suggested trying the XL cylinder, which worked a treat, yes he fitted the ring onto the cylinder, when through a pumping session then trying to slip the ring over the end, we had to release some vacuum to allow the ring to fit, that's when i lost some erection, so he then suggested fit the 2nd ring onto the cylinder, pump up and slide the 2nd ring on, which worked in a fashion, what i do now is have a 15 minute session, remove cylinder, fit ring and re pump up, works great.

Hawk

Monty,  I think I give up.  I still have no clue what the ring is for.  You should:

1. pump an erection -
2. hold that erection in the cylinder for a few minutes
3. release vacuum and let the erection deflate somewhat for a couple minutes
4. Start over at #1 and repeat.

You don't need a ring and don't even need to remove your penis from the VED

I said a "few minutes" because I do not have the protocol times in front of me. USE THE PROTOCOL TIMES

Monty

HI, 2 more question on cock rings.
1, what's the max length of time should you wear a cock ring.
2, how soon after removing your cock ring can you refit and go again.

think it could be one of them questions, you read from different sauces from 10 minutes to 2 hours, how does one judge.

Hawk

Generally 30min -60min

The danger is that a ring or band functions as a tourniquet.  From the moment you place a ring on your penis oxygen depleted blood cannot flow out the veins so no oxygen rich blood can enter the penis.  The result is a noticeable darkening of the penis and the Glans getting cold. Confining cold, oxygen depleted blood, to the penis doesn't help the penis in any way.  Add to that any trauma from the band, its application or removal cause.

Judging just on the blood and tissue, if we disregard any trauma from the band, all you have to do is remove the ring, deflate and inflate.  If you repeat that by deflating and inflating one more time you should be able to cycle the band again IF you are unconcerned about trauma from the band/ring.