"Cracking" sound/sensation in base of penis during erection?

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan74

Ok, so here's a summarized version of what happened:
1. Tried to test my erection tonight (no masturbation or touching, just seeing if I can get erect without touching)
2. Was able to get an erection
3. While absentmindedly flexing the pubic muscle/doing kegels (making the erection move without touching it), I hear and feel a slight popping/cracking noise in the base of my penis, like something has shifted a fraction of a millimeter.
Note that there is NO pain when this happens. It pretty much looks and feels like a very muted version of when you crack your knuckles.
4. Despite the lack of pain, I do have a mini panic attack and lose the erection pretty much instantly, though I don't know if that is physical or psychological given the thoughts and adrenaline rushing through me.
5. I start googling the hell out of penile fractures to see if I am screwed.

So it does seem like most penile fractures are accompanied by obvious intense pain, discoloration, and swelling, and I have none of that; the only real "symptom" right now is my inability to get an erection but psychologically I'm so tense right now that I wouldn't have been able to get one anyway, so I have no idea.
Anyway, I wanted to ask if this has happened to anyone else (having that "cracking" feeling in the penis- no external pressure, no mid-action injuries- while just simply being erect and flexing the pubic/kegel muscles absentmindedly), and want to know how screwed I should be.

Thanks.
Late twenties, symptoms started late July. Current status: Confirmed "Mild" case, curvature 20-25 degrees. Significant hourglassing at base

TonySa

I don't see how you could have fracture your penis without a force being applied.  I doubt it's anything serious...just keep an eye on it.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

doobie3

@Tristan74

I also recall feeling a 'shift' near the base of my penis a couple of times when getting erect. I was terrified too but I noticed nothing different in future erections. I didn't hear anything though, just felt a shift. How loud was the crack and are you sure it wasn't any other joint which happened to crack at around the same time?
22 yrs old - first noticed peyronies in June 2018, 30-35 degree curve, April 2020 - Consulted Dr. Ronald Suh - Advised against Xiaflex - Currently using Restorex Device

Tristan74

Morning update: No visible pain, swelling, or discoloration and no symptoms (well, aside from the original Peyronie's related stuff that was there before). Having said that the advice nurse I called did let me know that I should make a Uro appointment just in case.
Late twenties, symptoms started late July. Current status: Confirmed "Mild" case, curvature 20-25 degrees. Significant hourglassing at base

Mandem29

Hey bro, what happened? Did it turn out to be an actual fracture or minor tear?  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions