Can I use minoxidil for hair loss?

Previous topic - Next topic

Graggaxy

I'm 23 yrs old and don't want my peyronies to get worse. I also want to save my hair. Can I use topical minoxidil on my hairline and crown? I won't take finasteride because that would seem like a dumb idea regarding my condition, but minoxidil?
Replace this text with critical info about your case
such as age
first symptoms (deformity, Erectile Dysfunction)
official diagnosis
treatments tried
relationship status
Etc

Graggaxy

can I ? or would minoxidil possibly make my peyronies worse?
such as age
official diagnosis
treatments tried
relationship status
Etc

TonySa

Haven't heard it has any impact on ED, just avoid finesteride.  A pharmacist or google can tell you all side effects known.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

peter123

Minoxidil is a calcium channel blocker just like verapamil so it probably won't make it worse, MA, be improve if taken orally  
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR REPEATED RULE VIOLATIONS He never had Peyronies Disease but has body dysmorphia and his pastime was to attack all treatments, medical resources, and opinions.

Graggaxy

Quote from: TonySa on August 06, 2020, 09:11:24 PM
Haven't heard it has any impact on Erectile Dysfunction, just avoid finesteride.  A pharmacist or google can tell you all side effects known.

Ok thanks. I was just wondering bc I read somewhere that minoxidil may be anti-androgenic  
such as age
official diagnosis
treatments tried
relationship status
Etc

Graggaxy

Anyone else who can chime in? I really need to know if I can start using this. I really wanna try it out, I think it would give me some quality of life back, but I really don't want to worsen my peyronies. What do you think? Is it safe to apply it topically on your scalp in our case?
such as age
official diagnosis
treatments tried
relationship status
Etc

peter123

Yes it's safe. Im doing it for, years
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR REPEATED RULE VIOLATIONS He never had Peyronies Disease but has body dysmorphia and his pastime was to attack all treatments, medical resources, and opinions.

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Graggaxy

such as age
official diagnosis
treatments tried
relationship status
Etc

peter123

finasteride sides might be the most overhyped topic on the internet. I think many people online want guys especially young ones to go bald and have their entire appearance and confidence ruined. it gives them some kind of kick apparantly. so these folks poorly educated on the matter edge others into fear over the dangers of fin. the scientific community would consider it rape fo their profession when someone says "fin is associated with peyronies" because there is zero evidence of this being the case.

the height of this debate is people who are either old or have zero hair loss educating those who do, having zero understanding of the pain involved. makes me mad seriously

Graggaxy

Quote from: peter123 on August 14, 2020, 11:00:57 AM
finasteride sides might be the most overhyped topic on the internet. I think many people online want guys especially young ones to go bald and have their entire appearance and confidence ruined. it gives them some kind of kick apparantly. so these folks poorly educated on the matter edge others into fear over the dangers of fin. the scientific community would consider it rape fo their profession when someone says "fin is associated with peyronies" because there is zero evidence of this being the case.

the height of this debate is people who are either old or have zero hair loss educating those who do, having zero understanding of the pain involved. makes me mad seriously

Are you taking fin? I know there is no association but isn't it acknowledged that fin isn't great for penile health and thus it could make it unsuitable for Peyronie's sufferers?
such as age
official diagnosis
treatments tried
relationship status
Etc

TonySa

Grag, I would def start w minoxidil over finisterade.  But the article spells out risk considerations for both.

Graggaxy

Quote from: peter123 on August 12, 2020, 09:31:47 PM
Yes it's safe. Im doing it for, years

I'll start tonight. You don't feel like it had any impact on your peyronies?
such as age
official diagnosis
treatments tried
relationship status
Etc

peter123

Graggaxy

Quote from: peter123 on August 21, 2020, 06:11:49 PM
Of course not

So you're on fin and minoxidil without any worsening of your peyronies?
such as age
official diagnosis
treatments tried
relationship status
Etc

peter123

Just on minoxidil and if anything that'll help with peyronies as it's a calcium channel blocker just like verapamil which has been shown to help with peyronies. But it's won't go very much systemic anyway. With fin it's probably not a Greta idea in the active phase at least