Congenital Curvature - Surgery with Dr Levine

Previous topic - Next topic

CongenitalCurve

I am new to the forum and I have found it very helpful.  I would like to help others with this condition so I thought I would begin posting....

I have been curved to my right about 30-40 degrees ever since I can remember and it has caused many problems for me in my life.  Every time I have sex with someone new I have to hide my erection for fear of having to explain and of being rejected - this happened once and it was awful.   I have been able to have intercourse and have no pain, and only a couple of women have told me it caused them any discomfort, but the anxiety has led to poor performance, loss of erection, and great stress.  Even during very long relationships with women I loved and trusted, with everything talked about and in the open, I was still embarrassed to have them see my erection.  This problem has also made me feel inferior in general and has led to confidence issues in other areas of my life as well.  

About 18 years ago I went to a urologist for something else and I casually asked the doctor about the curvature and he said that if I was able to have sex and it was good for both partners then it was better not to mess around with it.  He had never seen me when erect, but it seemed like good advice and actually it still does, but finally the psychological issues are outweighing my fear of surgery.  When I discovered this forum and learned of Dr Lue and Dr Levine and the success they have had in correcting this, I was very surprised and happy to have some options.

According to Dr Levine who will be performing a modified Nesbit procedure called a TAP (Tunica Albuginea Plication), my condition....less than 40 deg, congenital with little to no plaque, good length and elasticity, lateral curvature (no need to mobilize the neurovascular bundle)....has one of the best chances for complete straightening with shortening of only 0.5cm or possibly no loss of length whatsoever.   Needless to say I almost cried.  The thought that I could actually correct this after all these years blew me away.   I know there will be some scarring and the sutures will be palpable when flaccid, but over time I am told that when erect the sutures will be almost undetectable

My surgery with Dr Levine is scheduled for December 2010 and I am both nervous and excited with anticipation.  I will post more on this and my recovery and results.   If anyone wants more information or needs someone to lean on feel free to send a message.  I do not log in often, but I will respond.  During my recovery I will be posting often to provide a record for others contemplating surgery.

Oh yeah....I am aware that even if the surgery is a complete success it will not erase the psychological problems that this condition may or may not have caused........but I think it will be a good start.  I will probably still be scared to show my erection to a woman, particularly the first time after the surgery, but I am sure it will not be as difficult as it has been with the curvature.   I can't wait.  I will feel like a new man.

LWillisjr

What a great story, and thanks for posting this. I too hope your story will be an encouragement to others. I just had my 2 year post surgery followup with Levine last week. I too am grateful for finding him and my positive outcome.

I think you will be proud to show off you new tool post surgery. Keep us updated.

Les
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

CongenitalCurve

Quick update:  Having the surgery in a few days - very scared.  Never had surgery before so I do not know first hand what to expect in terms of pain and recovery, getting back to work, etc.  Add to that the nature of this particular surgery and it's no wonder that I can't sleep.   I am also concerned since I cannot seem to stop smoking.   Not a good idea I know, but at this point, so close to surgery, I do not know if I should even try as it would wreak havoc with my respiratory system causing congestion and blood chemistry changes as well.  I am sure I will cut back now and even more after the surgery, but as important as it is, it will be difficult.   I have always been naturally healthy despite a few bad habits.  I am rarely sick (every 8 years or so I might get a cold or flu) and I have never taken any medications (except for antibiotics or pain killers for some isolated illnesses/injuries), so I am hoping that my solid constitution will assure a smooth operation and an uneventful recovery.

I am trying to take this in stride, telling myself that it's just a simple out patient procedure. "I'll be a little sore and tired, but I'll work through it in a few days and be back to normal."  Yeah right.   I expect the surgery recovery to be quite difficult and painful for weeks if not months.   The only thing that is getting me through this stress is the hope of a successful outcome and what this will do for my self confidence, sex life and quality of life in general.   ....But I am still scared.

I will be posting more frequently during my recovery for those that are interested.  I was glad to find a few posts about surgery on this forum that led me to this point, but I wished there were more.  I think that anyone undergoing these procedures should get online and post their stories.  If you need a dentist, an internist, a dermatologist, etc., you can ask friends and family for referrals, but this is the only place to go if you have this condition.   I feel obligated to leave a record for others.   If anyone has any questions about anything at all, just ask.

CongenitalCurve

Just got home from surgery.  I was very scared going in - first time for any surgery.  Didn't see Dr. Levine afterwards, but I guess he said to my friend who signed me out that I am now "ring-toss straight."  Wrapped up in COBAN dressing but looks great and I feel great.  Drove myself home!  Know the pain will set in later or tomorrow.  Can't write more now - not 'cause I feel bad but because I feel euphoric and can't sit still!!!

Will post full details soon and full progress of recovery.  Thanks to all for the support and interest.  Could not have done this without this forum.   To the operators of this site - THANK YOU for this valueable resource.

LWillisjr

Thanks for checking back in with us. Yes keep us updated on progress. Very happy for you at this point.

Les
My History

CongenitalCurve

Going on third day post-op.  Taking off the coban dressing later today and I am supposed to be able to shower.  The dressing is wrapped very tightly and with the swelling it has been kind of like walking around with a 3/4 erection, but without any feeling.  The entire shaft is wrapped but the head is exposed and it is very swollen.  There is a lot of bruising - dark purple and red expanding up from the underside of the head and the top portion of my scrotum is a big purple bruise as well.   (Sorry for the gross detail, but I thought others considering this surgery might like to know what to expect and hear about it as I am going through it.  If inappropriate or no one wants to hear, let me know.)

I have heard it can be difficult to pee with all the swelling, but so far I have been able to go.  I have had to sit down because I have no control over the direction of the spray which changes direction midstream and comes out like a thumb over a garden hose.  Pain has not been an issue.  I still feel almost completely numb although the tip is a little irritated and sensitive and I am beginning to feel an occasional itchiness from the stitches.   For brief moments I might feel a general soreness or tightness, as if a few nerve endings are waking up. There was some blood seepage during the first several hours after surgery, but nothing significant.  I noticed a slight residual curvature, but I figured this was due to swelling and would correct itself during healing.  When I called and asked the doctors assistant she said this and all of my symptoms were normal.  

I am excited about getting this dressing off as it is very constricting, but I am a bit apprehensive.  I am a little afraid of what it is going to look like, but mostly I want to make sure I can keep it from getting bumped, irritated or infected.  I will be lightly wrapping with gauze and trying to take it easy at work.   I will keep you updated.    

CongenitalCurve

Took the coban dressing off today.  I was told there would be a yellowish dressing under the coban but it was not what I expected.  I couldn't tell at first that it was there as it looked like a ring of crusted blood and pus and it was indented making a slight hourglass shape.  I was finally able to see that it was a tightly wrapped strip, but I had trouble finding an edge to begin unwrapping.  I finally managed to find a corner and coax it off. The incision did not look as bad as I expected.

Part of the incision about a quarter of the way around and one spot on the other side was seeping blood and one drop fell on the floor.  Because of the blood I was concerned about showering and putting on the bacitracin ointment as recommended by the doctor.   I called his answering service and he returned my call.  Dr Levine was very kind on the phone despite being disturbed on a Sunday.  He said it sounded fine and told me to proceed.  I took a shower - extremely carefully.  Wow, that felt good after three days!  After drying I put the ointment on and lightly wrapped it with gauze.  It is still seeping a little blood on the gauze, but not soaking or dripping at all.   I probably did not need to call the doctor, but hey, this is my first surgery and I am taking no chances.

With the tight coban dressing I had been hanging down about 4.5 to 5 inches and it felt semi-erect.  Now, with the constriction gone, the swelling of the head has reduced slightly and it is slowly returning to a more normal flaccid length.   I was surprised to see that the dark purple bruising which I was seeing from the top of the coban to the tip of the head did not continue down the shaft.  All of the bruising is above the incision line (except as previously mentioned on the scrotum).    The best thing is that the pressure of the tight dressing is gone.  About an hour after removing it and showering I feel much better and it looks relatively clean.   I feel pretty well.

I know that I will not be able to tell how successful this was until I start having erections (I am in no hurry for that pain), and I know that when flaccid it is still likely to look curved, but it looks more curved than I expected at this point.  The head is still pointing to the right as it did before - maybe a little worse, but I am hoping that as it heals this will improve.  I am still very confident and I trust Dr Levine, so I am trying to have faith that it will be straight when erect and that is what is most important.

I have never had surgery before but I have seen incisions and I am happy to say it looks pretty good and clean.  I cannot really feel the plication sutures with my fingers yet, but again this is probably because of swelling.   I am happy to report a normal recovery so far and I am hoping for the best.

CongenitalCurve

Day 4 post-op:

First day back at work...a desk job mostly, no heavy lifting.  Wore regular underwear and jeans for the first time since surgery.  With the coban off the swelling has reduced so it was easier to wear regular clothes.  I have been wrapping loosely with gauze to protect and this evening when I took the gauze off I noticed that I am still seeping blood.  I also see some black areas of skin in a couple of spots along the incision line extending away from it about 1/8 inch.  Getting paranoid about necrosis (I know that is overreacting - probably just bruising).   I am keeping a close eye on it though, just in case.  

This morning I awoke with a semi-erection (barely), to be relieved by my morning pee.  There was some pain when semi-hard but it went away quickly once I relieved myself and started moving around.  The best thing was that even though I was still wrapped in the gauze, my penis definitely looked straight.  Not quite perfectly straight, but close.  It was not a full erection though - not "standing up" hard just that "good morning I have to pee" kind of hard - so I am confident it will be even more straight when I begin having full erections.

I also notice that I have already regained some sensitivity in the glans!  The tip is no longer completely numb and I am noticing more feeling in the shaft now too, but still no feeling close to the incision.  That is fine, since I did not expect ANY sensation to return so soon.  I have read that the area from the incision (around the circumcision scar) to the tip of the glans on the underside is most susceptible to permanent loss or greatly reduced sensitivity.   That happened to be my most sensitive spot and it was a tough choice to have the surgery knowing this.   I hope that my progress so far is a good sign and that over the next year sensitivity will return to that area as it has with others who have had this procedure with Dr. Levine. Since it was lateral curvature with no mobilization of the neuro-vascular bundle required I am optimistic.

Happy also to report that I am finally able to pee standing up again.  The stream is flowing with almost no restriction now and is coming out straight so I don't have to worry about watering the floor any more!

I will continue to post any and all observations and changes as they happen.  This will include all of my overreactions and paranoid fears in addition to objective physical observations, since I would like people to be able to share the experience and learn from it, not just read the outcome.  If anyone has any input or notices that I am failing to report on anything that might be of interest to future readers, please let me know.

CongenitalCurve

I can't believe it has been a week since the surgery.  The head of my penis is completely back to normal size with no swelling and the bruising on the lower part of the head is receding.  The shaft is still a little swollen but getting better.  It is certainly not yet back to normal flaccid size.  I can now feel, but not see, some of the internal sutures.   My morning semi-erections are still coming and a bit painful.  I am still keeping it wrapped to protect the incision, but when erect it looks almost perfectly straight.  

One thing that concerns me a bit is that my penis seems to have a twist so that the head looks tilted.  Insted of the top being at 12 o'clock, it is more like 10:30, about 45 degrees counter clockwise when viewed from the front.   Before the surgery I noticed that when I forced it straight with my hand it looked a little twisted, so I mentioned this to the doctor's assistant on a phone call, and she said the doctor would see this and make corrections to make it straight during the surgery.  I also mentioned this to the doctor immediately before going under the knife, and he told me that he could not fix a twist.   I understood and was not going to let that stop me from having the procedure.  Now, post surgery, the twist looks worse. When flaccid it looks like the head is completely sideways and when semi-erect it looks a little better, as I said about 45 degrees.   This is definitely disappointing, but it is not the doctor's fault and I am still happy with the outcome so far. I think the twist was somewhat masked before due to the curvature.  I hope there is some way to lessen the twist when I begin stretching, but I doubt it.  I suppose I would much rather be straight with a twist than curved with no twist.  I think it will be much easier to live with.

It is amazing to me how much sensitivity has come back already.  The shaft seems to have full sensitivity from the base all the way up to the incision - right up to the edge of it!  The glans is almost fully awake as well, maybe 95%.  The only place I am still completely numb is the 1/4" from the incision up to the tip on the underside.  As I have mentioned before this was my single most sensitive spot before surgery.  I hope it comes back, but even if it does not, I am glad I went through with the correction.   I think I will still be able to reach orgasm and maybe I'll have more stamina in the first round than I had before!  I just hope the twist doesn't turn out to be too bad.  I don't want to go from the frying pan into the fire.   I figure I was prepared to correct the curve no matter what.  I was willing to risk ED and who knows what else.  If I end up straight and functional I will be very satisfied.  It is just that in my case this was mostly a cosmetic surgery for psychological reasons, and to end up with another kind of deformity (although to me a somewhat lesser one) is kind of a let down.  

Please don't think I am unhappy or being too picky.  I know there are many men out there with much worse cases, with pain, inability to have intercourse, etc., who would love to have only a little twist to worry about.  I am truly grateful for the lack of severity and the congenital nature of my curvature plus the fact that I seem to have had a very successful operation.  Still this has caused psychological problems for me all my life and while I did not expect to come out perfect (what does that mean anyway?), I guess I was caught off guard with a 45 degree twist.  For those with more serious physical conditions, please know that I understand how lucky I am to be where I am right now, and I only hope you all can find a treatment that works for you.

tmwstw

I just read your post and told myself ... this guy has the same problem i have .. >:(. I have a curve caused by peyronie, had a plication to correct it, ended up with a twist that is more pronounced than before the surgery, especially when flaccid. If you found a way to correct it, let me know. And i agree, it's more of a cosmetic reason for the twist, the only doctor i know so far who performs surgical correction for the twist is in Egypt and his price is 3000 (all inclusive). It seems like a simple procedure on his website, but that's not what other doctors told me (I had two doctors told me better leave it alone, becuse surgery might cause futher deformity). But i guess you already contact this doctor thru email just like i did. If you ever intended to give Egypt a try, let me know .. we might go together  ;D. But for now, you need to wait 6 months before attempting to do anything else. Hope you like your result. Let me know your follow up with Dr. Levine. Best wishes.

CongenitalCurve

Just to make it clear for all...  The twist I have was preexisting and NOT caused by the surgery.  I just did not notice it much with the curvature.  Also, in my last post I said that it was twisted worse now when flaccid than it was pre-surgery.  The more I think about it this may not be completely true.  I do remember having a fair twist at times when flaccid prior to the surgery.  Plus, I am still swollen and not hanging normally yet.

It does not bother me much right now and I can live with it.  I cannot see going through a risky procedure to fix it as I do not believe the prognosis would be good.  I am thankful for what I have now and I couldn't see pushing my luck and putting my little guy through another major trauma unless it was twisted upside down! The twist caught me by surprise, but I am very, very happy with my results so far.  To me, a little twist is much less shocking than a big lateral curve.  If a woman told me it was cute with the curve, I could never truly believe that, but a little twist?  I could buy that, as personally, I don't think it is nearly as unusual or noticeable as the curvature, and certainly a woman would not feel it during sex.  

I would not consider the original procedure or any future correction of the twist "a simple procedure" and I believe strongly that a second operation would be quite risky both during the surgery and for the long term.  IMHO I do not think it would be advisable to do this outside the USA, period. Granted it costs dearly, but the best doctors, best hospitals - right here in the USA.....just my opinion.  (Just curious...the doc in Egypt...Osama Shaeer?)

I would get on the horn with Dr. Levine's office.  Have a list of questions prepared in advance.  They are busy, but they are there to help you and they will get you the answers you need.

tmwstw

Yes, the doctor in Egypt is Osama Shaeer. I looked and read his paper on penile torsion correction procedure. The post-op photos looks good. I asked him about the price and he said it 3000 ( all inclusive ). I did't mean it's a simple procedure. But i know for the fact i can recover within 3 months of the plication procedure, i probably will recover just fine with any other penile surgery procedure. But it's the result that we care the most right?

CongenitalCurve

When I contacted Dr. Shaeer, he gave me the same figure of $3,000.   I was asking him about Corporeal Rotation, which I learned was primarily for severe downward bends. For small lateral curvature he recommended Dr. Levine and I think Dr. Lue as well.  

I just read the paper on torsional correction.   It looks like the Dartos flap is more complicated and from the pictures it seems that the flap may be palpable post surgery.   With the skin realignment method it sounds like the frenular line will be interupted at the incision and continue on offset to the right or left above the incision.  Since it is only the skin which is realigned, I am not sure if that could result in recurrence down the line as skin stretches and ages. The procedures look promising, but I would want to know how many of these surgeries he has done since the study of 16 patients and the results.

Like I said, only you can decide what is best for you.  Right now I am just beginning to recover from my surgery so the thought of opening everything up again is furthest from my mind. I am still looking to the day that I will feel normal and strong down there.  I suppose that if you are well healed and feeling good, and you feel you can recover properly from another surgery, it may be an option for you.  

I kind of feel that the more sutures and restructuring one has, the greater the risk in both the short and long term.   You would be adding more scar tissue, bumps, lumps, etc.  The more tissue that is bent, pulled, twisted, and sutured in different directions, the more chance of problems with suture failure and possibly scar tissue contraction that could result in new twists and bends.  Hypothetically, if a second surgery does not fully correct the twist or if it causes some other unforeseen imperfection, would you consider a third procedure?  Where does it end and how far does one push ones luck?  Maybe I am over cautious, but that is just me.   I guess we each have to decide what we can live with and what we are willing to risk.   Just because we come through one surgery okay, does not mean we will have the same success with a second.  Plenty of horror stories out there, so maybe we need to consider walking away from the table while we are ahead.  Good luck in your research and keep us updated.

tmwstw

I agree with you. I'm not going to Egypt. My situation is a bit more complicated. I just find out I had the same experiences with you and Disconnect. I had a wife and divorced too, so as much as i know it might not interfere with sex (Many guys have peyronie and it did not interfere with sex), i still want to fix it. Anyway, i agree with you, there must be a point where we have to say "it's enough". I just postponed my excision/grafting procedure last week after talking to JackP from this forum. Best wishes to your recovery  :D No smoking( if you do ), test driving until everything is healed up. I took vitamin E post-op to help with the healing, used mederma scar gel to help with the scar ($20/tube at walgreens or cvs) it worked.

CongenitalCurve

Had my 2 week follow up appointment with Dr Levine's assistant.  She said I was healing very well.  I still have some scabbing and stitches, but most has fallen away.  Part of the way around the incision the skin is almost flat, but for most of the way there is a raised ridge of skin that looks pinched together.  For about a third of the way around this raised area is rather pronounced, but I am told it will flatten out over time.  

The post op measurement indicated that I lost about 1.5 centimeters which is at least a half centimeter more than the doctor said prior to the surgery.  These measurements were done when flaccid by grasping the head and and stretching.  She said she didn't pull as hard as Dr Levine would have and that I might have lost only half a centimeter.   I still do not feel like I have had a full erection yet, but to me it looks like I lost about 1/2-3/4" which is in agreement with their measurements.  I am hoping to gain back some length, but it is not too bad.  Mostly I am anxious to feel strong down there and start feeling like me again.  Although I am now straight when erect, it feels just like what it is...held in place by sutures and I still "feel" the curve.  This feeling is supposed to go away as it heals and the tightness eases up.  I now have to begin stretching and massaging to properly heal and prevent fibrosis.

The doctor did six plications.  Five on the convex side and one on the concave side near the base, which I think was necessary to point straight. Without the one on the other side it might have been like going from this ( to this \ instead of this | but I am guessing...  I was surprised to learn that the doctor did not remove any ellipses of tissue so I guess it is just folds held by sutures.  I don't know if this is good or bad.  On the one hand there is probably less damage and scarring of the tunica, but on the other it means it's just the sutures keeping me straight and the tunica will not be healed or "fused" into its new shape.  If anyone has any info on this please let me know. Overall I am still happy with the results so far, but I think it is still too soon to judge.

tmwstw

The skin pinched up will look better if you use some scar gel ( you can find at wal greens or CVS ). The sutures you had is very similar to mine, my doctor did not remove any ellipse either. I truly hope you dont experience the lump in erect state like i do right now. Before the surgery, my left CC looked like this "(" too, now it is straighter but at the site of the stiches, there's a big and hard lump only when i'm erect, it is not there when i'm flaccid and certainly not surgical swelling. I did feel the same way to about the sutures holding it in place, but mine was not arrow straight, i still have about 10 degrees bend til today (9 months post-op). I started stretching about 8 weeks post op, did that for 1 month and i got tired of it .. too much hours. All i thought about was just get home and put on my X4 Labs trying to get the 5-6 hours recomended. Very important if you do smoke try to cut down or stop completely if you can. That's all i know, speaking from my own experience. I truly hope you do better. Best wishes.

tmwstw

How's everything going with your recovery? Haven't seen you post anything in a while?

newguy

It sounds like your recovery is going well :). As the previous poster stated, please do keep us informed of your progress..

CongenitalCurve

Thanks to all for your interest.  Didn't mean to be gone so long.  Very busy with holiday season/year end workload.  Will continue posting progress very soon.

CongenitalCurve

3 1/2 weeks post-op:

Recovery going well.   Finally having "full" erections and I am straight.  A little disappointed that I have a twist as mentioned before, but in the grand scheme, not so bad.  Much better than before and I consider the surgery a success.  Even after three weeks I still have a small scab left and some stitches yet to dissolve.  For the most part I feel normal now, and can dress, move around, and "hang" comfortably.

The raised, pinched skin at the incision line has flattened a little now that the stitches are gone. and I believe the scarring will be minimal after another few months.  I cannot see any bumps at the plications even when flaccid although they are definitely palpable.   When erect they can barely be felt, if at all, and are not visible.  I do have a raised bump/bulging area near the base on the concave side where the doctor did one plication to even things out, but this adds to the girth and is not really an issue.  I have a vein right over the suture so this makes it look more pronounced than it really is.

I still feel the tightness and a little pain (not really "painful" but sore) during erections and I do not feel at full strength, but hey, it has only been three weeks.  I am still amazed when I see a straight erection.  It is awesome!  I have not measured, but I am sure I have lost length, and not just off the "long" side. Fortunately I was over 6" before so the the slight loss is not a major detriment.  Even if I am now 5 1/2" (probably longer), I am much better off being straight.

Right now I am looking forward to the day when I will feel strong down there and not so fragile.  I am embarrassed to say that I have cheated by masturbating a couple of times - very gently.  I took a risk, but think I am okay.   I couldn't help it.  I had not felt even the slightest sexual urge until a few days ago, and I was so grateful to feel "sexual" again I couldn't resist.

Aside from the slight twist I still have, the only thing I didn't forsee is that unless I am rock hard, fully erect, I still have a curve.  This makes perfect sense, but I did not expect it.  I knew that when completely flaccid I would still have a curve, but I didn't realize that even when mostly erect like during arousal or post orgasm the curve would be present.  Before the surgery, I looked best in that post-orgasm, semi-erect state.  I would still have my full length, but I would almost look straight hanging down - looked huge - loved walking around proudly after sex!  Now I probably look about the same, but I look so much better and completely straight when erect that the slight curve when semi erect seems more noticeable.  Oh well, you can't have it all....There is no contest - I am much better off now.  For those who are contemplating this surgery for cosmetic/psychological reasons alone, like me, just know that you will not be 100% "normal".   You will still be "you".....but being straight when fully erect is just incredible and worth it!!!!!!!(add twenty more exclamation points).

After only three weeks I still feel fragile and sore during erections, so I anxiously await the day when I will feel strong and normal.  I want to feel like I did before surgery - no pressure down there, and not fearful of tearing something.  I am sure that day will come.

Oh yeah, I should mention that I have been doing the required stretching exercises.  I have to grasp the head and pull, stretching as much as possible while stroking/stretching the skin up and down the shaft to keep things loose and keep my current length.  I am supposed to do this morning and night for five minutes each, but I usually only do it for about a minute.

If you have this surgery, you cannot expect perfection. I am very happy to be straight when fully erect - INCREDIBLE!!! - so I can deal with and accept any bumps, dimples, scarring, curvature when flaccid or semi erect, etc.   Just know you will never be 100% perfect and you will be happy with this surgery.  Before the surgery I was in a transition period - no relationship/no sex - but now I am kind of anxious to try out my "new" equipment.  I hope to get back to full strength and hopefully meet someone special to break my cherry with!   It is going to be strange, but wonderful...

CongenitalCurve

8 1/2 weeks post-op:

Sorry to go so long between posts.  For the most part there have been no changes until now.  Healing seems to be progressing, but I still experience soreness during erections and occasionally when flaccid.  I am not sure at this point though if I can still consider this surgery a success.   I am now noticing that I am curving to the left - opposite side from my pre-op direction.   I would say that now, when fully erect, I have a 5 degree curvature the other way.  I also seem to be curved a little bit down.  Add in the unexpected twist I was left with and the fact that I am now 3/4" shorter when the doc said I would lose nothing or maybe a half centimeter and I am starting to wonder if I should have had this procedure in the first place.   I can't really regret my decision - I was prepared and willing to face the risks and knew there would be no guarantees, but now I feel like I have all these bumps and swollen areas, a shorter penis, a scar, soreness, a fragile and irregular feeling penis (irregular to the touch and internal sensation), and instead of having one smooth curve I now have a slight s-shaped appearance (due to permanent swollen areas on the lower right and upper left around the sutures) and an overall slight curve to the other side.  I guess I am still less curved than before, but I do not feel I have gotten the results I was led to expect.  I have put in a call to the doctors office to discuss this and I will let you know what happens.   I know I cannot have follow up surgery, because I could not stand to lose any more length.  Again, I do not regret my decision because this is something I felt I had to do for my well-being, but disappointment is setting in.   Anyone have a similar experience?  If so, any improvement?

LWillisjr

I've always stated that healing is a long, slow process. You need to give it 4 months minimum.
My History

tmwstw

Hi there again,
I was hoping you wont experience the things that i had experienced, but seems like you do now. I'm now almost 1 year post-plication. I have Peyronie, different from your congenital curve, but the surgery i had is the same. From my experience, i can tell you the lump in the flaccid state, and the feeling of the sutures will go away in time, around 6 months, "internal feeling" as you called will come back 100% around that time too. However, when i'm erect the lump is hard and will be there, it's permanent .. i dont like it either. I think it's because my doc did not remove any ellipes, and the tunica is just punched together causing a lump when i'm erect. Really, i dont want to add any more negative to your experience but at this point of my surgery, i believe the lumpy side effect is permanent. I'm taking Serrapeptase and Natokinase as daily supplement, i'm hoping to soften the scar tissues at the sutures site to reduce the lump, if i see any improvement, i'll let you know and i'll be happy if you find some thing that helps you, and share with me.

CongenitalCurve

Thanks to you both for the replies.  My last post was quite negative and I just wanted to let you know that The doctor's assistant said all these symptoms were normal and she recommended the fast-size device as soon as possible.  I still have not made the purchase but have started stretching exercises regularly.  

Surprisingly, within two days of my last post, everything went back to normal.  I am straight again.  The bumpy/swollen areas around the sutures are still there, but it really looks pretty good - normal.   The only real issue right now is the loss of length.  It is amazing how much of a difference a measly 1/2 inch can make once it's gone.   I will probably try the fast-size, although I am skeptical.

I guess I understand now that the healing process takes time and there will be changes in the feel and appearance.  I'll just keep doing as advised and be patient.    

nycsurfer