Question on when are erections good/bad

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan74

Thread title. I have been doing some reading both on these forums and in papers and it seems that both the forums and Dr. Levine's book Understanding Peyronie's promote erections as a good way to maintain circulation and getting oxygen/blood into the penis, which should help in the acute phase.
However I also see other sources claiming that erections (particularly if they are uncomfortable/painful) can cause further damage.

Curious to hear what other people think.
In my particular situation, I am still able to get erections that are about 80-90% intensity, however there is some minor "stretching" discomfort with the bend and I am paranoid that getting erections is aggravating the bend further.
Note that these erections are without touching the penis (I have gone pretty much religiously nofap after symptoms got worse on 7/21).  
Late twenties, symptoms started late July. Current status: Confirmed "Mild" case, curvature 20-25 degrees. Significant hourglassing at base

TonySa

It's universally accepted erections are healthy for the penis and lack of them, especially NTE's lead to problems.  Now jerking off or intercourse when painful is something you may want to avoid until the pain subsides.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.