Epilepsy drug Lamotrigine possible cause?

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajvine

I have been treated for epilepsy for 9 years (even though I only had 2 seizures back then and should be taken off of it). Last year on January I started taking a new medication: Lamotrigine. I was taking Keppra for the past 8 years. Anyways at the end of last year beginning of this one is when I started getting symptoms (painful erections and a couple of months later bending of the penis)

I just thought that maybe this medicine (Lamotrigine) may be the culprit in this disease.  Has anyone read or know anything about this?

Thanks  
28 yo. Diagnosed March 13th 2020 by Dr Hakim. Prescribed Sildenafil 20 mg before sex, will have Doppler ultrasound on July 25th. ESL 40 on the way and looking to get an affordable VED. Some pain during erections, slight hourglassing.

Tortão Pra Direita

Probably it's coincidence. You developed your Peyronie while taking the drug. I can't see a connection between Peyronie and Lamotrigine.
The truth is you'll never know for sure.
1993 born. Brazil.
Peyronies since Sep 2019.
Penis developed curvature, lots of plaque, loss of size and axial rigidity. Severe peyronie.
Mar/21 TEP + Titan Touch 20 cm + 1.5 RTE.

Surgery done by Dr. Marco Tulio Cavalcanti, in São Paulo.

Swain

All research suggests its just a thing that happens. That being said, discuss it with your doctor, if you switch meds back snd it stops fairly quickly, you'll know.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions