my introduction

Previous topic - Next topic

marco07

I first noticed that my penis was curved about 3 years ago and i asked my parents about it but they told me not to worry about it.
my penis curves a fair bit to the right when it's not erect and a lot to the right when it is.
The only thing that I've tried to treat this problem is doing some stretches with my penis.
I have the means to get treatment for P.D.S.
For the psycholojical aspects, the disease can make me feel depressed and hopeless about a love life.
I am not in a relationship.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

doobie3

Hey man..

Have you read the new member information page? That really helps alot when it comes having a guide. You seem like someone with a similar timeline as mine when it came to treatment. I only worked up the courage to talk about it and seek help after almost 2 years. I just want to assure you that there are lots of solutions out there and plenty of hope to be found.

I'd say you first check your erection angle, and take pictures too. Second, go to a doctor who is experienced with peyronies treatment. There are plenty mentioned in various forums here.

This forum is perhaps the most supportive forum I have ever been a part of so after step 1 and maybe step 2 even, don't be afraid to reach out for advice or any other help you may need.

Good luck!
22 yrs old - first noticed peyronies in June 2018, 30-35 degree curve, April 2020 - Consulted Dr. Ronald Suh - Advised against Xiaflex - Currently using Restorex Device

Hawk

Marco, Welcome to the forum.  I hope you find the answers and support you are looking for here.

The first thing is do dispair.  This will likely not be as bad as you might be imagining.  
First things first -  How old are you?  Has this curve been with you as long as you remember?  If not when did it start and did there appear to be any cause?  Has it changed since you first noticed it?

Looking forward to answers and a more complete history.

Hawk
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

marco07

Quote from: Hawk on July 21, 2020, 10:42:41 AM
How old are you?  Has this curve been with you as long as you remember?  If not when did it start and did there appear to be any cause?  Has it changed since you first noticed it?
13 years old.
I don't remember a time when the curve wasn't there but I can think of some things that may have caused it (physical trauma).
I'm pretty sure there have been no changes since I first noticed it.

TonySa

Hello Marco, anyone whose always had a curve w erection has a natural cogenital curve.  It is a healthy penis and will not worsen.  No need to worry about Peyronie's.  Congrats!
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Hawk

Marco,

I am not sure how curved your erect penis is but Tony said it is congenital meaning it is your natural curve.   It is abnormal for a penis to be perfectly straight and round.  

A penis has to be very significantly bent to prevent intercourse.  It is not only very unlikely you will have a problem.  It is very unlikely anyone will notice and less likely they will care.

Hawk

marco07

Quote from: Hawk on July 21, 2020, 10:55:50 PM
A penis has to be very significantly bent to prevent intercourse.
Hi Hawk,

it could be possible that my penis is naturally curved but i don't think that's the case. This is because while erect, my penis bends at an angle of about 45 degrees.  

doobie3

Is it a sharp bend or a gradual one? ... A sharp bend could indicate peyronies.
22 yrs old - first noticed peyronies in June 2018, 30-35 degree curve, April 2020 - Consulted Dr. Ronald Suh - Advised against Xiaflex - Currently using Restorex Device

Hawk

If that bend has been there since he remembers without significant change it is NOT Peyronies Disease.

That does not mean it might not be an issue but it is a totally different issue.

Look at these 30 and 40-degree diagrams at the beginning of this topic and compare to yourself both degree of bend and how sudden or sharp the bend as opposed to gradual and curved. https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,13876.0.html

marco07

Quote from: Hawk on July 22, 2020, 12:09:24 PM
That does not mean it might not be an issue but it is a totally different issue.

Hello Hawk, I've looked at the diagrams and noticed one key difference between my penis and the ones shown in the diagrams. My penis starts it curve right at the base and not at the middle like the others. Could this mean I have some other condition? If so, which one?

Marco.

Hawk

The location does not indicate the cause.  I am fairly certain it is a congenital curve unless you had a penis fracture at a very young age and just have some normal healing scar tissue.  I think a penis fracture is very unlikely.  

My interest in the shape is more to consider any issues you might or might not have with normal function.  To determine that we need:

to establish the angle
Whether all the angle comes from one place of bend or if you have a curve along the entire shaft
Is it very stable and resistant to bend or able to be straightened with little effort?
PS: we are close to having to close the introductory post for reaching the posted limit.  but we can continue elsewhere,  

LWillisjr

This is locked as an introductory topic. Fell free to post in other areas of the forum.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History