Guitar string feeling veins/artery right under skin

Previous topic - Next topic

Markyj

Just to the left side on the top of my shaft and next the Superficial dorsal vein, I have these cord like veins or arteries that you can feel right under the skin. They feel kind of like guitar strings or thin cords and I can feel my pulse in one. They aren't new and I don't think they are anything bad or even peyronies related but am curious what they are. I also can't see any blue like with the superficial dorsal vein. I know there are deep dorsal arteries but I would not think those would be easily felt by touch. Are there other arteries or veins that would match that description in the penis close to the skin?
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

smashin

They are arteries and nerves. Below the skin either side of dorsal vein.

I have the same thing. They feel hard like guitar strings, although I don't believe they always felt this way.

peter123

Quote from: Markyj on July 20, 2020, 05:49:32 AM
Just to the left side on the top of my shaft and next the Superficial dorsal vein, I have these cord like veins or arteries that you can feel right under the skin. They feel kind of like guitar strings or thin cords and I can feel my pulse in one. They aren't new and I don't think they are anything bad or even peyronies related but am curious what they are. I also can't see any blue like with the superficial dorsal vein. I know there are deep dorsal arteries but I would not think those would be easily felt by touch. Are there other arteries or veins that would match that description in the penis close to the skin?

https://imgur.com/a/4ELRtR4

like this?
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR REPEATED RULE VIOLATIONS He never had Peyronies Disease but has body dysmorphia and his pastime was to attack all treatments, medical resources, and opinions.

Markyj

Quote from: smashin on July 20, 2020, 07:54:01 AM
They are arteries and nerves. Below the skin either side of dorsal vein.

I have the same thing. They feel hard like guitar strings, although I don't believe they always felt this way.

Yeah, I think they are arteries and nerves but if it is the neurovascular bundle I am surprised it can be easily felt since it is deep within buck's fascia.  I can mainly only feel them on one side though.

smashin

I think they harden when under stress.

I am not sure if these hardened string are the nerves or the arteries. I am also unaware if they can soften again or not, or wether its from obstruction or inflamation.

Do you have diminished glans sensitivity on the dorsal side? Pretty sure i have lost sensitivity when these strings have been in this state.

Anyone know if glans sensitivity can be recovered, and if it is inflammation or the nerves causing this?

smashin

Quote from: peter123 on July 20, 2020, 10:26:31 AM

like this?

No he is talking about thing string like arteries/nerves which run the length of the penis on the dorsal side.

Markyj

Quote from: smashin on July 20, 2020, 12:46:35 PM
I think they harden when under stress.

I am not sure if these hardened string are the nerves or the arteries. I am also unaware if they can soften again or not, or wether its from obstruction or inflamation.

Do you have diminished glans sensitivity on the dorsal side? Pretty sure i have lost sensitivity when these strings have been in this state.

Anyone know if glans sensitivity can be recovered, and if it is inflammation or the nerves causing this?

I think it could be both arteries and nerves as I feel a few cords. One is an artery though because I can feel it pulse.  I have severe pelvic floor muscle tension which causes "hard flaccid" like symptoms so that could be making them feel harder and since the area is tensed.  I don't specifically notice diminished glans sensitivity but my penis does have slightly decreased sensitivity throughout the shaft in addition to a sensitivity that feels kind of like burning pain and aches that are also from my pelvic floor issues.  Do you have any issues with pelvic floor muscles or stress affecting your symptoms?

Also, some textbook anatomy drawings show a superficial dorsal nerves and superficial dorsal arteries so maybe thats what we are feeling and not the dorsal artery?

smashin

Quote from: Markyj on July 20, 2020, 02:53:59 PM
I think it could be both arteries and nerves as I feel a few cords. One is an artery though because I can feel it pulse.  I have severe pelvic floor muscle tension which causes "hard flaccid" like symptoms so that could be making them feel harder and since the area is tensed.  I don't specifically notice diminished glans sensitivity but my penis does have slightly decreased sensitivity throughout the shaft in addition to a sensitivity that feels kind of like burning pain and aches that are also from my pelvic floor issues.  Do you have any issues with pelvic floor muscles or stress affecting your symptoms?

Also, some textbook anatomy drawings show a superficial dorsal nerves and superficial dorsal arteries so maybe thats what we are feeling and not the dorsal artery?

Yes I have really bad pelvic floor issues which showed up and a similar time to when my penis stared feeling different.

I know that the dorsal arteries and nerves stem from the pudendal nerves and arteries so yes, they are very related.

I notice if I stand up for a long time, my dick just feels lifeless, like bad blood flow. Other times it will feel full. It's like my symptoms are constantly changing, and it's often dependant on the pelvic floor. Did you peyronies like symptoms come as a result of pelvic injury or chronic spasm, or did you have a direct injury to the penis?

Markyj

Quote from: smashin on July 20, 2020, 07:30:18 PM
Yes I have really bad pelvic floor issues which showed up and a similar time to when my penis stared feeling different.

I know that the dorsal arteries and nerves stem from the pudendal nerves and arteries so yes, they are very related.

I notice if I stand up for a long time, my dick just feels lifeless, like bad blood flow. Other times it will feel full. It's like my symptoms are constantly changing, and it's often dependant on the pelvic floor. Did you peyronies like symptoms come as a result of pelvic injury or chronic spasm, or did you have a direct injury to the penis?

Are you diagnosed peyronies or trying to figure out if you have it?  I think I have always had a tight pelvic floor but I didn't get it diagnosed until I started noticing an hourglass shape sometimes when I was flaccid.  Pelvic floor tension can cause all sorts of penile symptoms.  When I experience those symptoms I start checking my dick more and notice small things that may have always been there but I never examined my dick that much before

smashin

Quote from: Markyj on July 20, 2020, 07:46:35 PM
Are you diagnosed peyronies or trying to figure out if you have it?  I think I have always had a tight pelvic floor but I didn't get it diagnosed until I started noticing an hourglass shape sometimes when I was flaccid.  Pelvic floor tension can cause all sorts of penile symptoms.  When I experience those symptoms I start checking my dick more and notice small things that may have always been there but I never examined my dick that much before

I've seen two urologists, the first one said he could feel a small bit of hardness at tip of cavernosa, but that it was insignificant, and i believe it could just be haematoma or hardened inflamation and thus removable, as it doesn't cause any deformity. The second said there was nothing wrong, and that it could be psychological. Whilst I do agree that what I'm going through has a heavy psychological component, it seemed like a cop out. I went into that second urologist visit with a visibly different penis to usual, in a state where it is almost hard flaccid and lacking blood flow, so saying nothing was wrong seemed off. He said he couldn't feel peyronies, but he obviously missed any hardness, so I don't know.

So I really don't know. All I do know is that I have pelvic pain all day and it affects my dick significantly. Sometimes I have hope and it feels better, usually when my perineum isn't tight. But then when it's tight I get low mentally and symptoms get bad.

I'm sure pelvic floor and pudendal nerve are significant in my case. Maybe it's some sort of artery obstruction in perineum along with compressed nerves causing inflamation. I'm pretty sure the tension from the pelvis puts the penile fascia in a constant retracted and therefore tightened state. This alongside inflamation I believe causes the fascia to begin to stick in this tightened position. When I relax I can massage the tightness and inflamation out and it all seems pretty good, like there is a way out.

What are you symptoms, have you been diagnosed peyronies? Are you in a positive mental position that u believe you can beat this? Or do you flip flop mentally? Today I am feeling positive as after manual traction and massage last night I believe I have pin pointed the route this is affecting me and had great success is losening and softening the tissue.

Markyj

Quote from: peter123 on July 20, 2020, 10:26:31 AM

like this?

Do you know what that is?  I feel like I've had some of those forever, like my penis reels ribbed

peter123

Quote from: Markyj on July 22, 2020, 12:18:47 PM
Do you know what that is?  I feel like I've had some of those forever, like my penis reels ribbed

doctor said its thickening of the tunica tissue
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR REPEATED RULE VIOLATIONS He never had Peyronies Disease but has body dysmorphia and his pastime was to attack all treatments, medical resources, and opinions.

Markyj

Quote from: peter123 on July 22, 2020, 12:51:26 PM

Have you been diagnosed with peyronies? I have a bunch of those and nothing showed up on an ultrasound.  

peter123

Quote from: Markyj on July 22, 2020, 12:56:25 PM
Have you been diagnosed with peyronies? I have a bunch of those and nothing showed up on an ultrasound.

yes I have. but I also have them on one other spot and there everything is normal too. hence why I am confused and desperate

Markyj

Quote from: peter123 on July 22, 2020, 01:48:21 PM
yes I have. but I also have them on one other spot and there everything is normal too. hence why I am confused and desperate

I have been told it is normal for the penis to feel "ribbed" or have some ridges.  In my case the ridges are not peyronie's.  If you have a bunch up and down your shaft then I am told that is not unusual for men to have that.  If it feels like a lesion or hardened plaque then we are likely talking about two different things

peter123

Quote from: Markyj on July 22, 2020, 02:24:20 PM
I have been told it is normal for the penis to feel "ribbed" or have some ridges.  In my case the ridges are not peyronie's.  If you have a bunch up and down your shaft then I am told that is not unusual for men to have that.  If it feels like a lesion or hardened plaque then we are likely talking about two different things

yeah but one is different, it is much thicker than anything else. I posted a picture recently. I also have a curvature there so its defintely not normal

Logarn

If you don't mind me asking, did the one causing curvature occur after injury? If so, how long after did the curve occur?  How much does it curve?  

Guy_87

Quote from: peter123 on July 22, 2020, 12:51:26 PM

That would/should show up on your Ultrasound though Peter, yet the Andrologist said your Ultrasound was clear, correct?  Hmph.  ???

peter123

Quote from: Logarn on July 22, 2020, 06:34:11 PM
If you don't mind me asking, did the one causing curvature occur after injury? If so, how long after did the curve occur?  How much does it curve?

No. I just started being very painful in January and suddenly it was curved by 20 degree. There is also indentation and loss of girth quite substantially even

Paolo

Peter,
I have had good experience with Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALC) for pain management during my acute phase, 1 gram x 2 day, get it with Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) included. Many people who don't eat meat are deficient of ALA.

Pain should be noticeably less in just under 1 week.
If you use it then please update this thread, thanks.

It is relatively cheap
Paul.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Markyj

Quote from: peter123 on July 22, 2020, 03:04:57 PM
yeah but one is different, it is much thicker than anything else. I posted a picture recently. I also have a curvature there so its defintely not normal

Does the one causing curvature feel hard or kinda fleshy?  

peter123

Quote from: Markyj on July 23, 2020, 09:18:53 PM
Does the one causing curvature feel hard or kinda fleshy?

Fleshy, as if the tunica was just a bit thicker in that spot

healthyconsumption

Quote from: Markyj on July 20, 2020, 05:49:32 AM

Hey Markyj, I know this is an old thread. But did you work out what exactly the problem you had when created this thread was?

I'm having the exact same problems. Right preoccupy floor for months. Now it's not painful but still tight. I have wiry guitar string on my left dorsal side from the base towards the glan. The right one is also hard but the left one Hurst when I touch it. My hard flaccid goes away when I lay in bed on my back. But seems, hard, and some time small or larger flaccid when standing and walking. I have a hard string cord running between the amiss up to the bottom of the base of the penis.

I have two nodules like the one in the video poster earlier in the thread.

I have no idea what is going on. Have you recovered from it or what happened?  
What: Approx 30 degree left from mid shaft, 45 degree clockwise torsion.
How: PE (June 2021)

Regimen:
⁍ Pentox 400mg (3 x daily)
⁍ Tadalafil 10mg (2 x daily)
⁍ Verdanafil 100mg (1 x 2 days)
⁍ Arginine/NAC/Vit-E/Ginger/Berries/Kelp