Self-Diagnosis - Seeing or Feeling the Plaque Yourself?

Previous topic - Next topic

PDGuy198

I skimmed the first page or two of threads and didn't see anything too specific to this. I was recently diagnosed with Peyronie's by my urologist. He examined me and said he felt some fibrous tissue (I forget his exact wording). I have a follow-up appointment with him to discuss treatment options, but I'm wondering how many of you can see or feel the plaque/fibrous tissue yourself? Obviously if the doctor could feel it, it's there, but I don't know what I'm looking for or feeling for. Are there any illustrations or guides online that could help? Only thing I really see is a different color of skin towards the circumcised end of my penis. Like it starts out one color then changes to a different one. And maybe the tissue is harder on that end but it could just be my perception. If it is harder it's not just in one spot. Being able to see or feel the issue myself would go a long way in me understanding and ultimately determining if any of the treatment options I might undergo are helping. And yes, I do plan on taking all the measurements ahead of time, but it'd be nice to see or feel the plaque myself. I have an upward curve if that helps. I think it's called dorsal.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

Plaque cannot be visualized, but sometimes the effects such as narrowing.  It can sometimes be felt.  Usually it can be found on a flaccid ultra sound.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

PDGuy198

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

LWillisjr

PDGuy,

My uro had to show me how to feel for it. And here is my best explanation. With my left hand I would hold the head of my penis and lightly stretch away from my body. With my right hand, plam down, starting at the base of penis I would squeeze my penis between my thumb and fore finger. And while keeping some squeezing pressure, slow slide my thumb and fore finger together down the shaft of my penis. My plaque was about midway on top (dorsal) and I could feel it this way.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

RandyPE

I've done the same thing to identify my plaque(s), and now I go right to them. To my my largest one feels like a pea under my skin.  It's on the left side of my shaft, almost at the base when flaccid, and about mid shaft when erect (right where my hourglass is).  I'm certain it's this plaque that causes the bend, since it's right where the bend begins.  

Once I could locate it, I began rubbing it, massaging it, rubbing Vit E into the tissue over it, later the DMSO, Iodine, etc I've talked about in posts.  Again - I don't know what has worked, but something has.

The good thing is, you get to spend some time feeling yourself up.  :)  Hope you find it. If you need more help, let us know.

Randy
Peyronie's since 2017
Have tried: X4Labs Extender; Phallosan; Jelqing; Manual Massage & Stretches; VED Pump; DMSO + Iodine, Vit E; Ultrasound.
Curve gone from 90 degrees to 20.
Still have hour glassing, which I HATE
Open to new suggestions & ideas.