traction injury?

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello,

The last couple of weeks I have been doing a lot of manual traction. Sometimes also when semi-erect or hard flaccid (which is not good).
The last week I started to have pain at the other side of where my plaque is, and I think it's because I did too much traction.

I fear that I have injured myself, just when I wanted to buy RestoreX, and I dont know what I can do now.
Should I stop doing traction for a few weeks or should I keep doing a little bit? Or something else?

Thanks!

Curve: 35°
Traction, heat, pelvic floor exercises, L-citrulline

bustedchubb

As a person who worsened their situation by starting traction too soon with a restoreX, I would advise stopping until things settle down more.  I also have horrible hard flaccid and was having issues with keeping it non-semi erect as well while trying traction.  Both, especially semi-erect is going to lead to further worsening.
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

RandyPE

I agree - let it rest a little bit.  And be careful of doing traction with a semi.  Definite possibility of injury. But rest has helped me every time I've overdone it (which is, unfortunately, often).
Peyronie's since 2017
Have tried: X4Labs Extender; Phallosan; Jelqing; Manual Massage & Stretches; VED Pump; DMSO + Iodine, Vit E; Ultrasound.
Curve gone from 90 degrees to 20.
Still have hour glassing, which I HATE
Open to new suggestions & ideas.

Thank you guys! I'll take rest until the pain is gone and be more careful

melting

Sadly the advice on this forum regarding traction is very unclear and dangerous.

Never stretch an injury, inflammation or a penis in pain. Don't start with 30+ minutes but just with a few at very low tension and observe how you react.

Someone said hard flaccid due to traction.. happens rather often, the pelvic floor chronically tensing up vs. the pull experienced as trauma.

Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

TonySa

Read the studies-traction during the acute phase is recommended.  Of course begin gradual and build up the time and stretch.  Restorex has specific instructions for that.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

skunkworks

Quote from: melting on July 09, 2020, 09:04:45 PMSadly the advice on this forum regarding traction is very unclear and dangerous.

Actually the advice is very clear.

Traction in the acute stage is beneficial.

Start slow. Use heat. 1000g of tension or less in 30 minute sessions. Ease off and rest if you feel any pain (increased pain if you always have pain).

Know the tension of your device at each line, measure it independently and do not accept the manufacturers word on this.

This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Tobyg

If you have pain, I recommend pentox 600, a single pill took the pain away from me.
I had very good results 1 week ago with manual traction, I will count the details in 1 week if this continues.
32 years,injured at 25.
Slight curve, narrowing and retraction in flaccid and semi-erect.
Loss of sensitivity due to peyronie and circumcision  moderate erectile dysfunction, pain.
I improved the pelvic floor with kinesiology.
Frequent urination.

I always had good results and less pain with traction, but I think I just overdone it now. Hope the pain goes away quickly

RandyPE

I WAY overdid it pumping a few weeks ago - my penis swelled up a ton and was very scary looking. Went to see my doctor and he put me on "dick rest" for a few weeks - no pumping, traction, stretching, sex or JO.  And after 2 weeks it was completely back to "normal."  So that's my advice - give it a few days or week and let it recover.  
Good luck!
Peyronie's since 2017
Have tried: X4Labs Extender; Phallosan; Jelqing; Manual Massage & Stretches; VED Pump; DMSO + Iodine, Vit E; Ultrasound.
Curve gone from 90 degrees to 20.
Still have hour glassing, which I HATE
Open to new suggestions & ideas.

melting

Quote from: skunkworks on July 10, 2020, 12:23:56 AM
Actually the advice is very clear.

Traction in the acute stage is beneficial.

Is the acute stage also 1 day after a penis injury? When does acute stage exactly start?
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

Yeah I wanna know that too, because if I created a new injury, then how long should I wait with starting traction again?

Mr man

Quote from: melting on July 11, 2020, 08:48:17 PM
Is the acute stage also 1 day after a penis injury? When does acute stage exactly start?

The acute stage is from when symptoms begin. Often this can be months after the injury (as is the case with me). It ends when the symptoms stop worsening. Usually around 12 to 18 months, but sometimes longer.

I always recommend traction wether at the acute stage or chronic srage. My advice is the only time you should not do traction is if your in pain, swelling.or inflamed. Likely then your soft tissue is torn or other damage to capillaries. Then rest up. Wait for damage tissue to repair.

Give it 2-3 days for the pain to subside. If you can stretch.your penis to about 50-70.percent normal length without pain. It might be worth doing this once a day holding it for 30 seconds. To help keep some normal shape. This helps me recover when I overdo traction.

Use your own good judgement (to decide when the tissue has healed). No pain, swelling, or inflammation? Your probably ready to slowly work up to a traction regime.
Latest routine. Started l-lysine 3mg daily, l-proline 5mg daily. Increased vit c intake. Accompanied with almost daily vacuum therapy. Pumping to 100% Exercise caution! Made good progress. L arginine supplements and prescribed potaba are helping.

Tobyg

Only practice traction on the penis when you are not in pain, and always in a flaccid state, it is absurd to wait 2 years every time you feel pain, it would take you a lifetime.
but if you feel pain do not pull, and take a pentox 600 pill, it is effective for me
32 years,injured at 25.
Slight curve, narrowing and retraction in flaccid and semi-erect.
Loss of sensitivity due to peyronie and circumcision  moderate erectile dysfunction, pain.
I improved the pelvic floor with kinesiology.
Frequent urination.

Thank you, I started doing traction again with a device, but very low and only for 20 minutes a day.
The place where I had pain still hurts sometimes so I think it was a pretty bad injury, but it could be worse.

I'm now waiting for my restorex to arrive