reversing order of post

Previous topic - Next topic

Jammer

How do I, or can I , switch order of post from oldest to newest?  I find it difficult to go to the bottom and work my way up.  Is their a tab I can use to reverse order.  Thanks.

Tim468

Go to your "Profile" tab and then on the left side is a "Look and Layout Preferences" line that you can click on. Click on it and then place a check mark in the boxes in front of  "Show most recent posts at the top" and "Show most recent personal messages at top".

That should do it.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

Jed

any way we could switch the first post to be on top rather that scrolling all the way to the bottom to find the older post.  

ashtown

Try going to your profile and locate the bit for "look and Layout". There is a bit that says "Show most recent posts at the top." and I'm guessing that should be unticked. For me the first post is always at the top as long as I'm logged in otherwise it's at the bottom.  
Dec 2013 - Replaced all prescribed medicines with plenty of fresh vegetables, sleep and exercise

Old Man

ashtown:

I would think that it would work best to have all the ''new'' unread posts to be at the top of the listings. That way, you have the current ones readily available to read and not have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the listings to find them.

Regards, Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Norm

If there are not an extremely large number of posts on the thread, you can simply jump to the bottom of the page which will, in effect, take you to the original post. When you get to the topic, look at the upper left of the post. You will see "Go Down". That jumps you to the bottom of that page.  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

Old Man

Norm:

That works fine in the thread/topic that has only a page or two, but some have up to 30 plus pages. Overall, it is IMHO to have the newest posts at the top of each thread/topic.

Just my 2 cents from many years of monitoring and posting on forums.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

ashtown

I think this comes down to personal choice. Sometimes I'll see a new post on a subject I've never seen covered before and realise it would be useful to start reading from further back in which case it seems easier to read from the top down just like a book.
Dec 2013 - Replaced all prescribed medicines with plenty of fresh vegetables, sleep and exercise

Norm

I keep my recents on top also for faster access. But as stated below, sometimes you like to go back and see the original post that got it all started. Usually, just jumping down a couple pages will get you there. If it is multiple pages, you do have the option to jump to the highest number page you can see. Some of these threads go back a long, long way.  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

Jed

Thank you Ashtown I will do that

Hawk

It is personal preference.  You will notice that our Highlights read from the top down.  When we have long topics however it is anoying to have to scroll down 15 topics every time you come to the forum to read posts.

If you switch the default order in your profile just be aware that you will read many quotes like "in response to the post 2 posts down, I would like to say....."  and it won't apply to your setup.  When someone says "scroll to the bottom and you will see the answer to that" it will not apply.

...but suit yourself.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Amitr

Oh thanks.. this makes it a lot easier to go through the forum.

Amitr

Also, just a suggestion.. shouldn't this be the default layout that posts are displayed in chronological order, since every other internet forum follows this same format, and it's much more convenient. It's much easier to go through all the comments in the standard order as opposed to latest first.

Also, I guess you meant uncheck "Show most recent posts at the top".

Njnist

Quote from: amitr7 on July 17, 2013, 12:34:40 PM
Also, just a suggestion.. shouldn't this be the default layout that posts are displayed in chronological order, since every other internet forum follows this same format, and it's much more convenient. It's much easier to go through all the comments in the standard order as opposed to latest first.

Also, I guess you meant uncheck "Show most recent posts at the top".

I agree with this. When I first came here it was very difficult to get used to.....besides there should be an option to show the first unread post you left off on, that way if you have already read most of the thread it will take you to that point.

LWillisjr

This topic has come up before. It truly is a personal preference. Some like the reverse order, some don't. Every internet forum I have been on allows the user to determine the order you want the posts displayed.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Mentos

Great forum, good job with putting it together and maintaing.

If i were to comment on something it woulf be that the First post of new topic should remain at the top and then replies posted below. It makes no sense to go to the last page and then backwards to read them.

also, consider a chat.

Check out Herpes-Coldsores (HC) Support Forums for inspiration. they have a great site.

respect

MattFoley

There's a way in your settings where you can make the first post start at the top of the first page. I haven't changed my settings but if you look into it you can figure a way to change it to your satisfaction. You may want to ask Hawk or one of the other Admins.
Got Testosterone?

skunkworks

Yeah click on 'Profile' then 'Modify Profile' - 'Look and Layout' and uncheck the "Show most recent posts at the top" checkbox.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Hawk

I really have no interest in reversing the default order of our posts.  It also is not true that "every other forum lists posts in chronological order oldest to newest".  Many forums list most recent first.  I think it is very inefficient to require that a member has to page down through 20 pages of posts to get to the current conversation.  Our community is divided on what they prefer so we picked the method preferred by most members when we launched.

That being said, it is a non-issue since the forum does have the option for users to list the posts that way if they prefer.  It is in the users profile settings.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums