Alternative Lubricants for PMP

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMathuna

Does anybody use a lubricant for the PMP other than the ProMaster lubricant that comes with it?

I feel like I'm going through the lubricant bottle pretty quick and I'd rather not spend 15 bucks every couple of weeks.

Thanks
27 yr/o
Symptoms presented August 20, 2019
Slight bend to the left and down
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

MacMathuna

Won't oil-based lubricants degrade the latex sluice?
27 yr/o
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

MacMathuna

Also, the lube that comes with the PMP has a very viscous consistency (more like castor oil than, say, olive oil) and feels stickier than many lubricants. I feel like the stickiness helps it hold to my glans, but maybe this isn't that important.  
27 yr/o
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

MacMathuna

In case anyone's wondering, I've been using castor oil, and it's fine. The sluice doesn't seem to have degraded at all, and castor oil is the right consistency.

I smeared one of the smaller sluices that I don't use with castor oil and let it sit, then stretched it to see if it would tear, and it's fine.  
27 yr/o
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

DarthPronius

Cool thanks macmathuna, was just about to post asking the same thing about pmp lube.

The tube says ingredients are dimethicone and dimethiconol. I am going to try getting a tube of dimethicone cream and see if that works.
Age 37. First symptoms Jan 2019. Small (4mm) calcified plaque near head, and narrowing near plaque, last 1/3 of shaft. Used pentox for 1 year. Still using tadalafil 5mg, coq10. VED & mild traction helping w/ erection quality