How far should I be stretching with PMP?

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMathuna

Should I be keeping my penis at my normal "stretched flaccid length"? Should I be going just passed that?

I've just been doing lengths that "feel" like a stretch. But I just don't know how to tell if I'm doing too little, and I don't want to risk doing too much

For reference, the rod length I'm using now is just under 4 1/2 ''. So my penis is probably stretched out to about 5'' (it's hard to tell exactly because my glans is concealed within the attachment.) My normal erect length is around 6''.
27 yr/o
Symptoms presented August 20, 2019
Slight bend to the left and down
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

TonySa

I'd gradually keep increasing it.  With time the stretch will grow longer.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

MacMathuna

Ok. I've been adjusting the stretch. I'm extended to pretty close to my erect length now, and the PMP is still displaying all 5 of the little segments that indicate resistance. If I'm reading the manual right, that means I'm getting less than 230g resistance.

I'm just worried that maybe this isn't actually doing anything if I'm not getting enough of a stretch.

I'll keep at it though.

27 yr/o
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

TonySa

Good, keep adding stretch...if becomes uncomfortable-back off for a bit.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

NeoV

One member just injured his penis with PMP by doing it too high tension for too many hours (up to 11 a day). This made his penis kind of retract a bit, or so he claims, and it took him a week or more to recover. Just go easy and focus on consistency over tension IMO. But I'm not saying NOT to give it good tension, just don't over do it.

MacMathuna

That's what my intuition is telling me, Neo. I'm just perplexed because I can't even reach the minimum tension level recommended in the PMP manual (200g).
27 yr/o
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

MacMathuna

I think I was using too much tension. A few days ago I was wearing the PMP at a higher tension than I had been, and it shifted, causing a very slight but sharp pain on the left side of my shaft, where my curve is.

After that I felt less sensitivity during sex with my partner, and particularly during orgasm. Following that there's been some slight soreness on the left side of my penis. I'm thinking maybe I should take a break from traction for a few days, or at least go back to using the larger sluice at lower tension.
Before this incident, I was pretty much exclusively using the blue sluice at tensions well under 200g, and my penis generally felt better than it had been feeling prior to doing traction at all. But since I've been trying to reach the recommended 200g, my penis has felt less filled out, less pliant, and my cord-like plaques are more prominent to palpation.
I think my body is telling me that less tension is better for me right now, so I'm thinking I should go back to lower tension with the blue sluice even after this week's injury heals up.

I just get so frustrated when I have to take a break because it feels like now I'm not doing anything to fix my Peyronie's.

And it's super frustrated that a lot of people I talk to on here who have success with PMP say they use tension levels of 500 or 600 or even up to 900, and here I am hurting myself at less than 200g. I worry that the traction that I am doing isn't enough to actually stretch the plaque at all, but if I do enough to actually make a difference I will just hurt myself and make things worse. :(

Anyway, thanks for hearing me guys. Anytime I try a new treatment and there's complications it's like I run the whole gamut of emotions again.  
27 yr/o
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

melting

Yes, that's the challenge with traction..
Finding enough of a stretch intensity and time to influence the plaque but not hurting the healthy tissue more.

It's a range. So you don't need to hit it perfectly. You increase slowly time and intensity.

I would first increase time before intensity as when you hit too much intensity fast the problem is there before you can react.
If you increase time at low intensity you can gauge much easier what you can take and what not. (like pulling on a band fast vs. slowly)

When I used traction I always started with low intensity and increased it throughout the day.(and then lowered it again -pyramid)
If you don't feel any stretch, any tension it's possible you are not challenging the plaque or tissue at all and basically waste your time.

-> Think about the tension a normal erection creates.. It's not enough to mess with most peyronies plaques.
It's hard to give a definite amount of weight or time, it's highly individual. Avoid pain, but "challenge" the plaque.

I can remember times where I barely could take it, no pain, but very intense, for some minutes, then cut a bit back and then again a bit more traction.. (that's after getting used to it!!!!).. next day it was easier to get to the same point. Progress is slow with this.
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

MacMathuna

Thanks for your reply, melting

Quote from: melting on June 25, 2020, 08:48:13 PM

I can remember times where I barely could take it, no pain, but very intense, for some minutes, then cut a bit back and then again a bit more traction.. (that's after getting used to it!!!!).. next day it was easier to get to the same point. Progress is slow with this.

Do you recommend doing this? --stretching to the point where you can "barely take it"?  I feel like to would be too easy to go to far if you're pushing it this much.

I will definitely build up to higher tension more slowly, and start by increasing time rather than intensity. Also, I've been thinking the same thing about the pyramid strategy--starting traction with lower tension during the day and steadily increasing it. That seems like a good idea and I think I will try doing it that way.

I do feel like I normally am "feeling a stretch".
27 yr/o
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

melting

Quote from: MacMathuna on June 27, 2020, 09:48:20 AM
Do you recommend doing this? --stretching to the point where you can "barely take it"?  I feel like to would be too easy to go to far if you're pushing it this much.
It all depends on your case. If you're otherwise healthy and just have a plaque then you can do a lot. If you react to every inflammation or challenge with a new plaque then obviously not.

It's mostly an experience thing.. If you do it day1 then you will break your dick high %.
If you know what you do and know your limits you can go a lot further. There are people in penis enlargement who hang 15+lb from their dicks after getting used to it. Using a fulcrum(pinpointing the stretch to the plaque), while at maximum stretch the extender allows, is very intense too.

In any case.. You can stretch a material at once/fast to breaking point or by applying a force for a long time.
Always safer to work(increase) with time first than with intensity cause it allows to observe where it's going. At best enough to stretch or break up the plaque while the healthy tissue is still in "flexible mode".

pyramid strategy
Which also includes going down the pyramid.. Once the maximum(personal) stretch is applied loosening the stretch is enough to keep a longer stretch than when you started the day.  
Doing this in a very intense way lots of time.. sometimes next day there's still stretch there and you should just keep going down the pyramid the next day instead of again going up and down. The stretch carries on.

So micro - day and macro - week or more. I wouldn't go all out 16h everyday. More like once a week.
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)