Traction while sleeping

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr man

Hello fellow recoverers,
Am toying with trying out an overnight contraction device. Thinking phallosan Forte, or similar copy cat devices. Total man sell a promising looking cheaper one.
Is overnight tractiion a good idea? Or would it be best to allow penis to rest and regenerate? Or am I on the wrong way of thinking. Am not a doctor and don't know much about penile tissue. Does it need to recover while sleeping like muscle does?
Am happy with my progress so far, but please could somebody shed some light on the subject. Perhaps someone who has been doing contraction while sleeping?
Is overnight contraction a good idea?

Latest routine. Started l-lysine 3mg daily, l-proline 5mg daily. Increased vit c intake. Accompanied with almost daily vacuum therapy. Pumping to 100% Exercise caution! Made good progress. L arginine supplements and prescribed potaba are helping.

Pfract

Overnight traction is a no go, unless you want to risk a penile fracture. You have no idea if you are going to turn in your sleed and constrain your penis, or bend it in any way. I repeat, do not do it.

projectpd

it's a separate question whether sleeping could cause some inadvertent injury, than the question if tension while sleeping would interfere with response. I don't think anyone knows.
I saw an unsettling program yesterday featuring a tribe (Suri I think) where women who managed to wear the biggest lip plates were the most valued for marriage. I bet they might have some idea.
Age 57, Onset 2010, 2" shortening, shrinking and angulation of glans, weaker erections, 30 degree bend. Mild pain few months, but far from worst symptom. Tried many ideas, not just from here, but not consistently. Moderate improvement, maybe 40%

Hawk

I have a different point of view.  The danger with traction while sleeping is that if it is a standard extension rod device that straps the penis tightly in then it could restrict blood flow.  Such traction devices should be removed after a couple of hours and kept off for at least an hour.  I routinely went to sleep with traction on every night and woke up when it uncomfortable after about 1 1/2 hours and I am a VERY sound sleeper.  I got to the point I could remove the traction device without fully waking.

Some of the more gentile devices that place suction on the head of the penis and just stretch with elastic bands should be even easier to use.  Just be cautious.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums