Putting in an Implant with Existing Hourglassing

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeSmith

I have seen a few docs & it's looking more like I want / need the implant.  

However, they all tell me that the narrowed area is going to be a challenge because it's all scar tissue.  Maybe the implant can push it out over time - but on the other hand they might have to put in a very very small implant to fit in there, and then my whole girth will be extremely narrow.

The other option is to do a more agressive dilation in the area but it is close to the glans and also the surgeons want to do the least traumaitc approach in all cases...the more agressively they act, the more scar tissue i make.

Finally, with people who have had implants - can you still feel all the scar tissue and nodules?

jackp

MikeSmith

For anyone else curious - I got different answers to this from 3 doctors since I last posted that.

1.  Doc 1 (100+ implants per year - AMS) - The implant can push out the hourglass over time.  I'd give it 2 years and you won't be able to see it anymore - if you're lucky.  There are no guarantees though, since this area has lost elastin.
2.  Doc 2 (over 200 implants per year - coloplast) -  (Mostly agreed with Doc 1 and added:)  The place of the shaft where you have hourglassing determines how well the implant can push it out. If it's right below the head, you're not going to have the best results expanding it with an implant.  (I didn't understand the remember why, but I think the cylinders narrow at the top).  Also, if you leave it inflated all the time to expand it - it might get a little bigger - but the downside is your skin will thin.  
3.  Doc 3 (100+ implants per year - coloplast) - The implant might not expand this area very well & you will always see the hourglass.  You should have grafting / incision / excision first - then worry about an implant.  You still have function anyway.

Me:  Will the hourglassed area restrict the degree to which the rest of the implant will inflate?

3.  Doc 3 - no