Greetings to Everyone!

Previous topic - Next topic

newAgeMan2112

Hello everyone:

We all know why I am here. This message board is simply amazing! I'm so glad there is something like this out there for people like us suffering from this disease. I've read quite a bit of the posts but I have much more to read!

Here's a quick summary of my situation. Woke up one day in summer 2019 with what looked like small cigar-shaped welt near the left side just under the head of my penis. I noticed that my penis was crooked and the head was not not perfectly symmetrical to my view (usually perfectly centered and not twisted to the left or the right). I didn't give it much thought thinking it was a temporary thing where maybe I slept wrong and it got bound up somehow in my pajamas. Life went on.

In the coming weeks, things got worse and my Peyronie's truly set in. I felt lumps on the underbelly of my penis shaft in line with the 'muscle' or hard tissue that runs the length of the underside of my penis. The lumps were directly in line with that tissue and my penis bent in the middle of the shaft so that it's literally almost a right angle of sorts with the penis head facing downward. I still didn't freak out but started to get concerned. But, again, I thought the condition would fix itself. I didn't know anything about Peyronie's disease that this point.

Three weeks later, it was the same. The initial pain I was feeling anytime I got an erection subsided but the very sharp downward curve (starting from the middle of my shaft) continued. At this point, I made an appointment with a urologist. It was there that I learned about what I had and the limits to treating it. This was around October 2019.

Here's what he recommended:
-gently remodeling the penis when both soft and hard (but more gently when hard), which sounds a lot like the traction methods I have read on this discussion board.
-He also recommended medication (more on that below)
-We talked about the injections and surgery and he advised against them until other things were tried because he viewed it as 'risky'.

I took Probenecid-Colchicine (usually prescribed for gout but he said there's a 1 in 3 chance it can help[ with my condition) for about 3 weeks and then stopped taking it. I'm getting ready to start the 2 pill a day regimen again since I never followed his original recommendation of taking the medicine for 6 months.

And here I am today with an almost 90 degree downward curve still. I'm so thankful for this message board. Lots of good information here! Thanks for the chance to join this board!
Age 51 - Peyronies Disease since July 2019. A very angled downward bend at the middle of the shaft with plaque 'bumps' along the muscle line on the underside. Bend is almost 90 degrees when fully erect. Ordering a RestoreX on 9/3/20 and researching/considering VED

TonySa

Welcome and be sure to read the survival guide and bring back your questions. https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,3180.msg44057.html#msg44057  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

newAgeMan2112

Thanks! I'm reading this now! I appreciate it!
Age 51 - Peyronies Disease since July 2019. A very angled downward bend at the middle of the shaft with plaque 'bumps' along the muscle line on the underside. Bend is almost 90 degrees when fully erect. Ordering a RestoreX on 9/3/20 and researching/considering VED

melting

If you solve any possible underlying issues and have no pain you can use traction to slowly bend against the curve.(but read up on it so you know what you're doing)
Colchicine can calm down inflammation, so if you have any it might help.
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)