Probenecid-Colchicine

Previous topic - Next topic

newAgeMan2112

My doctor prescribed a medicine that's used to treat gout. He told me that there's a 1 in 3 chance that it can fix the problem. I accepted the medicine and tried it for a few weeks. (He wanted me to take it for SIX MONTHS).

The medicine is called Probenecid-Colchicine.

He told me to take it twice a day for 6 months. But, after a few weeks, I got discouraged and stopped taking it (stupid decision on my part!). Just yesterday, after a full year of this now, I decided to give it another shot. I'm back on the meds and will go the full 6 months as he recommended. But now, I think it may be too late and the tissue seems to have 'settled' to what it is now (the 'chronic' phase?). I'm going to try though.

MY QUESTION

Has anybody been prescribed this drug? The 'name' of the drug might be the generic name but I know it's definitely for the treatment of gout. Any input (or even possible success stories) would be wonderful to hear. ALL news from anyone who's tried this, good or bad, is good information to me. (Thanks in advance!)

Thanks!
Age 51 - Peyronies Disease since July 2019. A very angled downward bend at the middle of the shaft with plaque 'bumps' along the muscle line on the underside. Bend is almost 90 degrees when fully erect. Ordering a RestoreX on 9/3/20 and researching/considering VED

newAgeMan2112

UPDATE: I searched the board and read anything and everything to do with Colchicine. There was a lot of good information but there's one thing I didn't find.

Has anyone had a huge success rate with this drug? Anyone get healed and cured completely?

I guess I'm just trying to decide whether it's worth trying again. Any help is appreciated.
Age 51 - Peyronies Disease since July 2019. A very angled downward bend at the middle of the shaft with plaque 'bumps' along the muscle line on the underside. Bend is almost 90 degrees when fully erect. Ordering a RestoreX on 9/3/20 and researching/considering VED

RandyPE

I've never heard of it.  But would be interested if it's effective.
Peyronie's since 2017
Have tried: X4Labs Extender; Phallosan; Jelqing; Manual Massage & Stretches; VED Pump; DMSO + Iodine, Vit E; Ultrasound.
Curve gone from 90 degrees to 20.
Still have hour glassing, which I HATE
Open to new suggestions & ideas.

Hawk

I took it and go no positive results.  If you read the potential side-effect it is sobering.  I realize everyone does not get every side-effect but it reads like a strong chemo drug for cancer.

It did reduce my white blood cell count and the doctor took me off of it.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

melting

Highly unlikely that there's any 1 pill out there that on its own heals peyronies. It's a multitude of treatments some use to get this problem solved.
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

Dr. Wawa

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions