Chapter 3, TDix's implant

Previous topic - Next topic

Roddy

You're doing great Tdix. Only day 4 for you and you're already looking forward to using your new dick. Like Hawk and Stepone have said, you'll never regret what you've done for a second. All of a sudden you'll be having the best sex of your life. Patience first tho, lots of healing to be done first, and maybe a fair amount of pain too. However, having lived through it all last year it's a life defining thing that you've done and if you read our journals as you lie around recuperating you'll learn so much. In particular, if you go back and read mine, you'll read about all the moaning I did, constant questions, the advice from the guys on here, and how it all came great from week 3-4 onwards. I'll be following your recovery every day. 👍🏻
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

TDix

Oh trust me I've read all your journals.  I know I will have some rough days ahead, but having read everything here I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

TDix

Taking daily pictures for documentation.  As much as it is weird showing off my junk online I hope it will help show others #1 how well Dr Yafi did, and #2 what to expect in the days post op leading to full healing

Thanks to Hawk for getting one of the pics up.  Hopefully I'll be able to get more up soon

TDix

https://youtu.be/rTMnz_OG9rk

Can definitely tell I'm healing!  My balls itch

TonySa

Wow, healing amazingly well for 3 days!
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

TDix

Day 5, swelling is pretty much gone.  A little more soreness than the last few days.  Not wearing jock strap today.  It seemed to keep everything tight and bunched up, which I think kept the swelling around.  Walking around in boxers today, which embarrasses my daughter😂

TonySa

You're well in your way to recovery!
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

TDix

Day 6, all swelling is gone.  No new bruises, but the ones I do have on both sides of the base hurt a little.  Scrotum hasn't swollen, so I can easily find my pump.  Still too sensitive to be pulling on it

Stepone

TDIX, you are doing well.

I am trying to remember, but it seems light years ago, I think they told me to take hot soakings in the tub. This helped with the inflation, the slight pulling of the pump, etc.
I was pretty worried about my  pump being too tight to the underside of penis, but my surgeon said to give it time, it will naturally fall over time. It did.
I would sit in our whirlpool tub with the heat and jets on, listening to NPR and having a beer every day. I was well taken care of. It made the passing of the inflation pain to go by more quickly.
Thanks for staying in touch.
StepOne
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

TDix

Dr Yafi told me not to soak until I see him next Monday.  Don't want any issues with my incision.  Incision doesn't hurt at all, in fact it's numb.

Roddy

You're healing well, TDix. Like Stepone I would advocate the hot bath when you are using your pump and cycling but obviously that is not until next week when Dr Yafi gives you the go ahead.  
Aged 51 congenital curvature and then Peyronies onset, excision and grafting not successful,
Coloplast Titan implant on June 3rd, 2019 (aged 47) to correct a 90 degree bend
Dr. Mike Fraser - Glasgow, Scotland.

TDix

What I love about Dr Yafi is I can email him any concerns, and he responds within minutes!  I know not to email him on his surgery days.  So far everything is better than normal.  I am healing extemely well according to him.  Hawk, I really feel he should be on the list of recommended surgeons.  I know I am biased, but when I can post pics, you will see how well things have been not even a week post op.  That doesn't happen when the surgeon doesn't know what he's doing

Hawk

Interesting protocol differences with doctors.  I asked Dr. Eid if I should pull down on the pump and he was adamant.  He said "No,  It is already scaring in place leave it alone except to operate the pump.  I then said "Well I had read that it can scar to or adhere to the scrotum.  Coming from Dr. Eid this was a bit out of character.  He said "That is BS" !  The only time a pump adheres to the scrotum is you have an infection and there is only one solution to that"

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

TDix

I'm not sure why Dr Yafi said to pull on pump when I can.  I asked him today since I can't due to tenderness and he said not to worry about it.  Maybe just to keep it from migrating?🤷🏻‍♂️

Stepone

I would go with what Hawk and Dr. Eid. said.......when I said I would pull on mine, it was more like a just move it around where it was, not a true pull. And this was only after they told me I could pump.
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC

TDix

Dr Yafi just got back to me.  I guess I misheard him!  Haha!  He said "IF" I pulled on the pump between now and my next visit try to find the deflate valve to familiarize me with the pump.  He was like "I didn't say to pull on it!  You can if you want but you don't have to😂"

TDix

I apologize if some of my reporting isn't 100% accurate.  I always say "I'm going to ask this and this and this" and when I go to the office sometimes the Dr is like the teacher in the Peanuts!  That's why I have been reaching out to Yafi to clarify some stuff.  Bear with me guys

TonySa

I pulled (tugged gently) on my first implant pump and regretted at it as it moved the placement lower-making it look like I only had one testicle—I caution against it unless doc recommends it for a specific reason.

TDix

TDix

Hawk

TDix, Could you make it larger you dick is only 17" inches long on my screen.  It almost knocked me off the chair when I clicked on your post.   :o :D :o ;D :D

You are progressing great.  Are you marking a count down on your calendar?  I am anxious to hear how it goes when you inflate.  I was inflating at day 3 and it was kinds brutal.

Let me recommend you put like Post-Op Day 6  or such consistently
at the beginning of every post whether text or photos so people can get more out of your journal and scroll through it quickly seeing where you were at different stages.

TDix

I guess I'm subconsciously overcompensating 😂

TDix

I am nervous about next Monday.  I know dr Yafi is going to inflate me and I know it's going to be painful.  No pain no gain right?

Hawk

I am not sure it will be painfully.  You will have had about 2 weeks healing time and the pain is mostly two ford
1. Depressing the pump ball with the skin of the scrotum
2. Duration of inflation.  It hurts much more after 15 minutes than it does after 5 minutes.

So a pump um and deflate should not be bad on the penis.  If he inflates, deflates, then tells you to do it, your scrotum will be where you feel it would be my guess.

TDix

I will definitely let everyone know.  Nothing really has changed between yesterday and today other than I feel less soreness every day.  If anything changes I will post it

Hawk

Don't expect every day to be better than the day before.  I found that at least with me that there were fluctuations, probably normal for healing and differing degrees of activity day to day etc.but every week is definitely better than the week before.  It is not a sprint.  Though most of the discomfort will be gone by 3 months, things will improve between 3 months and 6 months.  Some subtle things improve up to and even beyond the 1 year mark, such as softening of the cylinders.  

TDix

Just got back from two week check up with Dr Yafi.  No more bruising or swelling.  Dr said I heal extremely well.  Pumped me up to about 80% and then had me deflate.  Very easy, and just slight discomfort due to tenderness.  Wants me cycling for the next 3 weeks.  Said everything looks great!

TDix

Hawk

Great progress.  I don't quite understand the 3 weeks.  Does that mean then sex or ..........?

Also when he says cycle did he say how often and how long?

Finally, are you able to soak in a tub yet?  It really helps cycling.

TDix

3 weeks is until I see him again.  I'm assuming that yes it will be the all clear for sex.  I do have the all clear for soaking, but honestly, I never even needed ice these past two weeks!   Cycling, he said at least 20 min a day.  More if I'm up to it.  He doesn't want me in any pain

TDix

I've been here for over 3 years.  I have on numerous occasions recommended and pushed Dr Yafi.  Seems if your name isn't Eid, you're not good enough.  Book your flights to NY.  Get the best superhero urologist in Eid, no matter the cost.  Mic drop!  Oh and remove Kramer from the list!

Hawk

Quote from: TDix on August 25, 2020, 03:27:22 AM
I've been here for over 3 years.  I have on numerous occasions recommended and pushed Dr Yafi.  Seems if your name isn't Eid, you're not good enough.  Book your flights to NY.  Get the best superhero urologist in Eid, no matter the cost.  Mic drop!  Oh and remove Kramer from the list!

I think I covered this in detail when I responded to your PM.  If you want to discuss this here I am happy to post my reply and have a full forum discussion to get input from others.  I am not sure I understand your dissatisfaction ot the proposed solution.  We have several names on our implant surgeon list and hope people like you will help us build a bigger list.  I am sure you would agree that being 3 weeks out of surgery is not a successful implant journey however.

TDix

You are right Hawk, and I apologize for ranting.  I trip out on people that post all their laundry on sites like Facebook looking for some sort of self esteem through other people and here I am doing the same damn thing on this site.  I understand the need to totally vet out a surgeon, and understand that while I am over the moon in regard to my surgeon, there just isn't enough evidence to point people in his direction.  A bit too many beers last night and I crossed the line.  Sorry guys

Hawk

Its not a problem TDix.  I respect you for acknowledging it and moving on.

Hawk

I am interested in that he "does not want you to hurt".  It almost makes me laugh because my recover was all about watching the second hand and literally counting down until I could hit that damn release button.  The hot was (very hot) made it bearable longer and I think (but don't know) accounted for my size gains because of longer early stretch times.  I think without that I would have made the same eventual gains maybe but over a much longer period of time.

TDix

I measured myself two days before surgery, and bone pressed I was 6.5".  I just pumped myself up for the first time this morning, and I am 6.5"!  I may even gain back some of the .5" I lost to peyronie's  

bustedchubb

That's awesome news!  How much did you get back from your first excision and grafting surgery?  
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

TDix

I was around 6" after my first surgery and got back to 6.5".  I never really measured myself prior to getting peyronie's as I am in a long term marriage and there really wasn't a need to see how long I was!  My wife was happy and I have two beautiful children.  I will say I feel I was prob around 7" though in my prime

TDix

Dr Yafi emailed me to "remind" me....no sex!  He knows me well.  I wouldn't but man the temptation is definitely there.  Rock hard 6.5" ready for action.....in a few weeks😂

Hawk

You will defiitely gain some more lenth.   woud bet big money on that.  When you pump up the bulb gets quite hard to pump.  Usually after 5 minutes you will stretch and beable to get another couple pumps.  If you are doing that and feeling no pain after 20 minutes I am suprised.  

I will be suprised if you manage to hold out 3 more full weeks.  You best not even start kissing or embracing or all resistance will disolve.

TDix

Cycling is actually kind of enjoying to me.  To see that I can get very hard, total rigidity, is something I haven't had in a long time.  Also to know this new toy of mine could last all day if I wanted is exciting.  Slight pain, but nothing unbearable and knowing it is stretching the tissues makes it a worthwhile pursuit.  Watch out wife, I've got a weapon now😂

Hawk

You know you need a concealed carry permit now.  I think pain is equal to stretch.  There was certainly a correlation for me.  The greater my discomfort with cycling twice a day the faster I was gaining length.  As the intensity of discomfort decreased the rate of gain decreased. Whether there was a direct correlation I can only speculate.

Stepone

Tdix, glad you are doing so well!
I know you have to wait, but it is exciting to hear that the time will come when you can put it to the test.
Best wishes.

StepOne

TDix

5 days of cycling and inflating/deflating is no problem.  Can get about 45min/1hr before throwing in the white towel.  Wife likes the look and feel of it(hands only guys).  Can't wait to take it for a ride

Stepone

Thanks for sharing!
You are doing absolutely amazing.
So exciting.
StepOne  

TonySa

TDix

A newer form of Titan with softer tips and a zero degree of something haha

Hawk

I think all Titan's are Zero Degree which has to do with the angle of the tubing connection to the proximal base of the cylinder..  Coloplast does not list a separate "zero degree" device only the Titan and the Titan Touch.  Here is the info on the Titan Touch.

Key Features and Advantages:

• Touch pump: one touch of the deflate button allows for easy deflation of the device¹  
• The Bioflex® material of the cylinders allows for unmatched cylinder strength, girth and rigidity¹
• Reduced risk of auto-inflation with Lock-out™ valve on the Cloverleaf reservoir¹
• Hydrophilic coating to allow a physician to use the aqueous solution of their choice to minimize infection risk and aid in surgical placement²
• Zero degree angle proximal base input tubing for ease of surgical placement¹
• Soft molded tip designed for optimal anatomic positioning¹
• Tubing length varies depending on length of cylinder to allow for proper pump placement

TDix

Stepone

I am impressed. Looks great.
Younger penises sure do heal a lot faster, lol!
The countdown is happening.
I still can't get over how good it looks, would never know you had surgery!!!
Perfect
StepOne