Can a shaving cut with hair clippers cause peyronies

Previous topic - Next topic

Markyj

I nicked myself at the base of the shaft with my hair clippers at the base where there is more skin and it bled for at least a few minutes.   Could this cause peyronies or would it have to be a really significant cut? I don't have any symtoms at this time but I only askthis because I was told I am gentically predisposed to peyronies due to another condition I have (Dupyurens).  Thanks for any info!
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

No way that would cause Peyronie's, you can rest easy.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Markyj

Quote from: TonySa on June 10, 2020, 11:17:27 PM
No way that would cause Peyronie's, you can rest easy.

Ah ok, thanks for the reply.  Would a cut have to be pretty severe and deep for it to cause peyronies?  

BrettC

A cut would never really cause Peyronie's as I understand it.  

Two things would - a genetic predisposition to the condition or something heavy coming down hard on your erect penis (like a partner).  Either trauma to the penis through force and bending or the trigger of low testosterone mixed with a genetic tendency to get it.  Men of European heritage are more likely to have the genetic trigger.  
52 years old
Diagnosed 5 years ago with an upward curve of 60-65 degrees.
Completed one full round of treatments with Xiaflex (8 injections)  Measured curve 40-45 degrees after that
Using Restorex and took oral medications as well (Pentox Cials)

Markyj

Quote from: BrettC on June 11, 2020, 11:31:17 AM
A cut would never really cause Peyronie's as I understand it.  

Two things would - a genetic predisposition to the condition or something heavy coming down hard on your erect penis (like a partner).  Either trauma to the penis through force and bending or the trigger of low testosterone mixed with a genetic tendency to get it.  Men of European heritage are more likely to have the genetic trigger.

I thought maybe a cut or puncture through the tunica could cause it if it healed wrong. But maybe it isn't possible for a hair clippers to cut that deep since the blades are slightly behind a fixed guard?

Markyj

So do any of you think this is even possible?  I don't want to go to the doctor if this is just health anxiety and a hair clipper cut on the base of the penis can't even cut deep enough to cause peyronies. Thanks everyone!  

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.