Why - 1 Year Update Sept 24, 2010

Previous topic - Next topic

why

Age at onset: 57

My story just started 9/15/2009:  I Woke up with a bad pain.  Went to the bathroom to have a look and was horrified to see my penis bent back at the head!  I hoped this was just a bad dream and went back to sleep.  Next day discovered it was the same.  Has gotten worse since.  I have spent hours every day on the internet to understand this condition.  Im happy to find this forum.  

After researching on the internet I pretty much could understand my condition.  I went to a doctor to get a confirmation and maybe some encouraging words.  he agreed it was Peyronies Disease but could not offer any advice on treatment, in fact I think i knew more about it than he did.  He presented the official line to wait and see what happens and maybe surgery if things got worse.  I told him it was difficult to sleep since i am waking up every two hours with painful erections.  He advised ibuprofen.  Im not willing to just wait.  Based on information from various sites i have started a program of treatment.  Vitamin E, C, L-Arginine, L-Carnitine, MSM.  I apply heat and massage with Vit E oil.  I then apply DMSO.  I can only hope and pray that there will be improvement.  I am 57.  I cannot think of any event that might have caused injury.  

Psychological Impact - This has been very difficult emotionally.  Since the onset of this condition I have avoided sexual contact with my wife and attempted to hide my condition from her.  I was hoping for some spontaneous remission.  I am embarrassed for her to see my deformed penis and erections are painful.  I cannot imagine going the rest of my life like this.  I am trying to remain hopeful and keep my spirits up but I can see that it would be easy to fall into a depression.  This site provides good information and needed support for those inflicted with Peyronies Disease.  Good luck to all.

1 Year Update Sept 24, 2010: Visits to doctors have been disappointing.  I have spent countless hours researching this disease.  My self-treatment has included Pentox, vitamin E, L-Arginine, L- Carentine, Gotu-Kola, DMSO, and MSM.  All without improvement.  I did a 2 month stint with a VED, but I believe it worsened the situation, as I now have developed "waisting" and more severe bending.  Erections are painful.

Update on Psychological Impact - The first few months were very difficult emotionally.  I avoided sexual contact with my wife and attempted to hide my condition from her.  I was hoping for some spontaneous remission.  After a year the shock has worn off.  I eventually informed my wife and sexual intercourse has resumed.  I am happy to say that intercourse, though somewhat painful, is still pleasureable to us both.  The condition requires some adjustments in technique.  Because of the severe bend it is impossible to insert the penis when fully erect.  Using  a generous amount of lubrication I insert my penis in a semi-erect state.  I believe her vagina prevents my penis from bending completely when fully erect making intercourse possible.  Though this is somewhat painful for me it is still pleasurable and orgasm is obtained. Strangely, my wife says she can not feel anything unusual.  To prevent the penis from slipping out she props up her hips with a pillow and I use only short movements. I am also fearful of causing additional injury.  I am embarrassed by my condition and I am not the same man as before.  

Where I am today and future plans -This is always on my mind.  I have considered surgery as a last resort but I am still hoping for some noninvasive solution.  My best wishes to all in this forum ...and good luck.

Edited by Administrator for proper format
Hawk