Restorex - Clamping Issues + curve being too close to body

Previous topic - Next topic

doobie3

Hey Guys

So I started using the restorex device today and boy is it a weird feeling. I have a stretched penile length of about 4.5 - 5 inches and I felt that clamping down the head was a bit of a challenge. My head isn't very large to begin with and I felt that I had to stretch to get penis into the device in the first place. Both these factors led me to have to clamp down the bar part of the head clamp on the head of my penis which was kinda uncomfortable. Has anyone else had this issue? Any tips?

Oh and my curve is approximately an inch and a half from my body and since I'm not the most well endowed man out there, I cant shift the hinge back at all. Hoping this doesn't make the device ineffective  :-[ :-[
22 yrs old - first noticed peyronies in June 2018, 30-35 degree curve, April 2020 - Consulted Dr. Ronald Suh - Advised against Xiaflex - Currently using Restorex Device

Pfract

So I started using the restorex device today and boy is it a weird feeling. I have a stretched penile length of about 4.5 - 5 inches and I felt that clamping down the head was a bit of a challenge. My head isn't very large to begin with and I felt that I had to stretch to get penis into the device in the first place. Both these factors led me to have to clamp down the bar part of the head clamp on the head of my penis which was kinda uncomfortable. Has anyone else had this issue? Any tips?

Oh and my curve is approximately an inch and a half from my body and since I'm not the most well endowed man out there, I cant shift the hinge back at all. Hoping this doesn't make the device ineffective  :-[ :-[

Hello Doobie3! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I don't know if you have given a look at the website, other than the buying section, but the training part offers good video instructions. On top of this, there are some posts on the board dealing with this very issue. I also have some pdf's that were shared on this very matter, and i will try to attach them as well.
It is okay to insert the device, then detach the clamp from the device, clamp it down and then proceed to reattach it to the device and start stretching since clamping down is not a problem.

I am not sure if it's on the manual, or in one of his instruction videos, but even on curvatures like yours, it's okay that it doesn't bend exactly where the curve is. There is still potential to improve your curvature by using the device and bending it.

https://www.restorex.com/dr-trosts-advanced-instructions/

*i will add more pdf later. I would love to hear back from you with feedback on this.

bustedchubb

Thank you both for the question and the answer.  I had the same problem with the RestoreX and ultimate had to stop using it due to developing worse hourglassing across the top.  Once things settle down, I'm going to fire it up again with these tips n tricks in mind.
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

peter123

Quote from: bustedchubb on May 06, 2020, 02:34:35 PM
Thank you both for the question and the answer.  I had the same problem with the RestoreX and ultimate had to stop using it due to developing worse hourglassing across the top.  Once things settle down, I'm going to fire it up again with these tips n tricks in mind.

If you only knew how much more depressed and suicidal your comments on this forum make me. I also cnat decide whether it is made up or not. I studies people have gotten better with RestoreX without many issues and here you are getting worse hourglassing which in my opinion is the death sentence deformity and you claim it has worsened your curvature. Imagine being a cancer patient and trying a. Regimen that'll either help you or cause further metastasis. Because that's what it is. It appears to be a crap shot and people anxious about traction makifn their condition worse will be rendered impotent by reading comments like this. What the F~@< is one supposed to do
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR REPEATED RULE VIOLATIONS He never had Peyronies Disease but has body dysmorphia and his pastime was to attack all treatments, medical resources, and opinions.

TonySa

Peter, I'd suggest you stop reading about Peyronie's as you have one lump and the andrologist has cleared you.  I think you're focusing on Peyronie's is exacerbating your severe body dysmorphia that you have Described.  How about finding a good support forum for that condition do as to lessen your emotional pain rather than increasing it?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

peter123

Quote from: TonySa on July 28, 2020, 08:50:09 PM
Peter, I'd suggest you stop reading about Peyronie's as you have one lump and the andrologist has cleared you.  I think you're focusing on Peyronie's is exacerbating your severe body dysmorphia that you have Described.  How about finding a good support forum for that condition do as to lessen your emotional pain rather than increasing it?

dude i have a 4mm indentation and substantial loss of girth where this lump is. this is not in my head. and I have pain, all the time
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR REPEATED RULE VIOLATIONS He never had Peyronies Disease but has body dysmorphia and his pastime was to attack all treatments, medical resources, and opinions.

TonySa

It may seem like that but without objective before and after measurements it could seem more extreme than it is.  That said, it was only meant to be helpful advice...feel free to disregard it.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

BrettC

I actually wrap the head of my penis and around where it is going to bend in the Restorex device with medical self adhesive tape.  That seems to help me with the clamping and the bending action of the device with less popping out.  But I do find the contraption itself a bit frustrating.  I pop out unless that clamp is on VERY snug.  It does cause a temporary indention, but that disappears quickly after I stop a session. Sometimes I have trouble stretching at first to get the head up into the clamp at the start.  But after a warm up it gets easier...

Don't worry if the bend is not over your plaque - it doesn't have to be.  Keep as much traction on everything as you can tolerate.  

52 years old
Diagnosed 5 years ago with an upward curve of 60-65 degrees.
Completed one full round of treatments with Xiaflex (8 injections)  Measured curve 40-45 degrees after that
Using Restorex and took oral medications as well (Pentox Cials)

peter123

Quote from: BrettC on July 29, 2020, 03:39:13 PM
I actually wrap the head of my penis and around where it is going to bend in the Restorex device with medical self adhesive tape.  That seems to help me with the clamping and the bending action of the device with less popping out.  But I do find the contraption itself a bit frustrating.  I pop out unless that clamp is on VERY snug.  It does cause a temporary indention, but that disappears quickly after I stop a session. Sometimes I have trouble stretching at first to get the head up into the clamp at the start.  But after a warm up it gets easier...

Don't worry if the bend is not over your plaque - it doesn't have to be.  Keep as much traction on everything as you can tolerate.

what if one is too afraid of causing more inflammation therefore making bend and hour glassing worse?

TonySa

Traction does not make things worse unless you overdo it.  Just start slow and back off if any pain.

peter123

Quote from: TonySa on July 29, 2020, 06:35:24 PM
Traction does not make things worse unless you overdo it.  Just start slow and back off if any pain.

im just saying I have read many reports on this forum suggesting even light traction can make stuff like hour glassing worse

TonySa

One can always find someone who says everything they tried made it worse...we need to look at the studies and the majority of opinions here on any given approach.  Otherwise, folks will be immobilized and hopeless regarding all treatment.