DMSO and ascorbic acid? Good? Bad?

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMathuna

I know the user melting recommends a DMSO mix with asorbic acid aka bitumen c.

A lot of users say that vitamin c is bad for peyronie's because it encourages collogen production or something like that.  

I've been using this mix but I'm worried. Could I be making things worse??
27 yr/o
Symptoms presented August 20, 2019
Slight bend to the left and down
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

melting

Well I was mentioned... ;)

Quotevitamin c is bad for peyronie's because it encourages collogen production or something like that.  

Theoretically collagen is good. It's a building block of tissue.  

Wikipedia on collagen and V-C:  

QuoteVitamin C deficiency causes scurvy, a serious and painful disease in which defective collagen prevents the formation of strong connective tissue. Gums deteriorate and bleed, with loss of teeth; skin discolors, and wounds do not heal. Prior to the 18th century, this condition was notorious among long-duration military, particularly naval, expeditions during which participants were deprived of foods containing vitamin C.

There are different versions of collagen. In a nicely healed tissue it will be very similar in structure to the original tissue.
In a badly healed tissue it will be too tough or weak. It's like a mesh comparable to a "crochet". In scars that mesh is often chaotic and messy.
What peyronies plaques and scars generally miss is elasticity. That's why we get these deformations cause naturally the penis is all about elasticity and the inelastic plaques prevent that.

Ascorbic acid is a building block of healthy collagen. If the body has no ascorbic acid it will just produce faulty collagen or other "fibrous material" to patch up the injury/inflammation. I suspect that this is happening a lot cause of the unusual position of the inflammation. It's hard for the body to deal with an injury there. Low bloodflow(tunica), no rest to heal cause of erections,(imagine stretching the skin of an open wound on your arm 10 times a day and night = bad scar. Also the reason why it makes no sense to use traction or VED on inflammed tissue).

I applied DMSO+ascorbic acid 3+ times a day for many successive weeks and never had any harmful side effects.  
Humans need vitamin C. One of the few species on earth that can't produce/synthesize it on our own. It's hard to have too much vitamin C and bad side effects are only seen in very large doses we never reach even if you apply the solution everyday 16 times(which I did with no ill effects)
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

NeoV

Vitamin C with DMSO, I would suspect would eradicate the inflammation responsible for Peyronie's, but that said, I would be afraid to try it. Very cool to see Melting chime in here!

Paolo

If your taking Vit C orally then use Ascorbyl palmitate, it is fat soluble and gets into every cell  :)
Paul.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

MacMathuna

Melting,

Ok but would vit c help at all if I've already got plaque formation?
If it helps build healthy tissue can this replace the scar tissue that's already formed in my penis?
27 yr/o
Symptoms presented August 20, 2019
Slight bend to the left and down
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

melting

Quote from: MacMathuna on May 05, 2020, 11:56:55 AM
Ok but would vit c help at all if I've already got plaque formation?
For various reasons, imo, yes. It's effects on calcium absorption(vs. calcification) and scar reduction(topical) and fibrosis you can find a lot in studies. It's also the safest, cheapest and most researched product you can combine with DMSO. Can do almost nothing wrong with vitamin C.

QuoteIf it helps build healthy tissue can this replace the scar tissue that's already formed in my penis?
To me it felt more like I'm dissolving the plaques, making them softer, more porous, which then in theory enables blood to circulate through them and the body "retaking the space". Vitamin C being present in that process makes sense to me.

I don't know the exact science behind this.  
I researched supplements and vitamins/minerals that are said to help with peyronies like tissues - scars, plaques, calcification, fibrosis etc. and then mixed them with DMSO to get them right to the plaque.

I used various dmso+X solutions, sometimes cycling them from application to application, "attacking the plaque from all angles".  
I basically threw everything that could help with the plaques at them.
(I also used VED and traction along dmso+x to stretch the plaques).
Daily Transdermals and Traction/VED solved my Peyronies Disease https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12587.0.html (DMSO+X)

Holistic

Hey Melting,

You previously mentioned the low molecular weight of Vit C and its ability to pair with DMSO...if I apply saturated Vit C water to my skin, will the vit C (being water soluble) be able to transdermally go through my skin or will it just stay on the surface?

I ask bc as i am waiting to gather my DMSO supplies, I have been saturating water with Vit C and applying it to my shaft a couple times a day.
32 yo. Unknown cause. 1st plaque proximal left base near pelvis 9/19. Expanded and shrunk after 8 mo by 50% (still working on it). Minor bend but malleable. 2nd small plaque 5/20 superficial distal right just under tip. Currently growing. No bend.

melting

Quote from: Holistic on July 11, 2020, 07:30:22 AM
will the vit C (being water soluble) be able to transdermally go through my skin

It's possibly some enters the top skin layers.
But it most probably wont penetrate beyond the deeper skin layers into the plaque.
It wont hurt but it's rather superficial what you do right now. What gets in will probably only go systemic into the bloodstream and most misses the plaques..

If you go down the DMSO path you might think about Magnesium too, rather cheap and is said to actually penetrate deeper, MgCl2(very cheap) aka magnesium oil when saturated in water. Iodine can get deeper on its own too. Something about minerals that make them penetrate on their own vs. vitamins..

Holistic

Im going to write that down and put it in the list of things to use with DMSO. Thanks!
32 yo. Unknown cause. 1st plaque proximal left base near pelvis 9/19. Expanded and shrunk after 8 mo by 50% (still working on it). Minor bend but malleable. 2nd small plaque 5/20 superficial distal right just under tip. Currently growing. No bend.