2020 implant procedure costs

Previous topic - Next topic

TonySa

Just saw my insurance statement.  The hospital billed $83k and the INS company paid $45k and my copay is $500.  I'm astounded at how much they are contracted to pay.

I have the Titan.  See: https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12937.0.html
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Pfract

That is insane! In Portugal it costs 13k euros. Around 14.000$ dollars US... For the whole device installed. Insane!  

TonySa

Especially considering Dr Eid and Kramer's pvt pay rate is around $20k!
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

Torontobased

Hi Tonysa,

Would someone without insurance have to pay all that out of pocket if they went to Dr. Karpman for surgery? I just had an initial consultation with him over zoom and was under the impression the procedure would be around $20,000- 30,000, not over 100,000.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

He roll give you the cost upfront I'm sure.  Are you looking for an implant and do you have a preference for Titan vs AMS?  

I received a corrected EOB.  Hospital billed $83k and insurance paid $45k which is still higher than pvt pay rate

SW01

Big difference in insurance vs private pay. Insurance gets billed for huge amounts but most are disallowed and they end up getting a lot less than they bill for.

Just make sure they know private pay and get cost estimate up front for a perfect install.  
Dealt with ED, Peyronies, & venous leak for 3 yrs.
implant on March 7, 2019 w/ a Titan 18 cm plus 1cm RTE
Revision after hernia surgery. Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY
Removed Titan and put in LGX 18 cm plus 2 RTE's, 20 cm total.

Torontobased

Hi Tonysa,

I'm leaning towards an implant due to hourglassing in two areas not just one, I think I would prefer the titan and it seems to add girth and have better tissue expanding capabilities from what I've read. I'm hoping some grafting can be done in combination to maximize any chance to regain some if any lost volume. I don't have insurance that would cover me in the u.s. so I would be doing a private payment for sure.  

TonySa

Good news, w the titan usually grafting isn't needed as it expands and stretches the hourglassing sections.  Will you consult w Dr Eid?

Torontobased

I will, just had my first online consultation with Dr. Karpman last week and am planning to book consultations with Eid and a few others mentioned on this site to compare what each says and what they can do. My main issue is severe girth loss around my entire penis that is most severe just below the glans and at the base, it's as if the plaques there are swallowing up all the rest of the tissue so to speak. I'm down at least 2.5 cm in girth if not more and at least 1 cm in length and it's still progressing very fast after 2.5+ years, I want to do all I can to regain those dimensions if I have to bite the bullet and get surgery anyways. Traction made me extremely worse and the VED doesn't seem to be much help, I'm really banking I can somehow come out of surgery with more instead of less despite knowing that's likely going to be the case, feeling my penis it feels like there almost no healthy tunica left just various small scars in different areas.  

Larry

Quote from: TonySa on April 22, 2020, 08:25:28 PM
Just saw my insurance statement.  The hospital billed $83k and the INS company paid $45k and my copay is $500.  I'm astounded at how much they are contracted to pay.

I have the Titan.  See: https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,12937.0.html

So are you on the hook for the remaining $37,500???  I am soooooooo glad to be a resident of Ontario Canada.  My implant (to fix all the botched surgeries) cost me $0.  Sorry for your crappy  luck. :(

Larry
54, 3 Botched Circumcisions, 3 botched Reconstructive Surgeries. 2021, my heroes - Dr's Brock, Richards and Gan... all highly respected international professors. AMS LGX 18 cm implant & Tummy Tuck March 2021.

TonySa

No, that was written off by the hospital-they are obligated to accept the contracted rate w the insurance company.  I've also asked for my $500 copay today be waived.