Anyone With a True Lateral Curvature Getting Xiaflex?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuke

I have a lateral curvature to my right mid shaft area (45%): The plaque is about 3 cm's and stabilized.  I will be seeing an individual certified in giving Xiaflex injections in less than 3 weeks, but recently read that a lateral curvature may be a problem, and that Xiaflex "is not" recommended to treat a true lateral curvature plaque.  I am unable to find anything more recent in the articles online regarding this. Hoping one of you fine folks may have experience with a lateral curve.  

For the record, I am very nervous and frightened about what I will have to go through, and the potential risks associated with it..appreciate any advice you folks have to get through this.

Thanks for any feedback!
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

It appears it has not been investigated w ventral curvatures.  Lateral and dorsal (upward) curvatures seem appropriateny treated w xiaflex.  Be sure to start traction a few days after the second injection until the next round to improve outcomes.  

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1756287218823671
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Nuke

Thanks for that link: that future stem cell therapy sounds promising and most appealing.  In my research, I saw information suggesting that a true lateral curve had more danger of a rupture during Xiaflex treatment due to a thinning of walls lining the corpora cavernosa .  Here is one of my concerns.  When I am performing modeling at home, is there a potential for inducing AR's like a rupture by ripping tissues during the stretching/modeling exercises?      
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

Maybe you could reference the article that gave you concern?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.