Why do we rarely talk about fascia on this forum?

Previous topic - Next topic

diehardpatriot

Why do we never talk about the bucks fascia or other fascia in the penis ? We only talk about the tunica that is under fascia .ive seen quite a few post but that's all.  Isn't is possible to fascia adhesions to form in the penis? Fascia can be injured anywhere else in our body, is our penis any different ? Let's discuss. Thanks  
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

Paolo

Yes, I think you are on to something here, due to micro-traumas over time through intercourse maybe the BF adheres to the Tunica Albuginea TA preventing a complete and full erection, this could also be one of the reasons for pain with Peyronie's, interesting hmmm  :-\ The question would be how to release said trauma??
Paul.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

bustedchubb

i agree with you, not much is talked about that at all even though the fascia is effected in penile trauma.   I have pretty large pads of thickening dorsal and distal that aren't from the Peyronie's disease plaque on the tunica.  They have been a great source of pain and really haven't budged at all after 5 months of disease progression.
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

diehardpatriot

Paolo: that's what I'm looking into. It's not like a chiro can give your penis an adjustemnt or use suction cups. The only thing I can think of is intense massage to break it up. That's what chiro do for some adhesions. However that's extremely risky and would not recommend that since it could cause more pain than help.

Bustedchubb: how you so sure the thickening isn't occurring on the tunica?  
Penis injury in late 2017. A lump formed at injury site that caused no deformity, just pain and a palpable lump. Pain is improving through proper rest and use, diet, and mindfulness. I am always learning and looking to share things that have helped.

bustedchubb

The only reason I feel that it isn't tunica tied, is that it seems to be connected directly to the surface skin and moves with it, where the tunica is stationary.  
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

diehardpatriot

Bustedchubb;: if you have any type of lump that moves with the skin, it is not muscle related. It's most likely a vein. People with scarring or anything of that short have lumps that do not move with the skin.  

desmondthethird

diehardpatriot: what type of pain are you experiencing as of now?
Myself, I have dull aching pretty much all day & every day. It feels like no matter what I do, my body just wants to deal with the injury on its own... not sure tho.
I'm still in active phase with one plaque only, causing both curve and immobility. Hasn't really gotten worse despite the constant aching (and sometimes throbbing pain that comes spontaneously).
My plaque is definitely in the tunica, and I still don't understand how these things can happen for so young people, without any severe trauma.
I've noticed that aloe Vera and dmso slightly lessens my plaque, but only temporarily.
- Desmond
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

diehardpatriot

Desmond: if you have aching ALL day chances are you are messing yourself up in one of these areas: stress, diet, or using your penis too much or too little. After an injury it should hurt a bit because pain = healing. I used to have chronic pain too. Now my pain only comes if use my penis too much. Read through my post and you'll find one about the different prongs of healing peyronies . Being young does not matter. Young people get cancer, diabetes, and all other sorts of problems. I hope by reading my post you choose to start fixing certain aspects of your lifestyle  

desmondthethird

thank you diehardpatriot for a well put response. I really appreciate it.
Stress is nothing that I'm affected of anymore, since I'm a very strong minded individual overall.
However, both diet and masturbating have been out of hand in these quarantine-days.
I haven't been to the gym in a month or more, and I eat pizza constantly. Way too much masturbation for a guy in my position as well.
What things do you include in your diet, patriot? I could use some tips.
Thanks again.
- Desmond

desmondthethird

Also, how long can it take for a penile injury to heal? Ultimately?  

diehardpatriot

Desmond: I'll answer your ?s

Diet: find an anti inflammatory diet that works for you. I recommend doing keto for a bit then cycling in and out of keto. A good resource to learn about this is siimland on YouTube as well as our forum member NeoV's youtube channel. Cut out sugar and refined carbohydrates as much as possible and start including more healthy fats like grass fed meat and different oils.

How long can it take to heal?: sorry to break it to you but, long... google soft tissue healing. On average soft tissue can take up to six weeks to heal and that's if you're doing it all right and resting it. After it heals it can take YEARS for the scar tissue to remodel and strengthen back to original strength. If you watch basketball, you know that when Derick rose injured his ACL he never came back the same. That's because it takes long for soft tissue to return to normal strength. You have to stick to a plan. But the body is amazing and will adapt. The body will always do it's best to restore normal function without pain.  

desmondthethird

Thank you, my friend.
Is there anything I can do to help the healing and smoothen our my curve? Like VED or traction? Anything you recommend?
I feel like the goal is to make the scar tissue look and act as much as the healthy tissue as possible.
The hard thing is to don't know if or when you're gonna heal.
But times is all we've got.
But then again, is there anything else I could do to help smoothen our the scar tissue? Make it act like healthy tissue? Sorry for a lot of text lol.
Appreciate the help I get.
- Desmond

jan.schaller1958

It would be nice to be able to easily explain the causes of this crappy disease, but it's not so easy. Just like everything else in human biology, the answers are basically unknowns, even by the experts who diagnose and treat Peyroines. Peyroines is a wound healing disorder. The normal penis endures micro trauma all the time, and injury even, and doesn't necessarily develop Peyroines. Repetitive micro-trauma to the tunica is a theory, but far from a proven fact. Why doesn't a micro-trauma just heal up normally, like it does in 90% of the male population without laying down plaque and abnormally healing? No one knows. That's the question. Penile injury doesn't fully explain Peyroines. It's just a theory and not well-understood. We know it runs in families, so that's part of it. But as far as the rest goes, it's cause is essentially unknown.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR RULE VIOLATIONS

KyleBroflovsky

Well, it's because it's probably very bad documented, i do believe i also have it, and yes, is due to trauma of some sort, i've got mine for incorrect usage of a penile extension device (tight noozle attachment), i believe the most correct name for it is "penile traumatic neuroma", it usually causes some numbness and even a possible cause of neurogenic ed,  is very, very bad documented, i've read about 10 cases described in the literature. Like any neuroma, it can heal on its's own, but it can take up to 12 months, besides that, if causes pain or numbness or any other symptom after that period, this could be solved with (very careful) surgery (last resort), medications or physical therapies like li-eswt (shockwave theraphy), indeed, for those with neurogenic ed, li-eswt is a very promissing possible solution. The link for an article in the subject: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5005295/.
PS: Sorry if i disobeyed any forum rules, this is my first post.
27 yo
Ringtypedent,injured my neurovascular bundle using a bad (cord type)penile extender during sleep(this injury made impotent and numb (soft glans) for a whole year, lumpformed), overpumped.
Used citrulin 2g, PMP, fasting, infrared, BEST->LIPUS