News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Hello

Previous topic - Next topic

cdub

Hello,

I'm 40 years old and I'm afraid I might have Peyronie's this time.  I say this time as I had a close call back in 2015 with some issues with my penis thanks to some exercises I was doing at the time.  

When I saw Dr. Levine in 2015 here is how the visit went.  Dr. Levine did a physical exam on me and in his diagnosis he found no scarring, no swelling, no tenderness, no discharge, no balanitis, no lesions, and no plaque.  Everything was normal with my penis and it showed extra nl elasticity.  He did an ultrasound and was not able to find any issues.  He said my penis is normal and healthy and I had nothing to worry about.  Erection was induced and no other issues were noted.  Things healed up and life went on.

This January I had decided to try and do some penis enlargement (PE) exercises for whatever reason?  Well I ended up hurting myself again.  This time I'm afraid it will be more serious as I have a large indentation or imprint on my penis now on the right underside near the base.  It's not painful currently, but to me it is really noticeable and I'm afraid it will spread and cause more damage to my penis.  The injury I'm not sure how it happened though.  I think it was PE induced.  I had some pain doing the exercises and I stopped for weeks, didn't notice any visual issues with my penis at that time.  But then, 3 weeks later some rough sex with my girlfriend on a Friday night, then that Saturday & Sunday I was doing some heavy masturbating and edging throughout both days, why I don't know?  The following Monday or Tuesday I noticed the indentation/imprint.  

I have another appointment with Dr. Levine this Friday.  I will post the results of my visit later that date.  I'm hoping I did not permanently damage myself this time.  I just want to do away with any of this PE stuff and get back to my normal life with a normal healthy penis and sex life.  I know that's what we all want.  Anyway thank you for providing this forum and for any advice.  So sad to read so many of the stories here but it is reassuring to know that there are options to fight against these issues and that we can combine our knowledge to do so.  Best of luck to all here.  
-cdub  
Large Indentation 3/16/20, lead to Penile Microfracture on 6/26/21.  Still suffering from large indentation, some wasting on other side of penis and large nodule when erect in center of penis (dorsal). Penis is straight & erections are good.

TonySa

Please let us know how it goes, he has a great reputation.  I appreciate you cautioning guys to the risk of PE exercises!
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

cdub

TonySa,

Thanks for your response.  Yes, I will report the feedback I receive from Dr. Levine. I will see him tomorrow morning.  I'm getting a lot of anxiety and losing sleep over this the last few nights.  I'm just really hoping this all clears up on it's own and it's not as bad as I think it is.  Only thing really to do now is wait and see what the Doctor is able to see.  

-cdub
Large Indentation 3/16/20, lead to Penile Microfracture on 6/26/21.  Still suffering from large indentation, some wasting on other side of penis and large nodule when erect in center of penis (dorsal). Penis is straight & erections are good.

cdub

I had my appointment with Dr. Levine this morning.

On physical examination they could not find any scarring in my flaccid penis.  
They did some nerve/sensation testing and everything was within normal ranges.
Ultrasound was performed on the flaccid penis and no scarring or plaques were observed.
An erection was induced and Ultrasound was done on the erect penis.  Once again no scarring or plaques were observed.

Dr. Levine did notice the indentation that I had going on on the underside of my penis on the right side.  This is my current issue.  He did make note of some measurements on my girth and how I had a slight loss in girth where the indentation is on my penis.  His explanation is that he did not think it was Peyronie's Disease.  Based on the information I told him, he said I had an injury or trauma localized to that area and I'm left with a current abnormality that may or may not go away.  I'm still able to have sex in a normal capacity and it does not hurt.  More on his explanation is that aging may be a factor and I was putting stressors on my penis that I should not have that led to the injury.  I asked if this could develop into Peyronie's beings this is a fairly new development (first noticed this around March 16th or 17th).  He said that could be a possibility, or it may stay the same, or it may go away on it's own.

Treatment.  He recommended a few options.  

a. Do nothing at all, and monitor the progression/regression  
b. Recommended a supplement called VitaFLUX to use 2 caps x 2 times a day (amino acids to vasodilate, help with wound healing)
c. Use an Extender (might be able to 'fill in' that indentation in time, but it is a commitment)
d. combo of b & d.

At this point I really don't want to risk anymore harm to my penis and I just want to get back to what it was before.  So my plan is to start the supplement and monitor my progress.  He said to contact him if I need him.  I might just schedule a follow-up with him in 6 months if things are staying the same or getting better just to make sure no under lying plaques/scarring had developed during the healing.  Of course if things deteriorate between now and then I will be checking back in with him before though.

I did ask specifically what he thought it was if it wasn't Peyronie's.  He didn't seem to have an exact answer.  I inquired about Mondors and Lymphaniosclerosis as well as those were two that were on my short list of on-line self-diagnosis.  He said it was not either of those.

So I feel like I had a 50/50 day as far as what I wanted to find out today.  I found out I don't have Peyronie's, but still not sure what happened and if my dick will go back to normal.  Also, there is a chance that I could still develop Peyronie's as well.  My plan is to do the supplement and monitor my progress.  Also to back way off on the masturbation/edging.  Limit myself to 2 times per week on my own and no edginig, and only use a fleshlight when I get off to limit any excessive gripping of the penis with masturbation.  Also, with sex with my ladyfriend, back off on the intensity of the hard, rough sex and also be very gentle if she rides on top (I am a little afraid of buckling in this position).  I think if I can stick to this protocol I give myself the best chance of making a full recovery, not hurting myself further, and improving my erection quality as well.

I will be creating a separate post to monitor my progress.  Even if it's not Peyronie's I think it would be good to document here as someone else might be suffering with similar issues.  I will be uploading pictures flaccid and erect.  

Thank you,

cdub