VED - usage difficulties

Previous topic - Next topic

acetyl

I've been using the 3 cylinder VED therapy for Peyronies an frequently when using the medium or especially the large cylinder (but not the small) it seems that I am some drawing blood into the shaft but also into the base of the penis causing a bulge at the base on either side of the shaft when pressure is applied to the device.  This condition returns to normal each time pressure is released.   I have slowed down on the rate of VED repetitions (one pump every 4-5 seconds) and that helps somewhat but not completely.  So I experience these bulges at the base near the scrotum and don't get full erections through the shaft- unless I am actually aroused in which case I do get complete erections and little or no bulge.  Wondering if others have experienced similar problems and if so if you have found a remedy.
Thanks for any advice!  

Mel

Two weeks ago I purchased the Soma ED from my Urologist. I brought it home, read the instructions and used it once a day according to the protocol  for seven straight days. On the eighth day I had problems (I thought) and called Augusta Medical Systems. They told me to send the pump head in so I did. They sent it back saying there was nothing wrong with the pump head. But I still can`t get it to work. Or at least if it is, it isn`t working like it did the first seven days. During those days I could only pump it three time without a great deal of pain, so I stopped at three. When I finished the protocol my penis would be red from the blood flowing in it. Now then I can pump it eight or ten times and there is no pain. Like I say, if it is working, it sure isn`t working like it did.

I have gone back over the instructions and followed them to the letter. I have called Augusta and the lady that I talked to says they test these pump heads on a machine, so she is certain that it is working properly and that the problem is me, which it probably is.

Anybody with suggestions.

Melvin

Mike_O

Are you pulling in extra skin at the base? Is this extra skin causing the bulge?

Mike_O

I am not quite clear on the pain versus no pain and the number of pumps.

Either you are getting a vacuum or you are not - this is the first test. Assemble your VED. Take a piece of plastic wrap from the kitchen and wrap over the open end of the VED. Pump. You should see the plastic wrap draw into the cylinder. If the plastic does not draw into the cylinder then there's a leak. Find the leak. It might be in the sizing ring or the O-ring on the pump. I find that a light coat of silicone lubricant on the O-ring and sizing ring helps to stop leaks. You can also examine the base of the pump and you will see a couple of openings - experiment to see if either will suck air when pumping.

I suggest you not complicate the problem by adding body parts into the equation here.

If you are still having problems, get either Augusta or your physician on the phone - they got paid, you deserve a bit of help.

Let us know what you discover - we'll try to help.

Mel

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion and the pump is working. I just wasn`t getting a good seal I guess.

Melvin

BrooksBro

Are you using only the large, or both the large and small adapter ring?  I observer better elongation and less girth increase when I use both of them all the time.  I would have thought just the large ring was all that I needed when using the large and medium cylinders.  I was wrong.  Now I use both all the time, regardless of the cylinder size.

Mike_O

Mel - that's good news. Now you know the VED is working.

A very common source of air leaking problems is hair. There have been many posts on this forum about shaving to keep a good seal. Just type "shaving" in the search box above and you will get a nice list of posts.

You mentioned that you are counting the number of pumps. I did that too in the beginning. Now I just go by feel - pump just before any pain or discomfort.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Mike_O

Everyone is different: amount of skin, penis size, cylinder size, stage of Peyronies, goals, etc.

I too experimented with the sizing ring inserts so I read through the posts looking for recommendations. I think this is one of those situations where one must do whatever works best for them at the time - some trial and error is common.

My only concern about using both rings is that a "neck" might be permanently formed at the base of the penis - sometimes referred as "waisting" or "hinging".

acetyl

Quote from: Mike_O on September 16, 2010, 08:11:48 PM
Are you pulling in extra skin at the base? Is this extra skin causing the bulge?

yes.  i believe it's skin but the bulge is most likely a blood pocket.

acetyl

Quote from: BrooksBro on September 17, 2010, 05:43:53 AM
Are you using only the large, or both the large and small adapter ring?  I observer better elongation and less girth increase when I use both of them all the time.  I would have thought just the large ring was all that I needed when using the large and medium cylinders.  I was wrong.  Now I use both all the time, regardless of the cylinder size.

Thanks for your response.  I'm using both large and small adapter rings.  the bulge occurs with medium and large cylinder.

acetyl

Quote from: Mike_O on September 17, 2010, 08:45:30 AM
Everyone is different: amount of skin, penis size, cylinder size, stage of Peyronies, goals, etc.

I too experimented with the sizing ring inserts so I read through the posts looking for recommendations. I think this is one of those situations where one must do whatever works best for them at the time - some trial and error is common.

My only concern about using both rings is that a "neck" might be permanently formed at the base of the penis - sometimes referred as "waisting" or "hinging".

thanks for your response.  my problem is not with the sizing rings but rather with the medium and large cylinders.  the larger cylinder draws a pocket of blood in the base of the penis which causes a bulging effect.

Old Man

acetyl:

Question: Are you using both sizing inserts when using the medium and/or large cylinder. If not, I strongly suggest that you use both inserts to prevent the area around the base of you penis from expanding under pump up conditions. The smaller size precludes that area from being engorged with the blood flow from pumping.

Remember too, that less pressure is much better than more with VED therapy, so be careful with the amount of vacuum you use when doing the pumping cycles.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Mike_O

I have a similar experience when I use the large cylinder:

1. Extra skin getting pulled in past the opening - caused by the larger opening. Making the opening smaller by using both rings helps as well as being careful to keep lubrication off that skin.

2. Uneven expansion of the penis in the cylinder - caused by extra space in the cylinder especially just past the ring.

In the smallest cylinder, most of the expansion is directed length-wise as base of the penis expands to reach the walls of the cylinder. Assuming both sizing rings are used, there is a small gap between the rings and the cylinder. I fill that gap with a plastic ring that I found in the plumbing section of a hardware store. A small strip of rubber could also be used to fill the space.

In the other cylinders, a strip of rubber can be used to decrease the diameter of the cylinder just past the sizing ring.

Another approach that has helped me is "staging" the cylinders - start out with the small cylinder for a few cycles then move to the medium for a few cycles then end with the larger cylinder for a few cycles. This progressive increase in cylinder size gives time for the base of the penis to expand to fill the opening. This approach would be much easier with 3 separate cylinders (1.5", 1.75", 2") and no sizing rings. I am considering purchasing 3 cylinders to try it.

BSSS

question???

I've been here before (last year)  and began the 26 wk protocol, but couldn't finish it out due to some issues.

I'm back now and have been pumping for about a week and have a really hard time with the small tube in the 3 cylinder Vitality VED. The issue is not getting inside, of course it's too tight to get your whole enchilada in anyway; but the issue for me is the dadgum rim of the small tube when it's inside the others and is being used for the first 2 weeks.  The inside rim absolutely kills my penis near the base when it gets extended. I put MORE gel in and on but it doesn't really help. It just digs in and makes the experience very unpleasant. I have tried using the black rings both small and large and with/without the smaller one.  It makes no difference either way. Even with the small ring, there is still a sharp edge where the small tube begins.

Anyone else have the same experience?  Were you able to rectify it?

Thanks a bunch!
BSSS  

mike67

BSSS
I am at week 13 , using the 3 cylinder protocol. I haven't the same issue you describe in the smallest cylinder but I have a suggestion that may help.
I have a problem at times , when I am on the large cylinder week. The base of my penis swells up when pumped to the extent that it engorges uncomfortably in the base of the tube. I don't like the look of that flesh creeping into the cylinder.
I started out , at the request of my Urologist , using one of those sex shop pumps before learning about the Vitality on this Forum.
The sex pump came equiped with a rubber sleeve that was inserted into and over the base of the cylinder and then you inserted your penis and pumped.
This sleeve wraps over the base of the cylinders and fits onto your penis sort of like a glove. There is no skin contact with the plastic of the cylinder. Use this sleeve in addition to the 2 sized rubber rings. But I caution that you should custom cut the rubber at the tip opening to fit your particular size otherwise it will be a painful squeeze out the top as you erect during the pumping action.
So perhaps if you got hold of one of these "cheap" pumps , discarding everything but keep the rubber .

Hope this is helpful.

Mike67

Mikey

BSSS

Quote from: mike67 on October 13, 2010, 08:33:45 PM
BSSS
I am at week 13 , using the 3 cylinder protocol. I haven't the same issue you describe in the smallest cylinder but I have a suggestion that may help.
I have a problem at times , when I am on the large cylinder week. The base of my penis swells up when pumped to the extent that it engorges uncomfortably in the base of the tube. I don't like the look of that flesh creeping into the cylinder.
I started out , at the request of my Urologist , using one of those sex shop pumps before learning about the Vitality on this Forum.
The sex pump came equiped with a rubber sleeve that was inserted into and over the base of the cylinder and then you inserted your penis and pumped.
This sleeve wraps over the base of the cylinders and fits onto your penis sort of like a glove. There is no skin contact with the plastic of the cylinder. Use this sleeve in addition to the 2 sized rubber rings. But I caution that you should custom cut the rubber at the tip opening to fit your particular size otherwise it will be a painful squeeze out the top as you erect during the pumping action.
So perhaps if you got hold of one of these "cheap" pumps , discarding everything but keep the rubber .

Hope this is helpful.

Mike67

Thanks Mike!

I'll check into that.

BSSS

Mike_O

BSSS

There were a few posts here a long time ago about some of the Augusta cylinders being either too sharp or too short. I recall that Augusta made good on replacing them for owners. Might be worth a phone call. The ends of my cylinders have a very small bevel and are smooth.

The small cylinder requires both sizing rings.

There is a gap between the small sizing ring and the end of the small cylinder. As skin gets caught in this gap it causes a pinching feeling and leaves a swollen ring around the penis when finished with the pumping. I filled this gap with a plastic ring I found in the plumbing section of a hardware store - fits perfectly. Another solution is a narrow strip of rubber cut from gasket sheeting material also from the plumbing dept.

Mike67 also suggests another alternative - a little rubber booty. One of these can easily be made from a bicycle or motorcycle inner tube. I have not tried this but have read about it on other forums.

For the price of the VED (and now extra cylinders) I would hope for more attention to these little details from the manufacturer but not so.

Hope this helps!

crashbandit

Well, I waited for like 5 days without pumping and until my penis felt decently normal again. But since I pumped 5 hours ago, I feel way worse off then before I pumped. I really don't think I could go any more gentle with the pressure either. Like, WOW, My dick is so f'^+'ing weak. I think I wanna F~
I could never pump my dick up from flaccid like your suppose to do in the protocols. If I put my flaccid penis in the Augusta pump and give it two good full pumps on the handle (which I don't think is much pressure at all) then my penis would never get erect on it's own. For one, there's not enough pressure, and two, my penis starts hurting before any real pressure is applied. Right now as I type this message, my penis aches and I know it's only from the pump, which I don't blame the pump but my penis is sooooo weak.

What I did during my pumping session:

1. Never pumped more then 2 full handle thrusts
2. never left vacuum on for more then one minute
3. didn't pump more then a total of 15 minutes in TOTAL, like 8 minutes actual vacuum time.

AM I right to say, pumping is not for me? Why is my penis soooo weak? I think I'm in really big trouble... well excuse me as I go get my rice pack out of the microwave...

Cheers

newguy

If I go into the cyclinder flacid and suddenly do two full pumps I wouldn't get an erection either. I do lots and lots of little pumps and keep a careful eye on the gauge to make sure that I never pump past a specific point. I figure that, like when gaining an erection, it isn't an instant process, and it can take time. I do tiny, tiny pumps over the course of 30-45 seconds and I find that does the trick for me. Then when I release, the penis appears bigger in the tube anyway, and subsequent times it seems easier to fill the tube. It may be that a minority of men simply aren't suited to VED treatment, or that your condition is in a point where it's not suitable for you right now. I would wait until pain is less of an issue if this is an issue for you right now.

crashbandit

Thanks newguy,

Yep, I'm done with the pump for awhile if not forever. Too bad, I know this is a good treatment, and great for penis health. But whatever is going on with me it isn't jiving. I'm going to leave it alone for at least a week and then maybe try some stretches I've been reading about. I still have hope to get back to normal with time and supplements. I've seen 3 doctors and none of them will prescribe me trental, piss me off.

Now I'm left with natto, serrapeptase, ubiquinol, magnesium malate and fish oils. If I don't get anywhere in a month or get worse, I'm gonna try every doctor in the country until I get pentox.

You guys think it's better to sustain from masturbation? Even gentle masturbation?
Cheers

Brightdog

Quote from: newguy on October 20, 2010, 01:16:57 PM
I do tiny, tiny pumps over the course of 30-45 seconds and I find that does the trick for me. Then when I release, the penis appears bigger in the tube anyway, and subsequent times it seems easier to fill the tube.
That's exactly what I do as well, and so far I am not having any problems. Not seeing results, either - but it has only been a month.

As for gentle masturbation, I can't see how that would make anything worse - but if it's ANY kind of blood flow that is causing the pain, I am not sure what that means for masturbation. If it's not being able to reach ejaculation that is a prime concern right now, prostate stimulation might be an option that would allow you to get to ejaculation with minimal wear on your penis.

rubble

Guys,

I just started the three cylinder routine 2 days ago.  Question...  Do any of you guys think the A tube is too small? I think its almost fully engorged, but i definetly know I could comfortably engorge more in the other tubes.  Penis gets to thick, and it pinches the head off and won't allow it to "stretch" up the tube.  I will say, that this restriction does prevent me from overpumping on my peyronies scar wound as it pinches the head so bad, I can't pump very far.  What is everyones opinion?  To stick with the A tube until I graduate to the B tube?  or replace the A with the B?

Old Man

rubble:

First, read my last private message to you. Yes, you should stay with the protocol as far as which cylinder pattern to use in the weekly schedule.

You should use plenty of lube to allow the head and shaft to slip easily up and down in the cylinder when doing the pumping cycles. This should allow for a better therapy exercise session.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

rubble

Thanks Old Man.  Yeah, I read it and I'm off and running.  I'll probably have more questions, but thanks so much for the advice and help you have given me.

cowboyfood

Hey, I had the same problem when I started the VED treatment back in the spring of 2009.

Keep using the A tube.

I found that by never removing the A tube between cycles this prevented the engorgement from getting stuck; if that makes any sense.  It seems that if you remove the tube b/t cycles, then the penis expands to "normal," which prevents it from getting stretched out completely when you insert it back in the tube.

So, just release the pressure and keep it inside, then start another cycle.  It may take some practice, but I always get nice stretches in the A tube now.

CF
Currently:  L-Arginine (2g), Vit D3)

fubar

Rubble

Lubing the cylinder wall will also help you glide better as both you and the cylinder will be slick.

Fubar

skunkworks

Rubble: What is your erect girth?

The A cylinder WAS too small for me, and I think it's important to find out his girth before telling him the A cylinder is not too small.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Old Man

Hey guys:

Skunkworks is partially right in his statement about the size of the A cylinder being too small. Yes, it is possible that ones girth flaccid can be too small to fit inside the small A tube. However, it must be larger than the average girth. Only about 1 or 2 percent of the male population fit into this category.

I got a private message from a guy who stated his girth was simply just too large to fit well into the A cylinder. In fact, he could not get the head portion to go as well. We did some back and forth communication about it and he finally had to give up the A cylinder from the protocol. So, bottom line, if ones head portion and/or girth portion of their shaft is simply too large to fit into the A cylinder, by all means one must leave it out of the protocol.

Those guys, who after much trial and error, find it impossible to get their penis into the A cylinder,  they should leave it out. There is also information obtained from Augusta Medical Systems to this effect in the "rare" cases of size being too large. So, one must decide on their own if this is the problem for them.

In the meantime, a word of caution about lubrication--LUBRICATION IS THE KEY TO PROVIDING A SLIPPERY SURFACE IN THE A CYLINDER ESPECIALLY, SO BE CAREFUL TO USE ENOUGH TO PROVIDE THE BEST SLIPPERY SURFACE AT ALL TIMES!!!

Old Man  

younggun

Rubble,

I had this same issue.  I couldn't use the A cylinder.  I was looking for someone else who had this as well to figure out a solution.  I finally came across someone on here to suggested to simply modify the protocol and use the B and C tubes.  Not much else you can do.  I tried to order a personalized tube that was small, but a little larger than the A tube.  You need a doctor's prescription however.

Old Man

youngun:

It was my suggestion to leave out the A cylinder routine in the schedule of the protocol if ones girth and head diameter precluded it being drawn into the A cylinder. However, every effort should be made to get it to work with the A cylinder since that cylinder holds the shaft in a very confined straight and narrow condition. This is designed to give the maximum stretch of the scar tissue and/or plaque buildup. (Some guys have reported this problem in the past and it was suggested to me to pass on the above information to the main forum.)

It also provides a better stretch for ones hourglass effect if present. Not all have this condition, but if one does the A cylinder helps put the best stretch for that too.

Hope this helps, but if you have any further questions about the VED or the protocol, please just ask.

Regards, Old Man

fubar

Youngun

Do not know if this will help but you can order different size cylinders from Amaricandiabetieswholesale for the vitality .I only saw that you could purchase larger sizes which might work for you. Also they sell replacement parts and lube for cheap.

Fubar

Southern Man

Hi Evreyone,
This is my first post. Hawk please move it to the most pertinant area if this belongs in another thread but I wanted to share this.

Like many of you, I finally found this forum and have been SO thankful to find you guys are here. And I especially wish to thank Hawk, Angus, and the Old Man for their wisdom and leadership. After many weeks, I have read nearly every post on VEDs and have learned a lot.

I contacted the Old Man and orderd the VED he suggested. After completing the 2 weeks with the A cylinder and 2 weeks with B cylinder, I encountered a problem when beginning the C cylinder usage. The base end (adbomen) wanted to expand so quickly and fully that any additional pumping began to hurt and no blood flow seemed to reach the glans end. I have a 45 degree up curve very near the glans, so this is where blood flow is needed most.

I tried both inserts, just the large insert, slow pumping....nothing seemed to want to prevent the base end from becoming over-engorged. Then, eureka! I began a session with the B cylinder and got my usual even and healthy stretch. After 3 pump/releases with the B cylinder, I immediately switched over to the C cylinder (after lubricating it also) and tried the C cylinder with just the large insert. It worked.

Although this does require you to lubricate 2 different cylinders, it is working for me and I wanted to share this in the event others have encoutered the same problem. I'll keep posting with my progress.

Best to all,
Southern Man
Southern Man

fubar

To all

Anybody having problems fitting into the conventional three  ved cylindrer .I have found a source with tapered ends like the vitality and soma correct.

1.75 " 2 "and 2.75 "

Later gaiters,  fubar