Diagnosed with Peyronies Disease. 47 years old

Previous topic - Next topic

newBeg2012

Hi everyone,

I am 47 year old.  I noticed a left curve starting in my erect penis back in Sept. 2019.  At first, I didn't think much of it but quickly realized the curve increasing in severity to almost 45 deg. over a course of a 1 month time frame.  I knew something was wrong and did some research and realized I have Peyronies Disease.  I went to a Urologist specializing in sexual health and he also confirmed it was Peyronies Disease.  He gave me a prescription to Pentox and also suggest I take CoQ10 supplements.  He told me it was in the acute phase and told me to come back in 12 months for reevaluation at which point he will perform a doppler image.  He informed me that the curvature may change during this time.  He said it is not uncommon for the curvature severity to lessen and get worse and change shape during the acute phase.  I found this to be true because the curve in my penis has moved from a left curve to an upper curve since then.  The actual curvature has decreased in angle but is now going upward.  I can't say I know for sure but the Pentox might be helping.  It does seem like the hardness of the plague has gotten softer.  For me, I think I have plaque formation pretty much all over the top side and sides of my penis with varying degrees of thickness.  I am experiencing pain during erections and my overall penis health has not been the greatest.  That being said, I have been taking the prescribed meds, trying to eat a healthy diet, exercise and getting good sleep. The doctor said that he does not necessary promote traction but said I can do traction if I choose to.  The doctor thinks it could possibly do more damage to my penis.  Everything I have read on the internet with regards to Peyronies Disease, is that traction seems to be an activity that has brought the most success for people with Peyronies Disease.  so although, my urologist didn't necessarily promote traction, I went ahead and purchased a traction device anyway (Restorex).   After getting it delivered to my house, I gave it a try.  I have to say that it takes some getting used to and I have not fully perfected how to use it yet.  I had a lot of issues with my penis slipping out of the clamp.  Anyway, I have it and will continue to try to use it until I can get the hang of it.   That being said, I have just started walking down the path of using traction and my I have mixed feelings on it.  Part of me thinks it could be beneficial and there is another part of me that thinks it could be doing further damage.  I am proceeding with caution and trying to use gentle traction while I explore it.  For me, I think manual traction may be a better route for me.  We will see.  i will continue to explore traction.   Also, the urologist at the sexual health clinic did some blood work and I found out that i have low testosterone.  The doctor has suggest that I start on Testosterone Replacement Therapy.  The doc says that TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) will not cure my Peyronies Disease.  However, i did some internet research and there are some articles that suggests a link between Peyronies Disease and low testosterone.  I have not started TRT yet.  But plan to soon after my next physical with my family doctor.    As for me, I am divorced with 2 teenage daughters.  So there is a part of me that is thankful that I have already had kids since Peyronies Disease and TRT could impact my ability to have children.  Also, in a weird way, i am glad I am single since i don't have to worry about any embarrassment with a partner.  There are pros and cons to everything.  Anyway, my ideal situation would be to meet some good people on this forum that may be experiencing the same thing I am going through and we can support each other.  Thank you.  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

bustedchubb

Hang in there, man!  Mine developed about 2 months after yours and also have the left bend (not as bad as yours), ton of scar tissue dorsal and around the sides and wasting.  Just got my restoreX, too.  I'm also on the fence about it.  Hope you have much success in your treatment in the coming days.
45 Yrs old, Peyronies Disease Onset 11/2019, Stabilized 6/2020.

Dent/Hourglassing distal and dorsal side, lost length and girth.

Underwent Plication with Dr. Brian Christine in Birmingham, AL on 6/17/2021. Fully recovered with no complications.

FUNKOPS

My peyronie's started at 47 too. My issue was losing size really. No bends or pain. I went from a little over 7in thick to 3in with over half girth gone in like 6 months. Of course I was in a panic since I still have a very healthy sex life. I saw urologist  and was basically told you have peyroines and really nothing we can do. He gave me a Rx for pentox which I took for 6 months with no real help. I thought about surgery, but after I heard the horror stores I decided to look elsewhere. At first I was scared to try DSMO + ? treatments, but it got to the point I ran out of options. I have been doing a treatment that has worked for me for a little over a year. Now it's nothing amazing, but I got penis back to a little over 6ins and a little over half girth back. My plaque was just the head and just before base. They use to be pea size, but now can barely feel anything. Sometimes I feel nothing, but has to be something since its not back 100%. I will give you the treatment I use and it may work for you. It's not very expensive and most supplies last 6months. Here is what I do.

DMSO ROLL-ON 70% - can get 2 bottles from amazon for 13 bucks and 2 bottles last a year.
Cold Pressed castor oil - get local for 12 bucks and last 6-7 month.
Cold pressed small bottle of Jojoba oil- paid 10 bucks for a bottle.
Citrulline malate 2:1 - I use hardrhino which is 22 bucks for 5 month supply.

Morning- 1. Take hot shower letting water flow on penis 5 mins before getting out.
             2. Dry penis off very well and roll on DSMO over entire penis not just plaque areas.
                 Let it set for a minute.
             3. Next apply dime size spot of castor oil and 2 drops of jojoba oil to penis and massage entire
                 penis for 3 mins.
             4. Then put on cotton underwear.
             5. Take 1 serving of Citrulline malate 2:1 with breakfast.

Night - repeat above treatment.

This is what I have been doing and its gotten better with no more plaque spots, so it hasn't gotten worse. Low cost treatment that has worked for me and it may work for others. Sex life is better since I started...not where it was, but way better than it was. Hope this helps. Good luck in whatever you do.

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions