Just got diagnosed by my urologist

Previous topic - Next topic

peter123

So 3 weeks ago I started having severe pain which I did not think much about at the time but the pain didn't go away so I saw my GP who sent me to an urologist last week. I also noticed a LATERAL slight curvature at exactly the spot where the pain is. anyway after a bunch of tests my urologist said I hav IPP so peyronies. he prescribed me taladafil and Potaba(only med for peyronies covered  and im gonna get a prescription for pentox on Monday. Is that a good treatment plan? what else can I do? I will be frank, I have been suffering from mental health issues for all my life and this kind of feels like the last drop in the bucket. I have been depressed before I got this and now it feels even more devastating. in addition my penis is really small in length and girth so any loss will be the certain end for anything even remotely close to a normal sex life.

I feel completely left alone with this, my doctor basically said I will prescribe you these drugs but they don't really help, you just wait and see how destructive the disease will be and then you reevaluate. also I need to add that I am ONLY 24 YEARS OLD.

I don't know what im supposed to look forward, I read that it basically degenerates for up to 3 years until it can stop progression. right now the curvature is bad enough, its still manageable though. the girth loss is already unacceptable and its been only a month since this started.

I want to throw everything at this that I got in money and treatments but the options are severely limited. is there anything else I can do besides the stuff I have listened? I am planning to do Potaba 9g a day, taladafil 5mg daily, pentox as prescribed and l-arginin tablets. if it gets worse I will also consider VED.

also anti depressants because my already existing suicidal thoughts have become worse as well. biggest issue is how left alone I feel right now even though I have a decent doc that treats this seriously enough
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR REPEATED RULE VIOLATIONS He never had Peyronies Disease but has body dysmorphia and his pastime was to attack all treatments, medical resources, and opinions.

Benjamin62

This is fixable!  I know you are likely feeling despair.  It can be helped.
Many helpful people here.
There are oral meds
Injections
Traction
And Vac devices...
All will take time and dedication.
Last resort is surgery...
I tried all... (except injections)... almost a year in active phase.
Finally settled on surgery (after researching and speaking to several)
Results are great... post op discomfort manageable.
I'm on the other side
You will be too!
Peace  
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions