Combination of Treatments: Verapamil/Traction/Xiaflex

Previous topic - Next topic

DonForGood

Hello Friends,
I haven't been here in years because things have been much better for me in the Peyronies Disease department. Let me reintroduce myself:
I have suffered with and have been treated for Peyronie's Disease. It all began 11 years ago. I started out with a very distorted, pained penis. It started by bending to the right, then to the left, then upward, where it became an upside-down J, with a very strong constriction ring in the middle. All the while, it was shrinking and losing function. It was so depressing and terrible. I was treated early on mostly with Verapamil/saline injections and by using a penis stretcher, and some VED. That took about 18 months. I continued using a penis stretcher for many years. Then, beginning this past fall, I had 8 Xiaflex treatments. I had very positive responses to all of these treatments and my penis is truly almost its old self. However, my journey was very difficult, like most of you. The psychological component was simply horrendous. But I did pull through. (I wrote a book about the ordeal and that helped me and others.) I am posting a blog post here of my eleven years of treatment to encourage people to NOT GIVE UP! I did now want surgery, so I stayed the course. I know some men have no choice but to get surgery. But for me, the slow and steady treatments really did do the trick and I want to list the detailed treatment schedule here for the purpose of encouragement. Good luck to everyone. This is no fun. But as one of my doctors said, "No one ever died from Peyronie's disease!"  Keep living! Keep going! Yours, in admiration for persevering, Don Cummings.  http://opentrench.blogspot.com/2020/03/appendix-to-bent-but-not-broken.html">Eleven Year Treatment Schedule
I'm 57. P.D. for eleven years. Success with: Verapamil injections, penis traction, Xiaflex injections. I wrote a book. This took up much of my life. Here to help!

anchorout

Are you back to pre-Peyronie's condition, without any need to continue use of devices and/or other types of treatment?
Age 60, first erectile pain mid-2018. Noticed hourglass deformity late 2019 (hadn't actually been looking prior). Now moderate bend, hourglass turned into overall reduction of about 40% in girth and length, cannot have intercourse.

TonySa

Sounds like an interesting book on the emotions of going through Peyronies Disease and it's treatment  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

BrettC

Thanks for dropping in Don.  I read your book.  

I am currently being treated by a doctor here in Houston who works at Baylor.  He did an interesting study that when they were doing the Xiaflex trial they found the placebo patients also saw improvements.  Apparently simply the action of the injections may break up the plaque a bit.  

Anyways... thanks for writing the book.  Sounded like you went through a lot in many ways from reading it.  
52 years old
Diagnosed 5 years ago with an upward curve of 60-65 degrees.
Completed one full round of treatments with Xiaflex (8 injections)  Measured curve 40-45 degrees after that
Using Restorex and took oral medications as well (Pentox Cials)