Hematoma after Plication, can it cause recurrence?

Previous topic - Next topic

filbo492

Hi guys,

In short, I had a 40  degree congenital curvature (ventral/lateral), went through with a Plication surgery this morning and everything went fine, except I got a hematoma after surgery. I read some science reports that hematoma can cause recurrence and significant shortening, and I am now terrified.

Anyone experienced recurrence of curvature after developing a hematoma? Anyone with hematoma who had a nice result from surgery? Don't know what to expect, but I don't think I could handle having a second surgery.

Thanks in advance, this is really tearing me apart
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TDix

I had hematomas after my Xiaflex injections.  If they are large you can go to the ER and get them drained.  If they are internal, they will resolve on their own, as I had one post surgery.  Did not affect length or a recurring curvature.  They are painful though
47 yrs old, 3 yrs diagnosed
Xiaflex w/original uro resulted in a fracture
Excision/grafting by Dr Faysal Yafi 3/26/19
Implanted by Dr Yafi 8/11/20, Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE

Benjamin62

I think that's normal.  Call the surgeon.
I had surgery tel days ago... I have some of that as well.
But I know how these things can eat at ones mind...
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

mst

No, hematoma is Absolutely normal

It is NOT connected with penile shortening or reccurent curvature

cdub

Quote from: TDix on March 02, 2020, 12:05:56 PM
I had hematomas after my Xiaflex injections.  If they are large you can go to the ER and get them drained.  If they are internal, they will resolve on their own, as I had one post surgery.  Did not affect length or a recurring curvature.  They are painful though

TDix, how long did it take for your hematoma to completely go away?
Large Indentation 3/16/20, lead to Penile Microfracture on 6/26/21.  Still suffering from large indentation, some wasting on other side of penis and large nodule when erect in center of penis (dorsal). Penis is straight & erections are good

JustAGuy2020

I had plication + incision/grafting surgery in 2020, after which I did have an internal hematoma at the incision/grafting site.  The Dr was not concerned about it and it went away on its own although it took quite a while.  Not to alarm you but I did have a recurrence of curvature following this procedure, however, I got a second opinion from Dr Levine in Chicago and he is convinced the first surgery was done incorrectly which caused the recurrence of curvature.
55 y/o, Peyronies Disease onset 2018, diag 2/19.
Pentox failed, Ref to U-Michigan, doppler showed 45D right curve and 80D dorsal w hinge effect.
Incision/grafting/plication at U-M 9/20 failed.
Implant / graft repair with Dr Levine (Chicago) 9/21, successful so far

68andbent

I had a hematoma and it was about 10 weeks after surgery..... he put a needle in and took out the blood.  And yes, a new curve.  In line for another surgery
Started 3 yrs ago. Had placation in July 2019. Second in 2022
I did notice shortening 
Second one distroyed sex life and left me with a lifetime of 24x7 penile pain.