Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ALL Members PLEASE Add a Signature line with age, history etc
PROFILE -> FORUM PROFILE -> SIGNATURE
More instructions here -> Signature Line - History - Peyronies Society Forums

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My doctor is prescribing Xiaflex for erectile dysfunction with no curve  (Read 463 times)

JayneFonda

• Voting Member

Has anyone had Xiaflex be brought up in regards to their Erectile Dysfunction?

I have no curve and moderate plaque in the centre of my penis that has not improved with oral medication for the last 3 years.

Doctor is suggesting I try Xiaflex at this point.

Can plaque cause erectile dysfunction with no curve? And can Xiaflex resolve this.
I am worried that my doctor may be misinformed or making a bad judgement call please let me know what you think.

Hawk

• Bionic Penis 22cm Titan - Dr. Eid 8/7/18
  • Administrator
    • Peyronie's Disease
Re: My doctor is prescribing Xiaflex for erectile dysfunction with no curve
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 01:33:56 PM »

I would be VERY cautious getting Xiaflex injections for Erectile Dysfunction.  How much experience does your doctor have in injecting Xiaflex.  Unless he was a top doc I would say no.  I have never heard of it reversing Erectile Dysfunction
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 68 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

JayneFonda

• Voting Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 02:55:30 PM »

I would be VERY cautious getting Xiaflex injections for Erectile Dysfunction.  How much experience does your doctor have in injecting Xiaflex.  Unless he was a top doc I would say no.  I have never heard of it reversing Erectile Dysfunction

He's a top doc in canada. Dr Anthony Bella. He does 100s of injections a day.

I still am apprehensive of going through with this and he is not pressuring me but asking me to do research online.
So far I have not found much to support his recommendation.

However at this point I have seen little clinical success with oral medications for the last 3 years.

pfract

• #whateverittakes
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 03:21:07 PM »

Hundreds of injections a day? And he recommends it for Erectile Dysfunction? What was his rationale? Sort of improving the plaque will better your Erectile Dysfunction?

Godisreal

• Major Contributor
  • Child of God
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 05:00:48 PM »

Have you tried softening your plaque with DMSO? If you haven’t, you should really look into it.
Acute Peyronie’s and high erection angle, Peyronie’s onset in September 2019.
Mild/Moderate dorsal curve, caused by a thin & hard scar leaving my dick with a banana shape.
As of 2020: DMSO + Aloe, Magnesium Oil, cardio, sauna, Pentox & L-Citrulline.

JayneFonda

• Voting Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 05:29:36 PM »

Hundreds of injections a day? And he recommends it for Erectile Dysfunction? What was his rationale? Sort of improving the plaque will better your Erectile Dysfunction?

Well not hundreds per day it's an exaggeration. But he's one of the only urologists who treats this condition in my country and he has people flying from across the country to see him for injections and treatment.

I think early one we did blood work and other things to rule out causes.

His conclusion was the scar tissue located in the center of my dick was the cause of my erectile dysfunction.

He is saying that the only risk is human error, and aslong as the xiaflex is injected into the scar tissue under ultrasound guidance it will not do any harm at worst and I will see possible improvements.

jan.schaller1958

• Voting Member

Well not hundreds per day it's an exaggeration. But he's one of the only urologists who treats this condition in my country and he has people flying from across the country to see him for injections and treatment.

I think early one we did blood work and other things to rule out causes.

His conclusion was the scar tissue located in the center of my dick was the cause of my erectile dysfunction.

He is saying that the only risk is human error, and aslong as the xiaflex is injected into the scar tissue under ultrasound guidance it will not do any harm at worst and I will see possible improvements.

I don’t know, but you raise good questions. I don’t have Erectile Dysfunction but shortening and a 30 degree or slightly greater upward curve. Dr Lue recommended Xiaflex for me now, contrary to 4 years ago, based on a recent ultrasound. So I’m seeing my Kaiser urologist about the Xiaflex injections. Doesn’t sound like it can hurt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up