33 y.o., suspected Peyronies Disease

Previous topic - Next topic

confused

Hello everyone,

Please bare with my whine-fest:

About 3 weeks ago, I discovered that I had some problems with my "equipment." I woke up, and my penis was in pretty severe pain, as well as being sloped upwards. My first reaction was panic. Over the next few days, I tried masturbation to see if I would experience similar problems. Sure enough, it was painful, and their was significant upward curvature. I recently went to my general practitioner, received a tentative diagnosis of Peyronies, and have been referred to a urologist. During this time, I have been rather distraught. I am recently divorced, and I was moving back towards the dating scene. I really can't imagine disclosing/dealing with this while trying to meet new women. This is compounded by the fact that I have another rare condition, hyperhidrosis, which makes physical contact with others a major embarrassment. Essentially, my entire body is covered by a thin layer of sweat at all times, regardless of temperature.

In addition to my appointment with my current urologist, I have also made an appointment with Dr. Levine. The doctor is apparently very busy; he is unable to see me until November.

I have read through several posts on this forum, and perused various journal aricles (I have access to a university library account). Until I receive medical treatment, I am throwing everything and the kitchen sink at this problem. I am currently taking Vitamin E and Coenzyme supplements. I am considering using hyperthermia treatments with a moist towel as well. I realize none of these treatments have much support behind them, but I am extremely nervous/desperate.

I do have one quick question, and I have been searching the forums for an answer. Is gentle masturbation, if little to no pain is experienced, a good idea? I'll keep searching.

Thanks for listening.