BIMIX

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMathuna

I went into a Uro a few months ago and scheduled a doppler ultrasound. I ended up cancelling it because he said he would use BIMIX to induce erection, and I read on here that BIMIX injections can actually cause Peyronie's. I'm seeing another Uro in a month, and will push for a doppler without BIMIX, but I don't feel very optomistic. Urologists have been very unaccommodating so far.

What are other safe ways a doctor can induce erection for the doppler ultrasound?

If I don't figure out soon I'm just going to crack and go for the BIMIX because I wand to know what the F~@< is going on with my dick.

Also... how do I know if the plaques have calcified? Will an ultrasound pick up on this? I'm six months in. Not sure if I'm in the acute of chronic phase at this point.
27 yr/o
Symptoms presented August 20, 2019
Slight bend to the left and down
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

TonySa

If the ultrasound is for diagnosing peyronies they do not need to induce an erection.  If it is to diagnose ED an erection is needed.  In that case be sure to compress the injection site for 5-8 minutes to prevent any internal bleeding which theoretically even one time (unlikely) could induce peyronies.
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

MacMathuna

Ok. My understanding is that they can't do an ultrasound at all unless you are erect. There's just not enough there.
At least, that's what a doctor told me. (But maybe it's just me  :o )

I thought you would perform an ultrasound with erection in order to identify plaques more effectively?
27 yr/o
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

TonySa

Nope, an erect UON is not needed to identify plaque, calcification, etc.  
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.

MacMathuna

Hmmm... Ok. I guess I won't ask for that then, and can skip the BIMIX.

So you're saying I can get an ultrasound done flaccid in order to check for plaques and calcification?
27 yr/o
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

TonySa

MacMathuna

I never got this test done. I'm thinking about calling the uro office back and scheduling it. You're sure they'll be willing to do an ultrasound without inducing erection?

For some reason I have a feeling they'll just say no.
27 yr/o
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation

Pfract

MacMathuna:  the thing with the injection test is people not compressing the injection site. And like a few doctors that i have been to say, " the benefits far outweigh the risks".

Erect is ideal in my opinion, because doctors get a good idea of your blood flow and fibrosis on erect state. That allows you to know if you have any erection problems incoming and how your erectile tissue is. I have actually had an erect state ultrasound done first, and a flaccid one done.

Both  by reputable doctors. Guess which one showed my penile state better after the fracture?

jj21

I agree with PFRACT.

In my case - I had the TRIMIX injection - with the ultrasound - it does make identifying plaque easier. It also helps ascertain curvature, erection problems etc when doing the ultrasound in an erect state. They were also able to ascertain that my ED is not a veinous issue.

Keep in mind ONE injection from trimix is unlikely to cause peyronies, if injected cautiously with care. People who developed peyronies from trimix injections usually used it as an erectile dysfunction aid and partook in multiple injections.

It could be of benefit to you to just get the ultrasound in an erect state depending on how bad your situation is.

Good luck!
JJ

34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm +1cm RTE, Partial revision 27th June 23 (fix pump, remove 10ml reservoir).

TonySa

For identifying plaque flaccid is just as effective as erect.  However, if erect can also evaluate causes of Erectile Dysfunction.  So if that is needed, a one time injection is likely well worth it.  Just be sure to compress the injection site for at least 5 mins immediately after injection before the ultrasound.

MacMathuna

Ok. Thanks for the advice. I think I'll probably go through with it.  
27 yr/o
downward hinging
distal hourglassing
loss of sensation