Does anyone know much of this Peyroines surgery?

Previous topic - Next topic

jan.schaller1958

Hello,

I'm new here and was considering this surgery after consulting Dr. Lue at UCSF.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29644164

Does anyone know much about it? Is it effective? Will it restore length?

I'm namely concerned about scar tissue formation. My concern is because my Kaiser urologist, who actually does this procedure, but agreed to an outside referral, said that Dr. Lue might ask for a circumcision as part of the surgery. I've heard this isn't necessarily true. Much to my dissatisfaction, I was born in an American public hospital in 1958 in Maine, where the circumcision rate was around 85% at the time. My mother was duped by a pediatrician who was spreading the ridiculous lies, so popular at the time, that circumcision was healthier and prevented penile cancer, and she allowed me to be circumcised. I have resented this to this day, even though I was lucky enough to have had a good cosmetic result.  I have always had ample and loose penile skin. I  have been reversing the circumcision by stretching the foreskin up and over the glans for over 7 months, and holding it in place with medical tape, and I have made substantial progress, covering almost half the glans while flaccid. My Kaiser urologist said, this was fine, and is effective since my penile skin has no scar tissue on it,  so he said, if I liked the appearance of the uncircumcised penis to keep doing this. But my fear is Dr. Lue's surgery could cause scar tissue on my penis making full restoration without restoration surgery impossible or extremely difficult. If I have to choose, between the two, I'll forgo the Peyroines surgery to be able to successfully restore my foreskin. I know this is not the place to go on an anti-circumcision rant, and I'm not trying to stray from the topic of Peyroines. I just want anyone's opinion if they have any experience with this or what their opinions are. Thanks.  
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR RULE VIOLATIONS

TonySa

Interesting question, did you ask Dr Lue during the consult?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

jan.schaller1958

Quote from: TonySa on February 17, 2020, 11:16:28 AM
Interesting question, did you ask Dr Lue during the consult?

No, had initial consult in 2016 really about Xiaflex, pinning all my hopes on it. Dr Lue said I wasn't a Xiaflex candidate and he couldn't safely inject it. Then he said he could offer me this alloderm surgery but didn't explain much about it and I wasn't thinking surgery at the time anyway. Not even sure it's the same surgery I want to consult him on now.

I started foreskin restoration 7 months ago, which has worked very well, and  I saw a Kaiser urologist last week who was familiar with Dr. Lue's surgery and had done him himself, but he agreed to refer me back to Lue. I'm still trying to get through to UCSF to book a consult to discuss.  But, the Kaiser urologist said, if I liked the uncircumcised look, by all means keep doing the stretching since it has been working well. He said since I had no scar tissue it will continue to work well and to keep at it. But, he said only if I had scar tissue would it not work very well or could even "unstretch." But, he said "Dr Lue probably wants uncircumcised men to have a circ done before doing the alloderm surgery. Just so you know. But, my fear is any cutting for Peyronies Disease down there will cause scar tissue and blow my restoration efforts. Not sure. If that's the case, I'll not have the surgery. Weird question but an unknown answer.  
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM FORUM FOR RULE VIOLATIONS