Dealing with stress and uncertainty after Nesbit surgery

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatOneDude

Hey everyone,

I'm a 21 year old guy who had nesbit surgery performed (45° degree congenital lateral/dorsal curve) exactly 2 week ago by a surgeon who specialized in Peyronies Disease and penile curvature in general. Everything seems to be healing well looks wise, stitches are starting to dissolve/fall out and swelling/bruising has almost completely subsided. I have good nightly erections and my penis is straight, while only losing about half an inch. My main concerns right now are complete numbness in the right part of my glans, the uncertainty of how the circumcision scar is going to feel once it's completely healed and how long the internal stitches will hurt.

Doctor said the healing process takes AT LEAST 6 weeks, but I've come to terms with the fact that it might take several more months before all feeling comes back. I didn't have a lot of sex before the operation because of mental and physical issues regarding my penis. The curvature in combination with phimosis made it all very difficult for me.

I'm wondering how other people who've had the surgery done dealt with the stress and uncertainty that came with it. Keeping myself busy with other things like college and hobbies is often difficult, but makes time go by faster. I just hope I'll be able to have a good sex life in the future. Right now dating girls feels impossible as I'm not sure how to explain my situation, especially at my age.

I'll be posting here again in the future to report on my progress, as it might be helpful to others.  :)

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions

TonySa

Keeping yourself busy, giving it time to fully heal are great strategies!
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

ThatOneDude

Week 4 post surgery

Looks wise everything is healing well, circumcision line stitches are almost gone and so is even minor swelling. I'm happy with how stuff looks, penis starts to feel looser again and nightly erections don't hurt that much anymore, they just feel weird.

Sensitivity wise things don't feel right yet, I'm not sure when I'll be able to masturbate and get an erection by applying direct stimulation (Not allowed to for 2 more weeks anyways) I'm kinda worried but realize 4 weeks isn't a very long time in terms of healing
The right side of my glans is still numb, the doctor said the feeling might or might not come back, but will take a year if it does. I've read posts of people who said feeling returned slowly over many months, so I'm also hopeful.  

Pfract

ThatOneDude

Quote from: pfract on March 01, 2020, 01:17:58 AM
Length wise are you OK?

Yeah I think so, Before I was about 5'8-6' inches on my longest side, now I'm 5'2 (which was the short side) and that's fine by me!